PDA

View Full Version : This could be a good thing for MSU...

fishwater99
11-26-2017, 07:29 PM
Dan has been trying to leave since Bama loss in 2014. He hasn't been the same coach. He got lazy and didn't want to recruit.
He couldn't ever beat Bama or win Big games on the road. Lost last 3 out of 4 vs TSUN.
Dan had maxed out at MSU, he couldn't take us any further than we have already been.
He won't last 5 years at UF unless he wins the SEC.

We have a great team coming back next year and a great fan base to support the new coach.
Ou AD, JC will find us a great hire, have faith. Look what he did in Baseball and Basketball.
A real concern is the 18 and 19 recruiting classes and how we hold it together.

The future is bright in SVegas.

#HailState

War Machine Dawg
11-26-2017, 07:32 PM
Dan has been trying to leave since Bama loss in 2014. He hasn't been the same coach. He got lazy and didn't want to recruit.
He couldn't ever beat Bama or win Big games on the road. Lost last 3 out of 4 vs TSUN.
Dan had maxed out at MSU, he couldn't take us any further than we have already been.
He won't last 5 years at UF unless he wins 11 and a Natty.

We have a great team coming back next year and a great fan base to support the new coach.
Ou AD, JC will find us a great hire, have faith. Look what he did in Baseball and Basketball.
A real concern is the 18 and 19 recruiting classes and how we hold it together.

The future is bright in SVegas.

#HailState

FIFY

BorneDawg
11-26-2017, 08:08 PM
So a new coach(if we can get who we want) with a new system(players will have to learn) and losing a top 15-20 recruiting class may be a good thing(we will lose several) ?

I_Spy
11-26-2017, 08:17 PM
My only problem with Dan was this, in big games, where every possession counts like the OM game and past Bama games or any big game, on 3rd and whatever it is he runs the ball to the side or 5 yards behind line of scrimmage and of course we lose 2 and punt. His passing plays on 3rd if converted were great. He did the same with Holloway before they finally switched backs but not for that, Dan was great.

I_Spy
11-26-2017, 08:18 PM
So we fail to score essentially is why I believe we never won big games.

RocketDawg
11-26-2017, 08:26 PM
Have to chuckle at your subject line. Sounds like something a Bear would and has said. :)

JustTookAnOleMiss
11-26-2017, 08:27 PM
So a new coach(if we can get who we want) with a new system(players will have to learn) and losing a top 15-20 recruiting class may be a good thing(we will lose several) ?

What would stop us from getting who we want? We’ve got the vacancy, talent, fan base, elite university, our in-state rivals area dead in the water, and we have the money to attract anyone.

RocketDawg
11-26-2017, 08:27 PM
So we fail to score essentially is why I believe we never won big games.

No, I don't think that's it .... **

Jack Lambert
11-26-2017, 08:30 PM
Why do I feel like I've been kicked in the balls? 1 Fitz get hurt. 2.Lose the Egg Bowl to cheaters 3.Mullen does am Tommy Tumberville on us.
I a glad some of you feel real good.

By the way will we have coaches for the bowl game?

redstickdawg
11-26-2017, 08:32 PM
What would stop us from getting who we want? We’ve got the vacancy, talent, fan base, elite university, our in-state rivals area dead in the water, and we have the money to attract anyone.

Several other higher level vacancies right now, we are 3rd tier in the pecking order. What makes anyone think that we will be able to attract anyone that another SEC program wants? Or another P5 program? We obviously can't win in a bidding war with fla or others.

RocketDawg
11-26-2017, 08:37 PM
Why do I feel like I've been kicked in the balls? 1 Fitz get hurt. 2.Lose the Egg Bowl to cheaters 3.Mullen does am Tommy Tumberville on us.
I a glad some of you feel real good.

By the way will we have coaches for the bowl game?

I don't know, but we have to face the real possibility that we'll lose the bowl game, much like we lost to Ga Tech in the Orange Bowl when we'd just lost our DC and didn't have one. And Dan didn't seem to care at that time.

BorneDawg
11-26-2017, 08:41 PM

Idk maybe the fact that about 10-15 other schools are looking also..... And several who have all that and more money

BB30
11-26-2017, 08:51 PM
Money will not be the issue... we can literally pay 10 mill a year if we want too.the issue is the perceived ability or lack there of to win championships here. Mullen didn’t leave because we were outbid. He left because he thinks he has a better shot at winning a championship.

Outside of a and m and Tennessee I think we are next in line and I don’t think we will necessarily look at the same guys they do anyway.

I personally don’t think schiano would be a good fit here.