PDA

View Full Version : Cohen, really?

Matt3467
11-26-2017, 03:14 PM
I'm not sure who I'm more disappointed in between Mullen and Cohen. How do you let a coach go that has given us the best years we've ever had at State? So what if we have to pay more. I'm tired of the 3,4,5 win seasons we were used to having before Mullen got here. Who in the world is going to come here and have the same success Mullen had. I'm very pessimistic because in our over 100 years of playing football we've never won like we have recently. I'm pissed at Mullen because how could you leave a team that you've built with complete autonomy. We've given this man almost anything he wanted and going on his 10th year here he leaves us high and dry. I thoughth it was an unwritten rule not to poach other SEC coaches and then just rub it in that it's our very own alumni AD over at UF that makes the hire. How will this recruiting class hold up? How will our team hold up? As a lifelong bulldog fan from the bad days on up I'm very disappointed in the events today.

Homedawg
11-26-2017, 03:27 PM
How can people not get it through their head that this has ZERO to do w money. None. We had him a good raise. Could have double his salary and he would have bolted. Just face it, fla is a better job. It just is. Can't blame him

Coach34
11-26-2017, 03:31 PM
How can people not get it through their head that this has ZERO to do w money. None. We had him a good raise. Could have double his salary and he would have bolted. Just face it, fla is a better job. It just is. Can't blame him

THIS

Mullen wanted to leave it seems and chose between 2 jobs

BayouDawg
11-26-2017, 03:33 PM
I had a feeling that when loafers left it was only a matter of time until dan did. I don?t think Cohen puts up with Dan?s shit and Keenum was sick of it too. That?s just my opinion.

Leroy Jenkins
11-26-2017, 03:33 PM
If there is one thing I have faith in, its Cohen's ability to hire. All our recent hires have been great, not just football.

mparkerfd20
11-26-2017, 03:35 PM
To answer your other question... This recruiting class will be completely decimated. You will think that we went on probation with Ole Miss in 4-5 years.

confucius say
11-26-2017, 03:37 PM
THIS

Mullen wanted to leave it seems and chose between 2 jobs

If not $, what do you think changed with him and fl? Or do you think all of that stuff about the ******* and fl was a lie?

Doggie_Style
11-26-2017, 03:41 PM
If there is one thing I have faith in, its Cohen's ability to hire. All our recent hires have been great, not just football.

Can?t blame Cohen...Mullen planned to leave with Dak and fired his agent when he didn?t get the Miami job...the Bermuda shorts wearing Mo Fo wanted out and hired his new agent to get it done...it?s over....next chapter

PMDawg
11-26-2017, 03:45 PM
I hope Mullen, Stricklin, and Grantham are all looking for jobs in 3 yrs. Doubt it will happen, but I'm rooting for it.

BoomBoom
11-26-2017, 03:48 PM
I'm not sure who I'm more disappointed in between Mullen and Cohen. How do you let a coach go that has given us the best years we've ever had at State? So what if we have to pay more. I'm tired of the 3,4,5 win seasons we were used to having before Mullen got here. Who in the world is going to come here and have the same success Mullen had. I'm very pessimistic because in our over 100 years of playing football we've never won like we have recently. I'm pissed at Mullen because how could you leave a team that you've built with complete autonomy. We've given this man almost anything he wanted and going on his 10th year here he leaves us high and dry. I thoughth it was an unwritten rule not to poach other SEC coaches and then just rub it in that it's our very own alumni AD over at UF that makes the hire. How will this recruiting class hold up? How will our team hold up? As a lifelong bulldog fan from the bad days on up I'm very disappointed in the events today.

If you haven't noticed in 9 years, Mullen never thinks he makes a mistake. He probably thinks he isnt winning more because he's at MSU, not because of his own shortcomings.

Ari Gold
11-26-2017, 03:50 PM
To answer your other question... This recruiting class will be completely decimated. You will think that we went on probation with Ole Miss in 4-5 years.

Where they all going to go ??? They aren't going to the dumpster fire that's OM. We will take some hits and my not close some of these guys left but let's see who we hire first and see what happens

Apoplectic
11-26-2017, 03:52 PM
There's a reason his name was mentioned for every opening and that is because he put it out there. Cohen was probably tired of the BS too.

I mean really what has he done except beat the teams we should have? I can't remember a major shocking win that we shouldn't have won. I can think of some losses though!!

BuckyIsAB****
11-26-2017, 04:14 PM

The best thing to come out of this will be the purge of the po ol MSU attitudes like this