PDA

View Full Version : F U Stricklin you traitor SOB

Hasu Dackds
11-26-2017, 12:56 PM
Nm

BossDawg
11-26-2017, 12:57 PM
I have to agree with this. What a sorry s.o.b. (if it's true and not just Sexton playing games)

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2017, 01:03 PM
He’s ridiculous.

Worst alumnus in MSU history and should never be welcome again

Activated Alpha
11-26-2017, 01:04 PM
What happened?

Political Hack
11-26-2017, 01:04 PM
Cohen vs Strick for Dan?

I know who my money’s on.

Really Clark?
11-26-2017, 01:05 PM
It was Foley, not Striklin making contact first about Mullen.

Thick
11-26-2017, 01:05 PM
We play FL at DWS next season. Hell of a not-so-welcome homecoming for both if he goes to FL.

Political Hack
11-26-2017, 01:06 PM
He better never step foot on our campus again.

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2017, 01:06 PM
MSU's worst alumnus hands down. I never did trust that guy, now I know why.

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2017, 01:08 PM
It was Foley, not Striklin making contact first about Mullen.

Doesn’t matter who it was, Scott is forever more Benedict Arnold to MSU.

Worst alum ever. He should be ashamed to ever come back

Activated Alpha
11-26-2017, 01:09 PM
Someone want to inform others of what exactly has happened?

HoopsDawg
11-26-2017, 01:10 PM
Doesn’t matter who it was, Scott is forever more Benedict Arnold to MSU.

Worst alum ever. He should be ashamed to ever come back

apparently they asked for permission to talk with Mullen on Wednesday, the day before the Egg bowl? That's some BS. Wait one day.

Political Hack
11-26-2017, 01:10 PM
1-trick pony. Only way he know she how to win is to ask Dan do it for him. Absolute scumbag of a human.

SDDawg
11-26-2017, 01:12 PM
Strickland is garbage. He gonna lose.

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2017, 01:14 PM
Strick may be at the top of the list of people who have done the most harm to MSU and the State

HoopsDawg
11-26-2017, 01:14 PM
1-trick pony. Only way he know she how to win is to ask Dan do it for him. Absolute scumbag of a human.

My take is he's not a scumbag, just way in over his head as the UF AD. He couldn't land Chip Kelly over UCLA so he's putting all of his hope on Dan.

defiantdog
11-26-2017, 01:16 PM
He may not be visiting the in laws anytime soon. Strick is an idiot.

Political Hack
11-26-2017, 01:16 PM
My take is he's not a scumbag, just way in over his head as the UF AD. He couldn't land Chip Kelly over UCLA so he's putting all of his hope on Dan.

Be sort of funny if Dan took a “lateral move.”

I honestly think Dannleaked it to embarrass them and get more money out of State.

Hasu Dackds
11-26-2017, 01:17 PM

I honestly think Dannleaked it to embarrass them and get more money out of State.

I’m putting some faith in you here Hack

Dawgfan77
11-26-2017, 01:17 PM

You could look at it that way. Especially since Thamel and Mullen are friends

bostondawg
11-26-2017, 01:18 PM

This would be hilarious, and not too surprising. When it comes to wits, I'd take Cohen+Sexton+Mullen any day over Stricklin. Stricklin is backed into a corner now, flailing in a fight.

Churchill
11-26-2017, 01:19 PM
HaHaHa, You really believe Stricklin has the stroke to choose the next HC at Florida ? How bout a little beach front property in Itta Bena I have for sale ?

WinningIsRelentless
11-26-2017, 01:20 PM

Dan told Chip Kelly its no way in hell he would go to FL and he would highly recommend he didn't either. That took place Tuesday.

Ari Gold
11-26-2017, 01:21 PM
I told everyone about that guy.... he has the biggest little man syndrome out there. Puppet AD . Within 5 year He will end up being the Head Master at JA or Prep, or MRA where ever it was he yelled In his megaphone in high school..

And if Dan goes that's fine. We will beat the **** out of them next year and Scott you will get the Welcome Home you deserve.

Political Hack
11-26-2017, 01:23 PM
You could look at it that way. Especially since Thamel and Mullen are friends

This is the first time I?ve ever been concerned about Florida. They?ve moved the coaches meet and players meeting twice this weekend with everything going on now. Dan and Pete are good friends. There?s cause for concern right now, but the history still doesn?t need add up. Megan isn?t a fan and he and Strick don?t get along nearly as well as he and Cohen have.

Activated Alpha
11-26-2017, 01:24 PM
So Florida is just targeting right? Doesn't necessarily mean he's going. Weren't we assured by several on here that Mullen wouldn't go back to Florida?

ababyatemydingo
11-26-2017, 01:25 PM
Strick may be at the top of the list of people who have done the most harm to MSU and the State

Apparently, you weren't around in the Templeton days

Matt3467
11-26-2017, 01:28 PM
Saw two separate tweets one saying it's about 90-95% chance he takes the UF job and another from Ryan Bass reporting Dan's lawyer is in Cohen's office now negotiating a buyout. This makes me sick.

parabrave
11-26-2017, 01:29 PM
This is the first time I?ve ever been concerned about Florida. They?ve moved the coaches meet and players meeting twice this weekend with everything going on now. Dan and Pete are good friends. There?s cause for concern right now, but the history still doesn?t need add up. Megan isn?t a fan and he and Strick don?t get along nearly as well as he and Cohen have.

Whoever goes to UF still has to deal with visor.

Political Hack
11-26-2017, 01:30 PM
So Florida is just targeting right? Doesn't necessarily mean he's going. Weren't we assured by several on here that Mullen wouldn't go back to Florida?

Florida is panicking and panicking schools are desperate. Sexton is playing with his favorite toy right now and dangling him in front of a desperate school.

bluelightstar
11-26-2017, 01:31 PM
Florida is panicking and panicking schools are desperate. Sexton is playing with his favorite toy right now and dangling him in front of a desperate school.

Hell considering the available coaches out there, we'll be pretty desperate having to make a hire this year too.

mstatefan91
Saw two separate tweets one saying it's about 90-95% chance he takes the UF job and another from Ryan Bass reporting Dan's lawyer is in Cohen's office now negotiating a buyout. This makes me sick.

Just like Gruden is at UT right now.

Waiting for an official announcement before I lose my shit. Lawyer could be there negotiating a raise or not even there at all. Sources mean nothing.

Turfdawg67

Joel Katt reporting it's 90-95% a done deal.

Really Clark?
11-26-2017, 01:32 PM

The players meeting time has been set for a week. It hadn't ever change. Just the coaches meeting time changed

Dawgface
11-26-2017, 01:34 PM
Hell considering the available coaches out there, we'll be pretty desperate having to make a hire this year too.

Couldn't we interview Gruden? **

parabrave
11-26-2017, 01:37 PM
Who is Katt and Bass?

Political Hack
11-26-2017, 01:43 PM
The players meeting time has been set for a week. It hadn't ever change. Just the coaches meeting time changed

Gotcha. They’re back to back today and just lumped them in. Thanks for clarifying.

Mimi's Babies
11-26-2017, 01:44 PM

It is REPORTED that Megan hated FL and the fans were very rude to her personally.... That doesn't happen here. They are happy and love Starkville...

Remember If Mama ain't happy ain't no one happy....

Mimi's Babies
11-26-2017, 01:45 PM

Sexton needs to be run off....

Charlie_Sheen420
11-26-2017, 01:47 PM
Who is Katt and Bass?

Exactly, twitter trolls, I really hate twitter...there's no accountability anymore for spreading bs

HoopsDawg
11-26-2017, 01:48 PM
It is REPORTED that Megan hated FL and the fans were very rude to her personally.... That doesn't happen here. They are happy and love Starkville...

Remember If Mama ain't happy ain't no one happy....

If they are so happy, then why did Mullen want the Miami job so bad? CJ Johnson got his lanyard ripped off his neck and verbally abused in Oxford yet signed with Ole Miss. 6.5 milly + no state tax will make Megan happy in a hurry. Mullen could win a natty at UF. That's one job I couldn't blame him for leaving for.

Political Hack
11-26-2017, 01:50 PM
Dan told Chip Kelly its no way in hell he would go to FL and he would highly recommend he didn't either. That took place Tuesday.

I’m certain they talked but how anyone would know what was said during that call is beyond me. However, it’s well known the Mullen family did not enjoy their time in Florida and neither did Meyer.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-26-2017, 01:54 PM
If they are so happy, then why did Mullen want the Miami job so bad? CJ Johnson got his lanyard ripped off his neck and verbally abused in Oxford yet signed with Ole Miss. 6.5 milly + no state tax will make Megan happy in a hurry. Mullen could win a natty at UF. That's one job I couldn't blame him for leaving for.

Mullen isn’t winning a Natty at Flarda. They won’t give him enough time, plus he is 0 for whatever vs Kirby Smart.

HoopsDawg
11-26-2017, 01:55 PM
Mullen isn’t winning a Natty at Flarda. They won’t give him enough time, plus he is 0 for whatever vs Kirby Smart.

I agree, but he probably thinks he will.

bostondawg
11-26-2017, 01:58 PM

Just my personal take:

There's a difference between a coaching job where you are tasked with getting an okay program to bowl games, and then taking a program with enormous expectations and pressure to a national title. I think Dan worked well for us because we were patient and only asked for the former, not the latter. The fact is that in order to be an elite coach, you have to have that it factor. And I'm not sure Dan has it. Watching him lay eggs in big games tells me he lacks it. What is he, 2-26 against ranked teams? That isn't a slight at Mullen. At MSU we don't need you to have that national championship "it" factor--that isn't necessary here. Dan was a solid coach at building a program and getting it stable and well-oiled. But that's an inherently different job than getting a program to a natty. People keep comparing with a jobs analogy, saying "you would take more money if you got offered it" but I don't think that's a good analogy--it isn't the same job. It's like asking an accountant at a company to suddenly be its CEO--just because there's more money doesn't mean you're qualified for the job.

As a more concrete point--no chance in hell are Florida's boosters + Spurrier + Foley + Tebow or whatever other ghosts they have hanging around pulling strings on their puppet coaches gonna be happy with Dan wanting to be his own OC and QB coach. The first time he calls a horrible game, which he will inevitably do against a ranked team, Florida will call for him to relinquish play calling and demand that their 1.4 million a year OC take over. And I think what we've come to learn in his time at MSU: what is Dan Mullen if he can't run his offense?

ETA another thought about MSU coach hiring philosophy. The fact that Dan was his own OC and QB coach was wonderful for MSU because it saved us a lot of money, allowing us to pay more to other position coaches. (they don't have that concern at Florida which is why they will demand Mullen use his OC and QB coach--they think all problems can be solved by money.) If we need to get another coach, I wouldn't be opposed to a guy who also is one of his own coordinators. A guy we really trust to make his side of the ball good, and then throw 1.5 million at the other side the ball's coordinator.

BSME04
11-26-2017, 01:58 PM
Florida?s coaching search reminds me a lot of our search after we fired Stans. I wonder why?

Charlie_Sheen420
11-26-2017, 02:00 PM
Florida?s coaching search reminds me a lot of our search after we fired Stans. I wonder why?

Damn!!!!! That's a good burn

HoopsDawg
11-26-2017, 02:04 PM
Just my personal take:

There's a difference between a coaching job where you are tasked with getting an okay program to bowl games, and then taking a program with enormous expectations and pressure to a national title. I think Dan worked well for us because we were patient and only asked for the former, not the latter. The fact is that in order to be an elite coach, you have to have that it factor. And I'm not sure Dan has it. Watching him lay eggs in big games tells me he lacks it. What is he, 2-26 against ranked teams? That isn't a slight at Mullen. At MSU we don't need you to have that national championship "it" factor--that isn't necessary here. Dan was a solid coach at building a program and getting it stable and well-oiled. But that's an inherently different job than getting a program to a natty. People keep comparing with a jobs analogy, saying "you would take more money if you got offered it" but I don't think that's a good analogy--it isn't the same job. It's like asking an accountant at a company to suddenly be its CEO--just because there's more money doesn't mean you're qualified for the job.

As a more concrete point--no chance in hell are Florida's boosters + Spurrier + Foley + Tebow or whatever other ghosts they have hanging around pulling strings on their puppet coaches gonna be happy with Dan wanting to his own OC and QB coach. The first time he calls a horrible game, which he will inevitably do against a ranked team, Florida will call for him to relinquish play calling and demand that their 1.4 million a year OC take over. And I think what we've come to learn in his time at MSU: what is Dan Mullen if he can't run his offense?

I agree. Good post.

Political Hack
11-26-2017, 02:08 PM

I’m certain they talked but how anyone would know what was said during that call is beyond me. However, it’s well known the Mullen family did not enjoy their time in Florida and neither did Meyer.

Political Hack
11-26-2017, 02:12 PM
Mullen put up points against Saban this year.

He still hasn’t against Kirby.