PDA

View Full Version : Dak on Dan's Departure

bluelightstar
11-26-2017, 03:50 PM
Jon Machota, who covers the Cowboys on Twitter, has this:

Dak Prescott on Florida hiring Dan Mullen: "I didn't think he'd go back to Florida, but, hey, money talks. It is what it is. Not surprising because I didn't expect him to stay at Mississippi State much longer."

Not entirely sure what Dak meant, but it sure makes me believe that the previous rumors about Mullen shopping himself (and desperately trying to get out of Starkville) every year are not just media-created hype.

BayouDawg
11-26-2017, 03:52 PM
Dan?s been pimping his name out every year. Dan is all about Dan. I hope he enjoys getting smashed by Kirby every year.

sleepy dawg
11-26-2017, 03:55 PM
Probably not, but if our next HC is successful, I would still expect similar talk. The media still views us a smaller program than we are so there will always be the perception that we are currently over-performing.

TrapGame
11-26-2017, 03:57 PM
Dan's arrogance kept him from being a "great" coach. His arrogance cost us some games, i.e. South Alabama. His arrogance hired Sirmon, who had no business wearing headphones and calling a defense. And his arrogance will keep him from being a great coach at Florida.

Cooterpoot
11-26-2017, 03:59 PM
I’m with Dak. The fact it’s FL is just what gets me. All the negative talk from Dan and his wife. He wanted out bad.

Dawgface
11-26-2017, 03:59 PM
Probably not, but if our next HC is successful, I would still expect similar talk. The media still views us a smaller program than we are so there will always be the perception that we are currently over-performing.

True.

TrapGame
11-26-2017, 04:05 PM
I’m with Dak. The fact it’s FL is just what gets me. All the negative talk from Dan and his wife. He wanted out bad.

Which leads me to believe the Maryland rumor. Maryland couldn't afford him. But he would have gone had the money been good enough.

Political Hack
11-26-2017, 04:05 PM

That’s some two faced shit. They basically lied for a decade.

HancockCountyDog
11-26-2017, 04:07 PM
That’s some two faced shit. They basically lied for a decade.

Per CDM its a lateral move.

maroonmania
11-26-2017, 04:09 PM
True.

Yes, if we have a successful coach to any degree there will always be speculation but it won't be anywhere the level of what we've dealt with the last 4 or 5 years if the coach doesn't want it to be that way. Mullen has wanted his name in the hat for every coaching job so that's how its been.

War Machine Dawg
11-26-2017, 04:09 PM
It was there for everyone to see. If Dan had wanted his name to stop floating, it would have stopped. Then he fired his original agent and hired Sexton after he missed moving in 2015. Didn't take a genius to figure out he hired Sexton to get his ass out of town and get him a big raise before going.

NCDawg
11-26-2017, 04:27 PM
Which leads me to believe the Maryland rumor. Maryland couldn't afford him. But he would have gone had the money been good enough.

I think he really wanted the Miami job also, but they hired Richt. In addition, they took our DC, Manny Diaz.

NCDawg
11-26-2017, 04:28 PM

I think he really wanted the Miami job also, but they hired Richt. In addition, they took our DC, Manny Diaz.

TrapGame
11-26-2017, 04:34 PM
Remember he supposedly interviewed for the Miami job his first year at State and the Miami AD thought he was an arrogant prick that thought he created football.

Let's face it, Dan's been trying to leave ever since he got here.

BB30
11-26-2017, 04:35 PM
I’m usually a pretty positive fan but being realistic this is really bad we will be on down the totem pole as far as picks goes. We will get to see if Cohen can cut it as ad. This will be the most important hire in MSU history. If we follow it up with another good coach we may can finally kill the negative perception of our program if we botch it we will have a hard time ever getting over the hump.

maroonmania
11-26-2017, 04:43 PM
Remember he supposedly interviewed for the Miami job his first year at State and the Miami AD thought he was an arrogant prick that thought he created football.

Let's face it, Dan's been trying to leave ever since he got here.

Exactly, that's why I'm not upset about this other than the fact I wish he had not left for another SEC job. This was an inevitability for Mullen because he feels like he's outgrown MSU even though the only real accomplishment of significance he has at MSU was the midseason #1 ranking. He's been a 6-8 win coach which was plenty good for us but he'll be fired at a place like Florida for that. In fact, Florida won't keep if he's not winning 10-11 games every year.

Yockanookany
11-26-2017, 05:35 PM
Eh...coaches, athletic directors, recruits, wives....If they don't wanna be here, I dont want em here.

RocketDawg
11-26-2017, 06:38 PM
Exactly, that's why I'm not upset about this other than the fact I wish he had not left for another SEC job. This was an inevitability for Mullen because he feels like he's outgrown MSU even though the only real accomplishment of significance he has at MSU was the midseason #1 ranking. He's been a 6-8 win coach which was plenty good for us but he'll be fired at a place like Florida for that. In fact, Florida won't keep if he's not winning 10-11 games every year.

Can't blame them if they're paying him anywhere close to the rumored $8M. It'll be funny to see him fired in a couple of years and not be able to get a job anywhere else. It's not like he'd be suffering financially so it's not like wishing hard times on anybody, but it would be a big kick in the oversized ego.