PDA

View Full Version : For the Pruitt camp

msstate7
11-26-2017, 09:42 PM
Any idea on what sort of offensive philosophy he would go for? Are there any connections to current OCs in his background?

civildawg
11-26-2017, 09:43 PM
Someone said Billy Napier

Reason2succeed
11-26-2017, 09:45 PM
I hate Bama leftovers. He has absolutely no HC experience. Can he recruit? I hate his fat face.

Coursesuper
11-26-2017, 09:49 PM
No thank you, only worked around elite talent.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-26-2017, 09:53 PM
I hate Bama leftovers. He has absolutely no HC experience. Can he recruit? I hate his fat face.

Kirby Smart says hello.

Ari Gold
11-26-2017, 09:54 PM

Bama leftovers?? Guy was at UGA and FSU. Think he was pretty good at all 3 spots
Could Mullen recruit ?
No HC experience? Did Mullen ?
You hate is fat face.. as stupid as that is that's ur best argument.

Reason2succeed
11-26-2017, 09:55 PM
No thank you, only worked around elite talent.

This too!

Reason2succeed
11-26-2017, 09:56 PM
Kirby Smart says hello.

And that's why Georgia did a Georgia AGAIN and lost when all they had to do was win out. The book is still out on Kirby Smart.

msstate7
11-26-2017, 09:57 PM
If Pruitt is the guy, I think he could take a page out of smart?s book and hire another ex-ark OC in enus. Little briles and Sterlin Gilbert could be good hires too

Shake 'n Bake
11-26-2017, 09:58 PM
Pruitt would recruit his ass off. To me he’s by far the best name being mentioned. Need to get a spread option offensive coordinator to pair with him.

Reason2succeed
11-26-2017, 09:59 PM
Bama leftovers?? Guy was at UGA and FSU. Think he was pretty good at all 3 spots
Could Mullen recruit ?

I would assume we wouldn't have to go that route again. Mullen came after Croom. We're hiring another crap shoot when it's probably not necessary. And as Course said dude has only been at places that recruit themselves. I don't have a good feeling about Pruitt. You'll be the main one bashing him in two years.

BB30
11-26-2017, 10:00 PM
Could Mullen recruit ?

Mullen was innovative on offense and could develop a QB. Our program was also in a different place back then and we didn’t have just a ton of realistic options. Pruitt could possibly be a decent HC if he brought In the right offensive staff..if he would even think about running a bammer offense we need to avoid him.

For the Pruitt fans what makes you think he would make a good HC? What’s his history/track record as a DC?

Lance Harbor
11-26-2017, 10:01 PM
Pruitt is a tireless recruiter and helluva DC. He's very aggressive. Left UGA bc he clashed with Richt. He has the pedigree and recruiting ties. Just need a really good OC. He'd do really well at MSU.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-26-2017, 10:01 PM
And that's why Georgia did a Georgia AGAIN and lost when all they had to do was win out. The book is still out on Kirby Smart.

Yes 11-1 and playing the SEC championship in year 2 is quite the step back for Georgia..wth?

civildawg
11-26-2017, 10:03 PM
Pruitt could suck, I agree its a gamble but he has the bigger name for recruits. Maybe he could do what Kirby is doing, on a smaller scale of course. I still like Bill Clark and the Troy coach also. I do trust Cohen to make the best hire that fits Msu. He made a great hire in cann so that makes me feel better about him hiring.

dawgday166
11-26-2017, 10:04 PM
Pruitt would recruit his ass off. To me he’s by far the best name being mentioned. Need to get a spread option offensive coordinator to pair with him.

This is where I'm at too. Combine a not-such-an-arrogant-all-knowing-ass but still from Urban coaching tree with Pruitt. Best of both worlds.

Dan will still suck at FL unless he can find a good OC to work with him. Which for him might be hard to do. Urban said on first interview with him he wanted to hit Mullen.

Not having an OC was holding Malzahn back too. Can't run the game and offense at same time.

Ari Gold
11-26-2017, 10:05 PM
I would assume we wouldn't have to go that route again. Mullen came after Croom. We're hiring another crap shoot when it's probably not necessary. And as Course said dude has only been at places that recruit themselves. I don't have a good feeling about Pruitt. You'll be the main one bashing him in two years.

I would listen to ur argument if you had given any valid points.
Any coach is a crap shoot no matter who it's besides a handful guys. (Which we have zero shot at)
Hell Fla is on their 3rd coach since urban left
LSU hired Coach O for Christ sake
Tenn is almost as big a dumpster fire as OM

What makes anyone else that we have a legit shot at getting a slam dunk hire over Pruitt ..??? And I'm not saying it's Pruitt or bust..

Shake 'n Bake
11-26-2017, 10:17 PM
Pruitt’s one year at Florida State they won the national championship and led the country in scoring d. He’s not just a bama leftover

Reason2succeed
11-26-2017, 10:22 PM
I would listen to ur argument if you had given any valid points.
Any coach is a crap shoot no matter who it's besides a handful guys. (Which we have zero shot at)
Hell Fla is on their 3rd coach since urban left
LSU hired Coach O for Christ sake
Tenn is almost as big a dumpster fire as OM

What makes anyone else that we have a legit shot at getting a slam dunk hire over Pruitt ..??? And I'm not saying it's Pruitt or bust..

Who said anything about a slam dunk hire? I just want someone who has actually had a HC job before. Literally we will have our best team ever in the hands of a rookie head coach.

pilldawg
11-26-2017, 10:24 PM
Mullen was innovative on offense and could develop a QB. Our program was also in a different place back then and we didn?t have just a ton of realistic options. Pruitt could possibly be a decent HC if he brought In the right offensive staff..if he would even think about running a bammer offense we need to avoid him.

For the Pruitt fans what makes you think he would make a good HC? What?s his history/track record as a DC?

Nm

BuckyIsAB****
11-26-2017, 10:24 PM
Pruitt is an intense bastard and I've heard his name brought up before by a big money guy I know. Cohen is gonna love him. He is a big time recruiter and has all the connections and pedigree you could ask for. If we dont hire him, you can bet your ass somebody else will. Im torn between him and Lane Kiffin tbh

Lance Harbor
11-26-2017, 10:25 PM
Clemson still refers to the bubble screen as the "Napier."

Commercecomet24
11-26-2017, 10:25 PM
Somebody convince me on Pruitt. Give me some facts. I have an open mind

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-26-2017, 10:26 PM

Napier was primary recruiter for one Jalen Mayden and Stephen Guidry...couldnt hurt.
We get Pruitt and Napier we won’t miss a beat in recruiting, even upgrade.

gravedigger
11-26-2017, 10:28 PM
Who said anything about a slam dunk hire? I just want someone who has actually had a HC job before. Literally we will have our best team ever in the hands of a rookie head coach.

Croom has head coaching experience.

BuckyIsAB****
11-26-2017, 10:29 PM

DC at Bama last 2 years (won natty) DC at FSU (won natty) DC at UGA (1 game short of natty). Cohen will love him hes high energy high intensity and I think a lot of guys would love to coach with him. He'd need a quality OC but hes a 3-4 guy so we'd pick up right where we left off on D.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-26-2017, 10:29 PM

The number 1 thing is he has a name our fan base can f@*^ up. Prewitt, Pruitts, Pruit

Commercecomet24
11-26-2017, 10:30 PM
The number 1 thing is he has a name our fan base can f@*^ up. Prewitt, Pruitts, Pruit

Now that?s funny!

Commercecomet24
11-26-2017, 10:31 PM
DC at Bama last 2 years (won natty) DC at FSU (won natty) DC at UGA (1 game short of natty). Cohen will love him hes high energy high intensity and I think a lot of guys would love to coach with him. He'd need a quality OC but hes a 3-4 guy so we'd pick up right where we left off on D.

Can he recruit somewhere that?s not a blue blood program? Does he have ties to any good offensive guys?

DeputyDawg94
11-26-2017, 10:35 PM

That's the first time I've laughed today. Thanks

dawgday166
11-26-2017, 10:36 PM

Hasn't won natty in last 2 years at Bama. Bama lost to Clemson last year. Took some tremendous plays from Watson and his receivers on final drive for that to happen tho. His D this year is not as good as Bama's have historically been under Smart, but there have been a lot of injuries this year too.

BuckyIsAB****
11-26-2017, 10:36 PM
Can he recruit somewhere that?s not a blue blood program? Does he have ties to any good offensive guys?

I mean the smallest place he has coached is in high school, smallest college is West Alabama. I think recruiting his recruiting if you can do it at FSU, UGA, Bama you can do it at MSU. He'd need a quality offensive staff like I said. Little Briles would probably be 1 on his list

BuckyIsAB****
11-26-2017, 10:37 PM
Hasn't won natty in last 2 years at Bama. Bama lost to Clemson last year. Took some tremendous plays from Watson and his receivers on final drive for that to happen tho. His D this year is not as good as Bama's have historically been under Smart, but there have been a lot of injuries this year too.

He took over for Kirby in 16 so he did win a natty

BankerDog
11-26-2017, 10:37 PM
If hired he would bring Stephen Gilbert as his OC, which would be fantastic.

dawgday166
11-26-2017, 10:39 PM
He took over for Kirby in 16 so he did win a natty

16 was last year. Lost to Clemson. Kirby was DC 2 years ago when they beat Clemson.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2017, 10:40 PM
The one thing we can?t do is lose our qb pipeline. It?s imperative that whoever we hire can find and develop qbs.

BuckyIsAB****
11-26-2017, 10:41 PM

He's been the OC for some good offenses so that would be a big time hire

msstate7
11-26-2017, 10:42 PM

Sterlin Gilbert? Maybe i just don?t know stephen

BB30
11-26-2017, 10:42 PM
Nm

True.... don?t know what I was thinking. I?m all for it if he brings the right offensive personnel in. I would be more comfortable with a coach that had some hc experience for the sole fact that we will have our best team in several years and new head coaches tend to take a tad bit more to adjust to being a hc. But there aren?t any proven hc out there that would consider state. Will be interesting To see how things work out.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2017, 10:44 PM

Yeah I think it?s Sterlin too never heard of Stephen

dawgday166
11-26-2017, 10:45 PM

Charlie Strong's OC. I had to hunt for him. ETA: It is Sterlin although I found him googling Stephen +football coach I think.

Ari Gold
11-26-2017, 10:46 PM

See that wasn't hard.. you want a guy that is / was a HC. No problem with that

Ifyouonlyknew
11-26-2017, 10:49 PM
If it's Pruitt keep an eye on Will Friend as the OC. Currently the OC at Colorado State. They worked together at UGA & he put a top 30 offense last year & has a top 10 offense this year.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2017, 10:50 PM
If it's Pruitt keep an eye on Will Friend as the OC. Currently the OC at Colorado State. They worked together at UGA & he put a top 30 offense last year & has a top 10 offense this year.

Spread I?m assuming? Can he develop qbs? Thanks for your info, Dan thought you were packing?

msstate7
11-26-2017, 10:50 PM

Will is from our town too, so you know he for real haha

Irondawg
11-26-2017, 10:52 PM
There are obviously some yellow flags with Pruitt:

1) He's never been a HC
2) His most recent stops have been at places that have Top 5 talent. What's if he's Chavis 2.0.? Guy was lights out at LSU with tons of NFL talent and pretty terrible at A&M with better than average talent. This year he had some injuries that left him with "good" talent and they fell off a fair amount.
3) Tied to #2 - can he recruit to a spot that doesn't have instant brand recognition as a Top 5 place that is a NFL factory
4) Who does he bring in an as OC and what real offensive philosophy does he have?

My biggest concern is what kind of coach is he when he doesn't have a talent advantage at almost every position 90% of the time?

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-26-2017, 10:53 PM

He wouldn't hire Gilbert. He'd get the ole gang back together and hire Rush Propst to run his offense***

BuckyIsAB****
11-26-2017, 10:54 PM
There are obviously some yellow flags with Pruitt:

1) He's never been a HC
2) His most recent stops have been at places that have Top 5 talent. What's if he's Chavis 2.0.? Guy was lights out at LSU with tons of NFL talent and pretty terrible at A&M with better than average talent. This year he had some injuries that left him with "good" talent and they fell off a fair amount.
3) Tied to #2 - can he recruit to a spot that doesn't have instant brand recognition as a Top 5 place that is a NFL factory
4) Who does he bring in an as OC and what real offensive philosophy does he have?

My biggest concern is what kind of coach is he when he doesn't have a talent advantage at almost every position 90% of the time?

No coach is going to be good when he only as a talent advantage 10 percent of the time

Dawgfan77
11-26-2017, 10:57 PM
Maybe as co OC and ol coach.

Irondawg
11-26-2017, 11:07 PM
The point I'm making is good coaches know how to hide flaws. If you have a team that wins every matchup most of the time you can be more basic in your defense b/c your players are going to make plays. Take our guys this year. Sirmon and Thompson run basically the same base D but Thompson tried to coach around the weakness of the secondary as best he could by blitzing much more often and it worked more than it didn't. Much better than Sirmon's attempts.

We're not gong to turn into a top 5 recruiter so we need a good talent evaluator who also knows how to hide problems areas as best they can. Not everybody can do that.

Dawg61
11-26-2017, 11:10 PM
Ok I'm good with Pruitt. Sounds like a great hire. Make it happen Cohen.

Irondawg
11-27-2017, 12:53 AM
Friend looks more like Bobo's Hevesy since he's on OL coach. Who actually calls the plays there Bobo or Friend?

HoopsDawg
11-27-2017, 01:08 AM
Seems like a lot of smoke on Pruitt. I'm very disappointed

Lloyd Christmas
11-27-2017, 01:09 AM

All things considered I would be ok with it. C'mon man..look how many jobs are open right now. It's kinda chaos out there.

Leroy Jenkins
11-27-2017, 01:21 AM
I’m Ok with Pruitt if the OC hire is amazing. Otherwise, blah.

Dawgfan77
11-27-2017, 09:45 AM
I’m Ok with Pruitt if the OC hire is amazing. Otherwise, blah.
Food for thought

Here is an article that might interest you https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/75214044
And another
https://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/uga-football-in-shambles-reports-say-dc-jeremy-pruitt-is-gone-got-in-physical-altercation-on-his-way-out/
How about recruiting
https://247sports.com/Coach/Jeremy-Pruitt-267
No to Pruitt

Ari Gold
11-27-2017, 09:47 AM
Pruitt with Lindsey is a ****ing homerun..
Pruitt with Napier is a homerun.

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2017, 09:47 AM
[QUOTE=HoopsDawg;846923]Seems like a lot of smoke on Pruitt. I'm very disappointed
It's clear that we could hire Belichick & some fans won't be happy with this hire.

It ain't gonna please everyone.

I prefer an offensive guy for continuity purposes as I believe it's easier to replace defensive guys

Lloyd Christmas
11-27-2017, 09:50 AM
[QUOTE=HoopsDawg;846923]Seems like a lot of smoke on Pruitt. I'm very disappointed
It's clear that we could hire Belichick & some fans won't be happy with this hire.

It ain't gonna please everyone.

I prefer an offensive guy for continuity purposes as I believe it's easier to replace defensive guys

Yea no kidding, as far as I can tell there's not a single coach we could feasibly hire that everyone would be ok with. Pruitt would be a good hire and hit the ground running.

GreenheadDawg
11-27-2017, 10:17 AM

Who would you suggest?

Johnson85
11-27-2017, 10:35 AM
Could Mullen recruit ?

I think the best argument is he hasn't done it at a school without a big time advantage in recruiting (and therefore talent). Mullen had worked at Utah and Bowling Green.

I don't know enough to really have an opinion on Pruitt, but I would prefer someone with success as a HC at a smaller school, preferably one that doesn't have built in advantages compared to others in the conference.

It's a crap shoot regardless, but I am a little concerned a guy that has spent his recent time at UGA, FSU, and Bama might find out recruiting for MSU is a little different.

Turfdawg67
11-27-2017, 10:37 AM
Food for thought

Here is an article that might interest you https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/75214044
And another
https://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/uga-football-in-shambles-reports-say-dc-jeremy-pruitt-is-gone-got-in-physical-altercation-on-his-way-out/
How about recruiting
https://247sports.com/Coach/Jeremy-Pruitt-267
No to Pruitt

Were these supposed to make us weary of Pruitt? If so, if went completely the opposite direction for me! He’s intense and wants to win! He’ll be the type of coach that’ll slam OM every chance he gets, he’s a hell of a DC, loves to recruit, has ties to HS in the southeast and knows lots of up and coming coaches that’ll be just as eager! I’m in!!

Johnson85
11-27-2017, 11:05 AM
Pruitt with Lindsey is a ****ing homerun..
Pruitt with Napier is a homerun.

Is Lindsey unhappy at Auburn? Or is he just wanting to get out of Malzahn's shadow? Why does his name keep coming up as a possible OC?

mparkerfd20
11-27-2017, 11:11 AM
I was for Pruitt until I learned Jimmy Sexton is his Agent. **** Jimmy Sexton.

bostondawg
11-27-2017, 11:40 AM
Yeah why do people think we could get Chip Lindsey as OC?

Ari Gold
11-27-2017, 11:40 AM
I was for Pruitt until I learned Jimmy Sexton is his Agent. **** Jimmy Sexton.

Sexton . "Dan I can probably get almost 6 million a year at Miss. State.. Am I the ****ing best agent or what."
Danny. " **** that get me out of here"

Yeah Sexton was the problem.

MzTerry
11-27-2017, 11:42 AM
Yeah why do people think we could get Chip Lindsey as OC?

He and Pruitt are boys.

redstickdawg
11-27-2017, 11:46 AM
we need stability on the offensive side and this would be not a good fit. We have historically lacked QB development and any good OC would bolt at the next opportunity. Pruitt is good on defense with bama talent and would be a failure on the offensive side. that was what made merlins good for us, he developed QB's and this option goes out the window with aDC hire.