PDA

View Full Version : Outside the box choices...

NC15FAN
11-26-2017, 10:26 PM
I believe we are returning a top 20 program of players next year and with good recruiting holding this class together, we are very attractive as a landing spot because we are not a rebuild. So with that, I?m thinking there are a lot of actual coaches, even in power conferences, that might be interested. Here?s a list ranked by intrigue..

Rich Rodriguez. Could he replicate his WVU magic here getting back to southern athletes?
Chris Peterson. More interest this time around with a better program in place?
Bryan Harsin. Seems to be steady and under the radar.
Kyle Whittingham. Has to realize by now, Utah is just going to be a lid.

Less intrigue...

Skip Holtz
Steve Campbell
Mark Huspeth
Kevin Sumlin

Spiderman
11-26-2017, 10:32 PM
I believe we are returning a top 20 program of players next year and with good recruiting holding this class together, we are very attractive as a landing spot because we are not a rebuild. So with that, I?m thinking there are a lot of actual coaches, even in power conferences, that might be interested. Here?s a list ranked by intrigue..

Rich Rodriguez. Could he replicate his WVU magic here getting back to southern athletes?
Brad Peterson. More interest this time around with a better program in place?
Bryan Harsin. Seems to be steady and under the radar.
Kyle Whittingham. Has to realize by now, Utah is just going to be a lid.

Less intrigue...

Skip Holtz
Steve Campbell
Mark Huspeth
Kevin Sumlin

Please tell me you meant Chris Peterson, (which is a pipe dream)

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-26-2017, 10:32 PM
Haven't kept up with Campbell at UCA. What has he done up there. I know he's a good coach with MSU ties.

msstate7
11-26-2017, 10:34 PM
Willie fritz.

Pretty much everyone would hate it, but his style would match our personnel very well

Corn Bread
11-26-2017, 10:35 PM
Haven't kept up with Campbell at UCA. What has he done up there. I know he's a good coach with MSU ties.

What is the scoop on the UAB coach. Possible?

Really Clark?
11-26-2017, 10:40 PM

6, 7, 10 and 10 wins in his four years. Done really well and leading their conference ahead of Sam Houston St

BayouDawg
11-26-2017, 10:54 PM
Willie fritz.

Pretty much everyone would hate it, but his style would match our personnel very well

Fritz is a damn good coach. I don?t know how well he can recruit though

RezDog7
11-26-2017, 10:56 PM
Am I the only one that thinks this may actually work out really well for us. With a the openings, TN has screwed the pooch, A&M gets Jimbo and OM keeps Luke. That means there are a lot of goo candidates available. For what it’s worth I like Norvel or Pruitt.

AgDawg80
11-26-2017, 10:58 PM
Joe Judge

I think there is an article out there on him somewhere done by ESPN maybe? Former player under Sherrill. Coached under Saban at AL for three or four years. Has been at the patriots un Belicheck for five or six years now. May not be a popular name, but he's been in the football system for a while and may have good enough connections the past few years to bring in descent coordinators, recruiters, etc.

Y'all said outside the box so there you go.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-26-2017, 10:58 PM
What is the scoop on the UAB coach. Possible?

I could be totally wrong but I don't see Bill Clark leaving UAB for at least a couple of years. He's a great coach that has won everywhere he's been. I'd be in favor of this but don't see him leaving just yet. A TON of people backed him and UAB to get it going again and I think he feel some loyalty to those people, the city of Birmingham and UAB. I think he'd win here and win year in and year out.

Cowbellringer
11-26-2017, 11:11 PM
You want out of the box? Go get Will Healy at Austin Peay. If you haven't followed his story at Austin Peay you're missing out. Guarantee to win the Eddie Robinson award for National Coach of the Year. Took over a program that had lost 47 0f 48 games. 29 in a row. AP hadn't won 3 games in a row since 1986. Went 8-4 in year 2. Brought in #1 recruiting class in the county at FCS level to an 0-11 team. He's only 32 and is probably a few years away from a big job, but he will be winning on a big stage in the next few years.

https://vimeo.com/232697836

smootness
11-26-2017, 11:27 PM
Mike Houston - James Madison coach

Westdawg
11-26-2017, 11:42 PM
Heck yes on Steve Campbell !!!

Has won at every level - knows the state high schools and the juco system extensively.
And is a dang winner.

BhamDawg205
11-27-2017, 12:13 AM
This deserves a look... John Grass Jacksonville State in Alabama. He's 46-7 and coached under Bill Clark