PDA

View Full Version : Same old Ole Miss, back to regular scheduled programming

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2013, 07:26 PM
They suck

hacker
09-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Not sure what you're watching. Your outtake from this is that they suck?

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2013, 08:10 PM
Yes, they are just an average SEC team. This Alabama team reminds me of the one two years ago when McCarron was just a sophomore and they had trouble scoring points.

What exactly have they done, in your opinion, to think that they are good? Beat 3 bad teams?

hacker
09-28-2013, 08:12 PM
Aside from the big touchdown run, this is a pretty close game. They're playing in Tuscaloosa at night. This reminds me of the LSU-Alabama game last year.

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2013, 08:13 PM
Aside from the big touchdown run, this is a pretty close game. They're playing in Tuscaloosa at night. This reminds me of the LSU-Alabama game last year.

Your shitting me right?

Last year LSU had 435 yards vs Alabama. OM has just broken 200

chainedup_Dawg
09-28-2013, 08:21 PM
In the biggest game of their lives, not AL's

Coach34
09-28-2013, 08:23 PM
and they had 2 weeks to get ready

hacker
09-28-2013, 08:26 PM
I'm just saying I don't think you can say Ole Miss sucks because of their performance in this game. Their D performed well. They moved the ball almost as well as Alabama. Unless you're saying that all teams that lose to Alabama suck, which is just ridiculous.

MarketingBully01
09-28-2013, 08:28 PM
LSU-Alabama? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard in the history of message board talk. Seriously. Ole Miss will be lucky to win 6-7 games this year. They are okay but they are not great. They also caught AJ on a bad night managing the game. I know he was efficient but was not sharp at all.

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm just saying I don't think you can say Ole Miss sucks because of their performance in this game. Their D performed well. They moved the ball almost as well as Alabama. Unless you're saying that all teams that lose to Alabama suck, which is just ridiculous.

No you said this game reminded you of the LSU Bama game last year

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm not sure Bama has broken a sweat in this game

hacker
09-28-2013, 08:30 PM
Your shitting me right?

Last year LSU had 435 yards vs Alabama. OM has just broken 200

I was talking about the championship game in 2012.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=320090099

CadaverDawg
09-28-2013, 08:31 PM

Our fans are trying real hard to make is seem worse than it is. Truth is, you are right that this doesn't show that ole miss sucks....quite the opposite actually. BUT, I disagree that it is reminiscent of LSU/Bama. As close as the score is, this game has really never been in jeopardy.

hacker
09-28-2013, 08:32 PM
I got my games mixed up. A year and a half ago in the championship game. Not the regular season game last year.

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2013, 08:34 PM
Pretty close game we have here

MarketingBully01
09-28-2013, 08:39 PM
And we have other fans saying it's better then it is. Hey we lost 24-7 to Bama against them in 2011 and finished 7-6. That game was 17-7 and very close as well. Alabama wins this way. Oh and btw, the game is 25-0 now.

Dawgfan77
09-28-2013, 08:39 PM
Bama is trying to run up the score but there OL Sux. OM defensive front is active but a Decent OL would give them trouble. OM is not a great team like ESPN wanted them to be wallce is aweful and Fezzus made some Stupid i mean STUPiD decision by not kicking field goals. The question is with all the attention they have gotten aNd the mental toll will this game cost them next week as well.

blacklistedbully
09-28-2013, 09:37 PM

Have you bothered to look at the stats? Total yards 435 to 208. First downs 21 to 11. Ole Miss did not move the ball almost as well as Bama. They kept it close early, but as others have pointed out, sometimes that's how Bama rolls. They grind you down and take over in the 4th Q.

That said, OM defense did play much better than I expected the first 3 Q's.

Bear@Work
09-28-2013, 09:42 PM
The Bear boards are saying they had some staff member that quit and transferred to Alabama during the offseason. They say that he had binoculars up in the booth tonight (which I remember them showing on TV and I thought it was odd) and was reading the Bear playcalls and signaling it down to the defense. This was the reason the Bear offense couldn't move the ball since they were adjusting to the plays that they knew they would run. As we all know about Wallace, on passing plays he always stares down his receives and doesn't do any sort of checkdown.

CadaverDawg
09-28-2013, 09:45 PM
The Bear boards are saying they had some staff member that quit and transferred to Alabama during the offseason. They say that he had binoculars up in the booth tonight (which I remember them showing on TV and I thought it was odd) and was reading the Bear playcalls and signaling it down to the defense. This was the reason the Bear offense couldn't move the ball since they were adjusting to the plays that they knew they would run. As we all know about Wallace, on passing plays he always stares down his receives and doesn't do any sort of checkdown.

Haha, what a crock. I'm sure he could read the play AND signal it in to the players and have them adjust before ole miss snapped it with their "basketball on grass" offense. Rebel fan base at it's finest.

In other news though...I'm not shocked that you've been on the Rebel boards

MarketingBully01
09-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Nice, that is about as great as our headset gate at Auburn.

chainedup_Dawg
09-28-2013, 10:00 PM
While reading your post I had it positioned to where I couldn't see your username. Somehow, though, I knew it was you...wonder why...

Coach 57
09-29-2013, 07:34 AM
So let me get this straight. The bears are saying that a guy who used to be on the staff @ oxford is now with Bama and he us telling Bama coaches via binoculars & a Michelle what the plays are & where they are going to help Bama's defense? Uhhh, didn't the bears have a bye last week? Wouldn't you think that during said bye week they (being the bears) would've changed up this KNOWING that this could happen? Come on man, that's reaching HARD right there. And if they didn't change it up Freeze is an idiot and doesn't deserve to coach. This happens ALL the time. It happened to MSU. weeks ago when we played Auburn. We change the lingo & signals ANYWAY to prevent it from happening.

Jack Lambert
09-29-2013, 08:32 AM

And on a side note Alabama isn't a great team either. They are good but they are not what they were last year. Also did you see the back up QB and line? They are for sure average at best. Bama are in for a lean couple of years after this one. It would not surprise me to see Saban leave for Texas.

bocfarm
09-29-2013, 08:41 AM
It would not surprise me to see Saban leave for Texas.

crazy talk

Op4isabitch
09-29-2013, 08:43 AM
So let me get this straight. The bears are saying that a guy who used to be on the staff @ oxford is now with Bama and he us telling Bama coaches via binoculars & a Michelle what the plays are & where they are going to help Bama's defense? Uhhh, didn't the bears have a bye last week? Wouldn't you think that during said bye week they (being the bears) would've changed up this KNOWING that this could happen? Come on man, that's reaching HARD right there. And if they didn't change it up Freeze is an idiot and doesn't deserve to coach. This happens ALL the time. It happened to MSU. weeks ago when we played Auburn. We change the lingo & signals ANYWAY to prevent it from happening.

It's an excuse, they are full of them!
Even if it was true, which it isn't, there wouldn't be enough time to get the calls to adjust down to the players! The bears just fling shit at the wall and hope some of it sticks.

poposay
09-29-2013, 09:13 AM
Even if it was true, which it isn't

Youtube says otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kLbSl1ulPXI

MrKotter
09-29-2013, 09:32 AM
If Freeze is too stupid to change terminology and signals up for this game its all on him.

hells bells
09-29-2013, 09:59 AM
Youtube says otherwise.

If this is the fact then one good point has been mentioned. With two weeks to prep for the game why did Freeze not change the play calling? He obviously knew this guy was on staff at Alabama and this would be a very strong possibility. Makes me really question all the hype about Freeze's coaching zin master type abilities. If also true the comment he made about lining up Moncrief for a trick play to espn even more mind boggling. Maybe it is me but when you have very wealthy alumni who have a win at all cost mentality, $$$$$ and get some the best talent in the nation overnight when do they blame the coach for missing details.

ckDOG
09-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Youtube says otherwise.

That's horse shit. OM runs like 3-4 plays. The offense is tricky to defend bc Wallace has options based in what the defense gives him. Was this guy mind reading Wallace's decision making during the play and phoning it in to the defense? WEAK SAUCE.

hacker
09-29-2013, 10:24 AM
And on a side note Alabama isn't a great team either. They are good but they are not what they were last year. Also did you see the back up QB and line? They are for sure average at best. Bama are in for a lean couple of years after this one. It would not surprise me to see Saban leave for Texas.

Yeah, I saw it. I'm sure they'll get better by next year. But really, it's all about their D, which looked dominant last night. I hope you're right though.

CadaverDawg
09-29-2013, 10:25 AM
Youtube says otherwise.

It's amazing how you ole miss trolls can actually see what he's looking at through those binoculars. Gotta be stealing plays, no other explanation. Looks like Bucky is going to have to mix up his signals a little bit. This ain't high school girls bball anymore, tell your coach to get his shit together.

hacker
09-29-2013, 10:26 AM
Have you bothered to look at the stats? Total yards 435 to 208. First downs 21 to 11. Ole Miss did not move the ball almost as well as Bama. They kept it close early, but as others have pointed out, sometimes that's how Bama rolls. They grind you down and take over in the 4th Q.

That said, OM defense did play much better than I expected the first 3 Q's.

Yes, I looked at stats. When I posted this, Bama had 300 yards to OM's 200, and a couple more first downs than OM, and one more third down conversion than OM. I can't predict the future. I was speaking up to that point in the game.

hacker
09-29-2013, 10:30 AM
That's horse shit. OM runs like 3-4 plays. The offense is tricky to defend bc Wallace has options based in what the defense gives him. Was this guy mind reading Wallace's decision making during the play and phoning it in to the defense? WEAK SAUCE.

Exactly, they use a lot of packaged plays which can be 4 or 5 different options, similar to what Chip Kelly does.

More info here: http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/71569/packaged-plays-and-the-newest-form-of-option-football

Homedawg
09-29-2013, 10:33 AM
If Freeze is too stupid to change terminology and signals up for this game its all on him.

This. Good grief. There is coaching turnover every year. And if there isn't u better e changing your signals because someone is going to steal them.

BdoginLa
09-29-2013, 01:30 PM
This would have been a blessing if I was coaching. I would have loved for my ex-assistant trying to out guess me on the sidelines . There would have been so many set up and dummy plays on offense I would have made him look as stupid as you sound.

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-29-2013, 01:43 PM
Holy shit. It is a pass on 4th and 4. Who wouldve thought? Im sure he had time to radio that down then they signal the team and they change the defense...:.except they didnt