PDA

View Full Version : MSU has the WORST uniforms in college football

Dawg61
09-28-2013, 06:03 PM
and I'm not talking just FBS schools I'm also including FCS schools. Find me just one school with a worse uniform than having a legal document word fonting taking up the entire chest and a hideous MState logo on the helmet. It's just brutal that we allow our AD and whoever else to put that on the field every week. MSU MUST improve here. Ok off my soapbox now

Quaoarsking
09-28-2013, 06:29 PM
http://crabcakesports.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/mdflagunis3.png

RunDog26
09-28-2013, 06:33 PM
If we won 75% of our games, I wouldn't care if we dressed out in burlap sacks.

smootness
09-28-2013, 06:34 PM
I actually like our current uniforms. There are plenty that are worse.

Dawgface
09-28-2013, 06:42 PM
http://crabcakesports.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/mdflagunis3.png

The OP probably likes this crap.

ckDOG
09-28-2013, 06:44 PM
Arkansas' are worse. Awful.

whosyourdawgy
09-28-2013, 06:59 PM
Whatever man. That's just idiotic

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2013, 07:01 PM
Arkansas' are worse. Awful.

Agree, Arkansas' are painfully bad.

TopDog58
09-28-2013, 07:08 PM
Stop being a *****. Use some Massengil.

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2013, 07:10 PM
I'm not sure why anyone thinks that A&M's uniforms are any better. They are virtually the same as ours.

DanDority
09-28-2013, 07:42 PM
and I'm not talking just FBS schools I'm also including FCS schools. Find me just one school with a worse uniform than having a legal document word fonting taking up the entire chest and a hideous MState logo on the helmet. It's just brutal that we allow our AD and whoever else to put that on the field every week. MSU MUST improve here. Ok off my soapbox now

I must agree with you about most of what you said, I hate our uni's as well especially our helmets with the big ass stripes!

AROB44
09-28-2013, 08:18 PM
It seems that MSU fans bitch about more than any other fan base. They could wear skirts as long as they win.

chainedup_Dawg
09-28-2013, 08:35 PM
This would never be true because ours are essentially the same as A&Ms. In all seriousness, Maryland takes the cake for worst all time. I can name others; TN, Ark, Rutgers, VT(new helmets make them that bad) , there are a lot of smaller schools with some pretty bad unis. I don't get why so many people don't like ours. I think they're pretty damn good

Dawg61
09-28-2013, 08:44 PM
This would never be true because ours are essentially the same as A&Ms. In all seriousness, Maryland takes the cake for worst all time. I can name others; TN, Ark, Rutgers, VT(new helmets make them that bad) , there are a lot of smaller schools with some pretty bad unis. I don't get why so many people don't like ours. I think they're pretty damn good

I just told you. Look right above the numbers on the front of EVERY other teams jersey and then look at ours. The way MSU spells out Mississippi State looks like a heading you'd see from a legal document. It's 17ing awful. I want it gone and I'm tired of being quiet about it. It has no business being on a football uniform or ANY sports uniform. Leave that shit on the papers that Bracky sends out. The MState on the helmet is only slightly less terrible. Geoff Collins sharpie drawn uniforms would look better than the Legal Offices of Mississippi State University football jerseys.

DCdawg
09-28-2013, 09:52 PM
If you really dislike our uniforms, flip the channel to ESPN U right now and look at Southern's jerseys and helmets. They are just sad. Pretty sure that writing on the helmet came directly off of Microsoft Word.

CadaverDawg
09-28-2013, 09:54 PM
If you really dislike our uniforms, flip the channel to ESPN U right now and look at Southern's jerseys and helmets. They are just sad. Pretty sure that writing on the helmet came directly off of Microsoft Word.

Yep, very SWAC-ish uni's.....and their play is SWAC-ish as well

Dawg61
09-28-2013, 09:57 PM

Haha those are terrible. Ok we have the 2nd worst ones.

chainedup_Dawg
09-28-2013, 10:49 PM
I don't like it either but I don't it makes the uni bad though

Todd4State
09-28-2013, 10:52 PM
Is Maryland's mascot the Queen of Hearts?

cheewgumm
09-28-2013, 11:01 PM
What I hate worst about USMs is "Southern Miss".

Why not put an actual eagle on there or make it say "Eagles"?

hailmari
09-28-2013, 11:18 PM
The "legal document" font is the only part of our unis that I don't like. They need to try something else there. I'm okay with everything else.. as long as there's no gold implemented in it.

Dawg61
09-28-2013, 11:24 PM
Just remove it completely. I'm watching Stanford right now and they have nothing but the numbers, Nike and Pac12 on the front.

chainedup_Dawg
09-28-2013, 11:41 PM
I'd be for this or any of the following; State, Bulldogs, Miss. State or Dawgs. Though, I think I'd prefer State

Tbonewannabe
09-28-2013, 11:46 PM
I hate miss. State on the jerseys. It makes you think of mistake or missus state. I heard scott striklin say we are the only school with Mississippi on our jersey. People that want msu back just know probably 75% of the country would think of michigan state. We have to have a recognizable difference.

PassInterference
09-28-2013, 11:48 PM
I hate miss. State on the jerseys. It makes you think of mistake or missus state. I heard scott striklin say we are the only school with Mississippi on our jersey. People that want msu back just know probably 75% of the country would think of michigan state. We have to have a recognizable difference.

This. It is important that our jerseys say Mississippi State. That and the M State on the helmets = pretty good branding.

Dawg61
09-29-2013, 12:21 AM
This. It is important that our jerseys say Mississippi State. That and the M State on the helmets = pretty good branding.

17 that shit! This is EXACTLY what I'm saying to do the OPPOSITE of! A football game is NOT the time to go Uber-Branding alert. Who gives a shit if some moron can't figure out who we are. Be creative or good and they will seek out more info on MSU. We are MSU!!! Start saying it always.

smootness
09-29-2013, 01:03 AM

Nobody watching the games has any idea that a) the wordmark on the front of the jerseys says 'Mississippi State' or that b) the helmet is an M or says 'State' acros it.

That is essentially just an excuse for the athletic department. The best way to brand through the football jersey is to make it recognizable and consistent.

RTO Dawg
09-29-2013, 06:01 AM
Is Maryland's mascot the Queen of Hearts?

Rack em....