PDA

View Full Version : You guys have to get over the this doom and gloom

Coach34
11-26-2017, 07:42 PM
This isn't like the basketball hire after Stands where we had rampant drug use and nationally known problems. We arent in need of a culture change. We are a nationally ranked program where coaches see that we will have 18 starters or so returning next season.

We pay top 20 salary nationally.
We have only had 3 coaches in the last 27 years- a stable program
Sherrill and Mullen made it to 14 bowl games in 22 combined seasons- and Jackie got screwed out of one in 1997.
We are viewed as a stable program with good leadership
You know damn well candidates realize OM is getting sanctions

2 of our 3 coaches were winners at State. The 3rd was hired by LT under an NCAA cloud after 3 straight losing seasons.

It's an exciting time for us right now. Stop fearing the unknown and embrace it. I expect another younger, high energy hire like we made with Cann

Commercecomet24
11-26-2017, 07:44 PM
Cohen will hire a winner. I have no doubt. And i liked Dan but if he doesn?t wanna be here he can take his a** down the road. Good riddance.

DownwardDawg
I'm pretty damn excited!!! My wife is the happiest State fan alive right now. She hated her some Dan Mullen!!!!

cheewgumm
Amen...I'm fired up!!!

Mike Leach come on down!!!!

shoeless joe
11-26-2017, 07:45 PM
Agree to an extent here.

One thing I hope doesn't change is the current culture. Mullen held his guys accountable on and off the field. Even tho numerous dumbass fans never could grasp that fact, it gave our teams a positive family culture. Now he undid a lot of that good leadership with how he left but the pieces are in place to continue on.

And the most important piece is the guy in the AD position. Cohen will get the job done.

msbulldog
11-26-2017, 07:45 PM
Thanks 34!

BuckyIsAB****
11-26-2017, 07:46 PM
Anybody but Mike Leach. For the love of God no

BrunswickDawg
11-26-2017, 07:47 PM
My only misgiving about all of this is that we have all of what you say - which adds up to a team that is on the verge of making noise. While it is attractive, it?s also a gamble that someone can come in and work well with what we have and make it excel. Getting only 8 wins out of next year?s team would be a travisty.

FWIW - Mullen is not worth the reported $7m he is getting. I?ve already told my UGA friends to enjoy dominating the Cocktail Party for the next 3-4 years - Kirby owns that ass!

lefty96
11-26-2017, 07:48 PM
I’m not worried. **** Mullen and Stricklin. Twice. No three times.

DogsofAnarchy
11-26-2017, 07:49 PM
I agree 100% C34!! Let’s move quickly and move on!! We may actually hire a Coach that has a plan inside the 20 yard line!!

msbulldog
11-26-2017, 07:52 PM
Well so much for the Slive Rule. How many of our people has Florida hired away McMahan, Collins, a top 10 tennis coach etc.

Gutter Cobreh
11-26-2017, 07:53 PM
Some are still going through the 5 stages of grief. We'll come out of this better in the end, but the shock of him going to UF is still fresh.

AlSwearengen
11-26-2017, 07:54 PM
Mullen was a good coach but he had more to work with than any previous coach we have had. LT wasn’t worried about winning, just balancing the checkbook. Byrne was a godsend. I hated loafers from day one. I have been a Cohen fan since he played a whole season with a broken hand years ago. Guys like that succeed. We now have the facilities and leadership to attract another good coach.

NCDawg
11-26-2017, 07:56 PM
I'm pretty damn excited!!! My wife is the happiest State fan alive right now. She hated her some Dan Mullen!!!!

I didn't particularly care for the Yankee either, as one poster said of me not too long ago. But I will give him credit, he did take us to no.1 ranking in 2014 before we flaked out. I'm sure Alabama hates to see him leave us.

dawgday166
11-26-2017, 08:01 PM
My only misgiving about all of this is that we have all of what you say - which adds up to a team that is on the verge of making noise. While it is attractive, it?s also a gamble that someone can come in and work well with what we have and make it excel. Getting only 8 wins out of next year?s team would be a travisty.

FWIW - Mullen is not worth the reported $7m he is getting. I?ve already told my UGA friends to enjoy dominating the Cocktail Party for the next 3-4 years - Kirby owns that ass!

We would have only got 9 - 10 at best with Mullen. Bama definite loss. At least 1 to 2 more between LSU, Aub, OM (he's lost every time with 8 wins going into that game ... and they were either down or injury plagued), K State. Dan can f*** up quit often as the favorite in a game.

dawgday166
11-26-2017, 08:03 PM
I didn't particularly care for the Yankee either, as one poster said of me not too long ago. But I will giver him credit, he did take us to no.1 ranking in 2014 before we flaked out. I'm sure Alabama hates to see him leave us.

You got that right. Saban didn't own anyone in SEC more than he owned Dan. Total destruction 7 out of 9 years. Now we might actually hire someone that will put up a little bit of a fight at least most every year.

RocketDawg
11-26-2017, 08:09 PM
It's not a matter about being pessimistic about the future. It's a matter a guy that you supported and believed for 9 years lying to you and the school. He's a total jerk. If he'd admitted earlier that he was open to leaving that would be different. I view him as a Tubberville II.

RocketDawg
11-26-2017, 08:13 PM
I didn't particularly care for the Yankee either, as one poster said of me not too long ago. But I will give him credit, he did take us to no.1 ranking in 2014 before we flaked out. I'm sure Alabama hates to see him leave us.

I don't care if he's a yankee or what he is. It's not just "yankees" that do things like he did. Tubberville wasn't a "yankee".

Yeah, he took us to #1 a few years ago. But he also lost 4 of the last 5 (and we didn't even show up in those games) and we wound up not ranked as all, as I recall. And this year we got demolished by Georgia and Auburn.

TrapGame
11-26-2017, 08:14 PM
We got a competent coach with a clue after eight years of horrible, abysmal football and people treated him like he's Jesus Christ in maroon. Dan had a lot of faults we just overlooked. He's not that special. We just happened to wake the 17 up with Byrne running the show (oh yeah, screw you too Templeton!).

I'm interested to see who we get as a coach and if the team comes together over this. I tend to think some Dan Mullen hatred may fuel this team next season.

turkish
11-26-2017, 08:17 PM
I'd say it's even money whether UOM makes a better hire than us.

QuadrupleOption
11-26-2017, 08:17 PM
Not scared, just pissed. Quite frankly I'm tired of those assholes at Florida poaching our ****ing coaches whenever they feel like it. It's bullshit and just shows how pathetic they truly are. I hope Stricklin gets dick AIDS. I hope Mullen flames out so hard he looks in the mirror every day for the next 30 years wishing he'd stayed.

Bitter? Yeah. Petty? Absolutely. **** those guys.

BulldogBear
11-26-2017, 08:20 PM
I'm sure Cohen will hire a winner. I just want to make sure we focus on having a good defense. Dan got away from that and it had a lot to do with why he couldn't take us to the next level. After that we need to make sure we do not change offensive philosophy much. Unless you are one of the few schools that can afford to just have their QB stand behind a castle wall, then in this league, you must have an offense built around a mobile QB. In other words, unless you're a blue blood, then if your offense is not based on a mobile QB...then you don't have an offense.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2017, 08:21 PM
It's not a matter about being pessimistic about the future. It's a matter a guy that you supported and believed for 9 years lying to you and the school. He's a total jerk. If he'd admitted earlier that he was open to leaving that would be different. I view him as a Tubberville II.

Yep I started calling him Dan Tuberville

ElitedawgRecruiting
Absolutely. I just have one request for Cohen. Whether it’s football or Frisbie Golf, don’t let that piece of shit Stricklin back on our campus

I seen it dawg
Think everybody knows how i feel...I’m beyond pumped

Commercecomet24
11-26-2017, 08:22 PM
Not scared, just pissed. Quite frankly I'm tired of those assholes at Florida poaching our ****ing coaches whenever they feel like it. It's bullshit and just shows how pathetic they truly are. I hope Stricklin gets dick AIDS. I hope Mullen flames out so hard he looks in the mirror every day for the next 30 years wishing he'd stayed.

Bitter? Yeah. Petty? Absolutely. **** those guys.

+1000

Dawgfan77
11-26-2017, 08:30 PM
Think everybody knows how i feel...I’m beyond pumped
Who are your choices?

BHildreth3
11-26-2017, 08:42 PM
I am embracing the fact that we will finally start getting better WRs. Surely the next coach will be able to land some solid guys. And I hope we steal away the WR coach at Ole Miss - he's a solid recruiter from MS, Peeler.

Dawg61
11-26-2017, 08:42 PM
As long as we make a good hire I am not bummed. We pull a Ben Howland I am thrilled. We pull a Rick Ray I am not happy. Our next move will determine my mood.

Coach34
11-26-2017, 08:44 PM
2 of our last 3 coaching hires have been the best in school history

maroonmania
11-26-2017, 08:46 PM
Well so much for the Slive Rule. How many of our people has Florida hired away McMahan, Collins, a top 10 tennis coach etc.

Yea, should we put up a "Cannizaro to Florida" countdown clock?***

cheewgumm
11-26-2017, 08:47 PM
Who would take Kiffin?

I definitely would

maroonmania
11-26-2017, 08:49 PM
I'm sure Cohen will hire a winner. I just want to make sure we focus on having a good defense. Dan got away from that and it had a lot to do with why he couldn't take us to the next level. After that we need to make sure we do not change offensive philosophy much. Unless you are one of the few schools that can afford to just have their QB stand behind a castle wall, then in this league, you must have an offense built around a mobile QB. In other words, unless you're a blue blood, then if your offense is not based on a mobile QB...then you don't have an offense.

True, but the thing that kept us from being at the next level this year was NO playmakers to stress the defense at WR. Got to have that these days because you aren't just going to run over the elite defenses out there.

RocketDawg
11-26-2017, 08:49 PM
2 of our last 3 coaching hires have been the best in school history

Those would be Howland, Schaeffer, and Cannizzaro? Who is the bad one there?

Jack Lambert
11-26-2017, 08:52 PM
Who would take Kiffin?

I definitely would

When you look what he turned around down in Florida I could live with him. I just worry he would only be here one or two years and then be gone to Blondes with big boob country. Who ever comes here will have enough talent to have two outstanding seasons.

Charlie_Sheen420
11-26-2017, 08:55 PM

I think he meant in football

Coach34
11-26-2017, 09:16 PM

I was talking Sherrill and Mullen- but you make a really good point with that group also

shoeless joe
11-26-2017, 09:41 PM
I was talking Sherrill and Mullen- but you make a really good point with that group also

Take the whole athletic department into account...cann, Schaefer, howlamd, AND cohen to AD. he's the #1 reason I have some optimism.

Coach34
11-26-2017, 09:48 PM
yep

lefty96
11-26-2017, 09:56 PM

I hope you didn?t put rent money up on those odds.

Lance Harbor
11-26-2017, 10:09 PM
Yep, it's like MSU is a feeder program for UF. Odd they usually have more success at MSU.

I seen it dawg
11-26-2017, 10:12 PM
Who are your choices?

In Cohen i trust

preachermatt83
11-26-2017, 10:26 PM
Amen...I'm fired up!!!

Mike Leach come on down!!!!

This all day!!!!

Percho
11-26-2017, 10:51 PM

They hired Luke.

Mutt the Hoople
11-26-2017, 11:12 PM
This isn't like the basketball hire after Stands where we had rampant drug use and nationally known problems. We arent in need of a culture change. We are a nationally ranked program where coaches see that we will have 18 starters or so returning next season.

We pay top 20 salary nationally.
We have only had 3 coaches in the last 27 years- a stable program
Sherrill and Mullen made it to 14 bowl games in 22 combined seasons- and Jackie got screwed out of one in 1997.
We are viewed as a stable program with good leadership
You know damn well candidates realize OM is getting sanctions

2 of our 3 coaches were winners at State. The 3rd was hired by LT under an NCAA cloud after 3 straight losing seasons.

It's an exciting time for us right now. Stop fearing the unknown and embrace it. I expect another younger, high energy hire like we made with Cann

No