PDA

View Full Version : Bob Stoops? Available?

WSOPdawg
11-26-2017, 03:53 PM
If we were going to pay Mullen $5-6 million per year, would we not want to consider gauging Stoops' interest (ala, a Ben Howland)?

I can buy off on the route that goes Satterfield of Appy State for much less, but we are an SEC team on the rise with SEC network $'s behind us. Why do we have to fall back to an up-n-coming coach? Surely the big boy donors that pushed for Howland feel the same way about Mullen's replacement???

Thoughts???

Saltydog
11-26-2017, 03:56 PM
NT

Quaoarsking
11-26-2017, 03:57 PM
Theoretically he's available, but there has to be a reason he suddenly retired in June.

But yeah, I would absolutely put in a call to him if I were Cohen.

redstickdawg
11-26-2017, 03:57 PM
no

Statecoachingblows**
11-26-2017, 03:59 PM
I agree, if we could drop 5-6 for Mullen to stay, why can’t we do the same to entice someone to replace him. Just don’t settle for the easy cheaper hire is all I ask.

WSOPdawg
11-26-2017, 04:00 PM
Let me back-track -- for $5-6 million a season, is there a "Ben Howland" of football available (even though Howland has yet to produce wins on the court yet)? We should be moving past the point of being a developmental, stepping-stone type of program when it comes to head coaches.

Sacrifice
11-26-2017, 04:08 PM
F-it Let?s grow a pair and take a shot a PJ Fleck. I know he?s only been a Minnesota for one year but that guy will never win big there. I would defiantly make a call. Looks like he?s got a base salary of 1 mill a year 3.5 mill total. He?s buyout would be around 5 mill.

Statecoachingblows**
11-26-2017, 04:08 PM
Money talks and this isn’t taking over after Croom either. There should be a few guys “out of reach” but not near as many as some other programs. We didn’t fire our guy seconds after his last game ended, we didn’t fire our guy after a winning season, we were left for another program and give our next coach a hellacious team to work with.

Quaoarsking
11-26-2017, 04:14 PM
Let me back-track -- for $5-6 million a season, is there a "Ben Howland" of football available (even though Howland has yet to produce wins on the court yet)? We should be moving past the point of being a developmental, stepping-stone type of program when it comes to head coaches.

Yes, his name is Les Miles.

parabrave
11-26-2017, 04:18 PM

Yeah and KT will make a great TE next year.

WSOPdawg
11-26-2017, 04:22 PM

Nah, not anywhere close to wanting to board the Miles train. Gotta be another name with P5 success.