PDA

View Full Version : Dan Wolken say:

confucius say
11-26-2017, 12:41 PM
Schiano has emerged as leader for TN. TN is still talking to dan but he is waiting out FL. 🙄

Political Hack
11-26-2017, 12:48 PM
Y’all better rip the hell out of UT fans on twitter if they hire schiano.

Please lord let that happen.

Bullsy
11-26-2017, 12:51 PM
Hack... we still good with Mullen or time to worry?

WeWonItAll(Most)
11-26-2017, 12:54 PM
Aka, Dan's turned down UT, since there's no way he wants to stay in Starkville, he must be waiting out the UF job.

bostondawg
Pete Thamel is reporting on twitter that Florida is now targeting Mullen.

So I guess that means Mullen was Florida's number 3 choice. But either way, that's who they want now.

BossDawg
That will piss me off to no end if Mullen goes to Florida. But it would be the most MSU thing ever: a former AD and graduate of State sticking it to the very university he supposedly loves so much.

Hasu Dackds
11-26-2017, 12:55 PM
Say your prayers now.

confucius say
11-26-2017, 12:56 PM
Yea it's all over Twitter from national guys that he is their target now.

bostondawg
11-26-2017, 12:56 PM
FWIW, I think it's probably that Mullen is now the target of Florida. I just don't think it's nearly as probable that Dan goes. We'll give him a good offer and Florida is a dumpster fire. Patience.

Skydawg1
11-26-2017, 12:57 PM
That will piss me off to no end if Mullen goes to Florida. But it would be the most MSU thing ever: a former AD and graduate of State sticking it to the very university he supposedly loves so much.And naturally we play Florida next year in Starkville.

BrunswickDawg
11-26-2017, 12:59 PM
If there is any school on the planet I?m not afraid of Dan jumping to its Florida. Megan won?t let that happen. Ain?t nobody happy if momma ain?t happy.

bostondawg
11-26-2017, 12:59 PM
Well, I was saying to be patient. But you might wanna buckle your seatbelts anyway.
https://snag.gy/MG7Fcz.jpg

Really Clark?
11-26-2017, 01:02 PM
Well, I was saying to be patient. But you might wanna buckle your seatbelts anyway.

That was done last night or early this morning and reported earlier today

bostondawg
11-26-2017, 01:05 PM
That was done last night or early this morning and reported earlier today

Ah okay. Let's hope it's nothing.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2017, 01:07 PM
Dan also said earlier in the week they would be wrapping up the Egg Bowl and season stuff and bowl game prep Sunday afternoon

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2017, 01:10 PM
This isn't a called team meeting. it was already scheduled. The postponement of the staff meeting fro 10 till just before the other one worries me.

HoopsDawg
11-26-2017, 01:12 PM
We can find another coach that can beat UK and hapless non-conference teams. It's time for Dan to move on. I'm sick of this happening every single season.

Maroonthirteen
11-26-2017, 01:14 PM
I can confirm what Commerce heard. Dan said last Tuesday that there would be a team meeting Sunday afternoon to discuss the season and planning bowl practice.

Quaoarsking
11-26-2017, 01:14 PM
We can find another coach that can beat UK and hapless non-conference teams. It's time for Dan to move on. I'm sick of this happening every single season.

Funny, I could've sworn we beat LSU, Arkansas, and Texas A&M this year. Guess I've gone insane.

HoopsDawg
11-26-2017, 01:16 PM
Funny, I could've sworn we beat LSU, Arkansas, and Texas A&M this year. Guess I've gone insane.

I was obviously exaggerating a little. LSU was a good win. Dan wanted the Miami job badly and didn't get it. He has sought other jobs in the past. I just think it would be good for him and for us if he moves on. You hire Sexton as your agent for a reason. And it's either to get out or to force us to break the bank.

dawgday166
11-26-2017, 01:18 PM

Rep +1.

MetEdDawg
11-26-2017, 01:19 PM
I was obviously exaggerating a little. LSU was a good win. Dan wanted the Miami job badly and didn't get it. He has sought other jobs in the past. I just think it would be good for him and for us if he moves on. You hire Sexton as your agent for a reason. And it's either to get out or to force us to break the bank.

Then break the bank. The options out there aren’t good. If they were UT wouldn’t be looking at Schiano and UF wouldn’t come looking to a guy UF fans hate and a guy whose wife verbally trashed the place on the way out.

msstate7
11-26-2017, 01:20 PM

And if the next coach wins any games, it will happen then too. You crazy if you want Mullen gone

HoopsDawg
11-26-2017, 01:24 PM
Then break the bank. The options out there aren’t good. If they were UT wouldn’t be looking at Schiano and UF wouldn’t come looking to a guy UF fans hate and a guy whose wife verbally trashed the place on the way out.

Jeff Brohm of Purdue would be a home run hire for UF. Norvell of Memphis is a hell of a coach I think. Neal Brown at Troy beat LSU too and has good connections. Brent Venables wants to be a head coach. And I would even consider Bill Clark at UAB, no one has done more with less. We could get any of these guys for 3.5 million per year. Our job is not as hard as the media makes it out to be.

Ari Gold
11-26-2017, 01:25 PM

The team meeting was set for 5pm last week. It never changed.

HoopsDawg
11-26-2017, 01:27 PM
And if the next coach wins any games, it will happen then too. You crazy if you want Mullen gone

I'm not necessarily saying I want him gone, I'm just saying it's fine if he leaves. Let me put it this way, I'm not wringing my hands about Mullen possibly leaving and I won't be overly excited if he stays. I guess losing 3 out of the last 4 Egg Bowls does that to me.

bluelightstar
Doesn't make much sense to take a job with the expectations at Florida, especially considering Dan will be coming in on the hot seat because those fans already hate him.

Commercecomet24

This! Geez Dan said it in his presser Tuesday

Really Clark?
11-26-2017, 01:28 PM

That's right. Just the coaches meeting time changed

msstate7
11-26-2017, 01:33 PM
I'm not necessarily saying I want him gone, I'm just saying it's fine if he leaves. Let me put it this way, I'm not wringing my hands about Mullen possibly leaving and I want be overly excited if he stays. I guess losing 3 out of the last 4 Egg Bowls does that to me.

I do not want us to pay Mullen 7 million or something stupid, but I want to keep him if possible.

If he leaves though, I try to interview norvell, fleck, brohm, and geoff collins

Thick
11-26-2017, 01:35 PM

Totally agree!

Reason2succeed
11-26-2017, 01:40 PM
Mullen goes to work to make money like all of us. I don?t anyone would leave money on the table if your employer could afford it. Sexton is just doing his job. Mullen is just playing he game.

It?s nothing wrong with him hearing what other schools have to say. At the end of the day most schools won?t give Mullen the power and control he has at State.

He?s being paid a comparable salary now and will be getting a healthy raise if he stays. He?s finally gotten his assistants where he wants them.

Think about this: other than DC how many assistants have we lost to other programs over money. Turner, who will be out of work soon and Brewster. I can?t think of too many more. There?s not many reasons to leave.

HoopsDawg
11-26-2017, 01:53 PM
Mullen goes to work to make money like all of us. I don?t anyone would leave money on the table if your employer could afford it. Sexton is just doing his job. Mullen is just playing he game.

It?s nothing wrong with him hearing what other schools have to say. At the end of the day most schools won?t give Mullen the power and control he has at State.

He?s being paid a comparable salary now and will be getting a healthy raise if he stays. He?s finally gotten his assistants where he wants them.

Think about this: other than DC how many assistants have we lost to other programs over money. Turner, who will be out of work soon and Brewster. I can?t think of too many more. There?s not many reasons to leave.

I hear you, but this isn't some cubicle worker at bank of america trying to get 70K from 65k a year. This is a university who gave the guy his first chance with no head coaching experience. Pays him 4.5 million a year and has given him everything facility wise he has asked for. The fan base has loved him and embraced him. And he makes his money off the backs (or ankles) of players like Nick Fitzgerald. I don't really appreciate him or his agent trying to use leverage to squeeze every last penny out of our university. And this is not a guy who has been a dynamite recruiter. Steve Robertson has said that this does hurt our recruiting every year.

maroonmania
11-26-2017, 02:11 PM
I hear you, but this isn't some cubicle worker at bank of america trying to get 70K from 65k a year. This is a university who gave the guy his first chance with no head coaching experience. Pays him 4.5 million a year and has given him everything facility wise he has asked for. The fan base has loved him and embraced him. And he makes his money off the backs (or ankles) of players like Nick Fitzgerald. I don't really appreciate him or his agent trying to use leverage to squeeze every last penny out of our university. And this is not a guy who has been a dynamite recruiter. Steve Robertson has said that this does hurt our recruiting every year.

Yea, I've sort of become numb to the whole situation at this point. I mean Dan is a good coach but the attention heaped on him is a little ridiculous given we have only had one season under him in nine that yielded more than 8 regular season wins. Of course I realize to the outside world if poor lil ol' Mississippi State even makes a bowl game then their coach must be some kind of miracle worker. I definitely want to keep Dan but at this point whatever happens happens. I mean even if Mullen doesn't go and we have a really good year next year as we expect then we will all be going through this same soap opera again next year and so on and so on. The absolute biggest issue with losing Mullen would be the damage to our recruiting class both this year and next. We are in a really good spot right now with the OM situation on the recruiting front with some high level QBs committed and I hate to throw that advantage away by having to start over with a new coach who doesn't have the established connections here that Dan has after all of these years.

maroonmania
11-26-2017, 02:14 PM
Steve Robertson has said that this does hurt our recruiting every year.

True, and Mullen has to know this but apparently all this stuff feeds his ego enough that whatever damage it does he's OK with.