PDA

View Full Version : I think everyone knows I was a huge Mullen guy

msstate7
11-26-2017, 05:41 PM
But maybe this won?t be such a bad thing. Mullen is leaving us a good team, so hopefully attracting a good coach will be possible. Attendance seemed to tailing off some this year even though we had a good year. Hopefully new blood will rejuvenate our fanbase.

IMissJack
11-26-2017, 05:47 PM
But maybe this won?t be such a bad thing. Mullen is leaving us a good team, so hopefully attracting a good coach will be possible. Attendance seemed to tailing off some this year even though we had a good year. Hopefully new blood will rejuvenate our fanbase.

The only problem I ever had with Mullen was the job hunting the week of Egg Bowl. It hurt us on more than one occasion.

bluelightstar
11-26-2017, 05:49 PM
especially if the reporting is true that UF reached out on Wednesday

maroonmania
11-26-2017, 05:49 PM
IMO doesn't really matter if its good or bad because it was going to happen. Mullen was working too hard to keep his name in all of these coaching searches for it not to happen. Mullen apparently at some point decided he had spent enough time at MSU and was ready to move on so we might as well let him go and not look back. I was sort of hoping he would be one of those unusual guys that would build a program and be a "lifer" but Mullen really has too much ego and arrogance to be satisfied with MSU for the duration. Mullen did a lot of good things but he still was just really a 6-8 win coach. Surely we can find a coach out there, given all of the upgrades to the MSU program, that can come in and at least equal that given the talent we have and the dumpster fire that the OM program is about to become.

BuckyIsAB****
11-26-2017, 05:50 PM
Im excited. This is exactly what we need to prove to the fans that think we won bc of Mullen and that we dont deserve no better than living with the shoes bc we are MSU. Damn that. Mullen better have his new toy ready to go when he comes in here next year

Sacrifice
I?ve said this before but somebody is gonna be stepping into a very good situation with the team we have coming back. He left us in better shape than he found us.

maroonmania
The only problem I ever had with Mullen was the job hunting the week of Egg Bowl. It hurt us on more than one occasion.

Yep, probably one of the reasons we played so well in last year's Egg Bowl. Nobody was interested in a 4-7 coach as things led up to the Egg Bowl.

DownwardDawg
11-26-2017, 05:52 PM
Im excited. This is exactly what we need to prove to the fans that think we won bc of Mullen and that we dont deserve no better than living with the shoes bc we are MSU. Damn that. Mullen better have his new toy ready to go when he comes in here next year

I agree with this 100%! Time for an upgrade!!

BrunswickDawg
11-26-2017, 05:58 PM
Mixed feelings. I know we are in probably the best position we?ve ever been in going into a hire. But, I?m pissed because I think next year was going to be special. It just adds to my pissiness I?ve had since Thursday.

Dawgology
11-26-2017, 06:01 PM
Mixed feelings. I know we are in probably the best position we?ve ever been in going into a hire. But, I?m pissed because I think next year was going to be special. It just adds to my pissiness I?ve had since Thursday.

That’s where I am. We had a shot at a very good recruiting class and a 10 win season that even Mullen couldn’t jackass up. All of that is in flux now.

Political Hack
11-26-2017, 06:01 PM
14-11 the last two seasons with a 4th place finish in the west and a loss to Matt freaking Luke.

If I were paying the bills, I wouldn’t have paid him more than Florida either. He’s not worth $8 million. Sorry.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2017, 06:02 PM

I?m in the exact same place.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2017, 06:04 PM
14-11 the last two seasons with a 4th place finish in the west and a loss to Matt freaking Luke.

If I were paying the bills, I wouldn’t have paid him more than Florida either. He’s not worth $8 million. Sorry.

Yep he ain?t worth 8 million. Sorry. And I liked Dan

RocketDawg
11-26-2017, 06:06 PM

Is Florida paying him $8M or was just a random number you threw out? I wouldn't pay him that either, and they're crazy if they do.

MarketingBully
11-26-2017, 06:07 PM
He was an above average coach and shitty recruiter for the most part. I would love for us to go after Bill Clark, pay him $3.5 million and let him get to work. He’d hit the ground running where Mullen left off and take us to heights Mullen couldn’t.

PMDawg
11-26-2017, 06:08 PM
If there is any humor in this at all, at least he gets to fire Geoff Collins. That will be a funny conversation.

But still, I hope he gets fired within 3 years at Florida. Sour grapes? Yep. Don't care.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2017, 06:09 PM
If there is any humor in this at all, at least he gets to fire Geoff Collins. That will be a funny conversation.

But still, I hope he gets fired within 3 years at Florida. Sour grapes? Yep. Don't care.

Geoff Collins is the head coach at temple.

QuadrupleOption
11-26-2017, 06:11 PM
I was a Mullen supporter because I thought he was building our program up. I hope we hire a good coach that can keep our momentum as a program headed in the right direction.

As for now - **** Dan Mullen and super-**** Scott Stricklin.

Mullen's ass will be gone in 4 years from Florida - he won't be beating Georgia with that team any time soon and FSU will be back next season. Good luck there, dumbass. Hope you land on your feet after they fire you for not winning enough. Shit. You had a chance to be a LEGEND at MSU. **** you.

As for Stricklin - don't give me that "it's just business" bullshit. He ****ed us, and he's ONE OF US. God, that makes me so angry. If I ever run into that piece of shit in Mississippi he's getting a rant. ****ing traitor.

Pollodawg
11-26-2017, 06:12 PM

Preach.

Political Hack
11-26-2017, 06:13 PM
I was a Mullen supporter because I thought he was building our program up. I hope we hire a good coach that can keep our momentum as a program headed in the right direction.

Mullen's ass will be gone in 4 years from Florida - he won't be beating Georgia with that team any time soon and FSU will be back next season. Good luck there, dumbass. Hope you land on your feet after they fire you for not winning enough. Shit. You had a chance to be a LEGEND at MSU. **** you.

As for Stricklin - don't give me that "it's just business" bullshit. He ****ed us, and he's ONE OF US. God, that makes me so angry. If I ever run into that piece of shit in Mississippi he's getting a rant. ****ing traitor.

This is probably my favorite post of yours ever and I like your posts.

Political Hack
11-26-2017, 06:14 PM
Is Florida paying him $8M or was just a random number you threw out? I wouldn't pay him that either, and they're crazy if they do.

That’s what I was told “over $8 million”. It’s not confirmed though.

RocketDawg
11-26-2017, 06:14 PM

No, Collins is already gone. He just finished his first year at Temple.

RocketDawg
11-26-2017, 06:16 PM

Yeah, I agree with that. You didn't mention he lied to us, the players, and the students. There's no excuse for that. If he'd said, yeah, I might leave, then I could respect him and his decision. But now? No, not at all.

PMDawg
11-26-2017, 06:41 PM
Well damn. Oops.

Goldendawg
11-26-2017, 06:43 PM
We lost 4 of the last 6 to UNM. Freeze beat him 3 times and now Luke. I still say 9 to 10 victories a season is extra tough if we don't beat them. I think all his job searches at the end of virtually every season constantly hurt us. At least he won't have to play bama every year.* Except for Ga., the SEC "Least" is a much easier gig to win a "championship" for the next few years. Time for MSU real family to join together and move ahead for the best of the MSU we love. Hail State!