PDA

View Full Version : Do we know for sure who all Mullen is taking with him?

Irondawg
11-26-2017, 10:13 PM
I assume Gonzo and Hevesy for sure, but guessing not Knox since he's the interim.

Haven't seen anything definitive on Grantham or any of the other defensive guys.

yjnkdawg
11-26-2017, 10:16 PM
I assume Gonzo and Hevesy for sure, but guessing not Knox since he's the interim.

Haven't seen anything definitive on Thompson or any of the other defensive guys.

Those two plus Grantham are gone and Knox may be later. No info on others.

Spiderman
11-26-2017, 10:23 PM

Haven't seen anything definitive on Thompson or any of the other defensive guys.

No idea for sure but Grantham, Hev, Gonzo, T-Buck and probably Elliott would be pretty much for sure. Maybe English too. And Savage.

My question is who the hell is gonna be coaching the bowl game? Knox and the GA's with the recruiting staffers?

It's a damn mess

msstate7
11-26-2017, 10:25 PM
No idea for sure but Grantham, Hev, Gonzo, T-Buck and probably Elliott would be pretty much for sure. Maybe English too. And Savage.

My question is who the hell is gonna be coaching the bowl game? Knox and the GA's with the recruiting staffers?

It's a damn mess

Kiffin will coach us just fine in the bowl.

BuckyIsAB****
11-26-2017, 10:26 PM
Kiffin will coach us just fine in the bowl.

Man Kiffin would be fun as hell. We'd win next year for sure, might win BIG. Talk about exposure, the media would be full of MSU football all spring and summer

Irondawg
11-26-2017, 10:33 PM
Wonder what they are paying Grantham b/c I thought he was happy in S'ville and shouldn't have a ton of loyalty to mullen like the other guys.

Irondawg
11-26-2017, 11:10 PM
gotta be north of the 1.3M we supposedly offered i guess for Grantham

PlattsburgDawg
11-26-2017, 11:47 PM
Wonder what they are paying Thompson b/c I thought he was happy in S'ville and shouldn't have a ton of loyalty to mullen like the other guys.

Who is Thompson?

Irondawg
11-27-2017, 12:29 AM
I meant Grantham - I have no idea what I was typing. Looking up too many coaching profiles i guess

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-27-2017, 12:32 AM
Man Kiffin would be fun as hell. We'd win next year for sure, might win BIG. Talk about exposure, the media would be full of MSU football all spring and summer

You fine with him bringing Chris along too?

BulldogBear
11-27-2017, 12:39 AM
I meant Grantham - I have no idea what I was typing. Looking up too many coaching profiles i guess

I was wondering if we were possibly gonna pay Grantham 1.5 why not offer hI'm to stay for that anyway

Irondawg
11-27-2017, 12:43 AM
I was wondering if we were possibly gonna pay Grantham 1.5 why not offer hI'm to stay for that anyway

You have to think we did so a little surprised he's following mullen if his kids were happy here and he was getting paid well. maybe they're throwing insane money at him as well.

BuckyIsAB****
11-27-2017, 12:55 AM
You fine with him bringing Chris along too?

no

yjnkdawg
11-27-2017, 01:07 AM
Wonder what they are paying Grantham b/c I thought he was happy in S'ville and shouldn't have a ton of loyalty to mullen like the other guys.

My thinking too. I thought he said the last several days that he wanted to stay here even if Mullen took another job. I think he would get $1.3 million a year in the package we proposed. Mullen wanted Grantham, so FL would pay whatever they needed to pay.

yjnkdawg
11-27-2017, 01:11 AM
You have to think we did so a little surprised he's following mullen if his kids were happy here and he was getting paid well. maybe they're throwing insane money at him as well.

I think that was a part of his FL package that they would pay whatever was necessary, to get our current coaches, he wanted to carry to FL with him.

Dawgtini
11-27-2017, 09:54 AM
247 reporting Grantham to interview for HC and his Twitter still says mstate. I hope we can keep him as DC or HC just for some continuity on the D. They should be even better with a year under their belt in his system plus the pieces we look to add. Also all of the D recruits should be excited to stay.

BulldogBear
11-27-2017, 10:44 AM
247 reporting Grantham to interview for HC and his Twitter still says mstate. I hope we can keep him as DC or HC just for some continuity on the D. They should be even better with a year under their belt in his system plus the pieces we look to add. Also all of the D recruits should be excited to stay.

Honestly, I think we should do whatever it takes to keep Grantham