PDA

View Full Version : Serious question.. why did UT and Fla can their HC?s mid season if they....

RougeDawg
11-26-2017, 10:02 AM
Didn?t already have their 1-3 choices on the hook ready to put ink to paper? Not only do you set a horrible precedent, but you also force many other universities to pull the trigger earlier than normal so they can throw their hat into the ring too. Thus creating a free for all, bunch of terrible knee jerk hires, and the cycle likely repeats itself in a few years.

With the way Tennessee and Florida have mismanaged their last few coaches, they weren?t likely to snag anyone decent. What up and comer or proven winner wants to subject himself to a likely failure? Those two programs don?t give a coach time. One just fired a coach who won the east back to back.

We had Howland locked up before we sent C34?s buddy Rick Ray packing. That?s how you handle it and keep others from catching wind and throwing their hats in too.

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2017, 10:15 AM
Boosters.

Political Hack
11-26-2017, 10:21 AM
UT is getting shot down left and right. Nobody wants to step inside that house. It’s a disaster with financial problems, a terrible record for how they treat coaches, a low talent state, and in the toughest conference in the country with the worst cross-divisional permanent matchup in the country.

Florida fired Urban Meyer because he refused to change his offense for brantley only a couple of years after he won a natty. No amount of money is worth that. Coaches know they can’t run their program the way the want to there. The Mullen family will never go back. Meyer would never go back. I think that says a lot.

Money can’t fix everything and this arms race to pay the best coaches doesn’t work when it’s “Nick Saban and then everyone else.” And that’s exactly where we are in college football. The difference between 5.5-6.0 million and 7.8 million is negligible in such a volatile environment, so maybe coaches are wising up and looking for more stability instead of a higher annual salary. I think that’s why CDM is turning down slightly more money to stay at State. That, and he genuinely loves it.

RougeDawg
11-26-2017, 10:32 AM
UT is getting shot down left and right. Nobody wants to step inside that house. It?s a disaster with financial problems, a terrible record for how they treat coaches, a low talent state, and in the toughest conference in the country with the worst cross-divisional permanent matchup in the country.

Florida fired Urban Meyer because he refused to change his offense for brantley only a couple of years after he won a natty. No amount of money is worth that. Coaches know they can?t run their program the way the want to there. The Mullen family will never go back. Meyer would never go back. I think that says a lot.

Money can?t fix everything and this arms race to pay the best coaches doesn?t work when it?s ?Nick Saban and then everyone else.? And that?s exactly where we are in college football. The difference between 5.5-6.0 million and 7.8 million is negligible in such a volatile environment, so maybe coaches are wising up and looking for more stability instead of a higher annual salary. I think that?s why CDM is turning down slightly more money to stay at State. That, and he genuinely loves it.

Completely understand these points. My point is why can?t these two universities see this, come to grips with reality and have their man in place ready to go, before giving their programs at least one more black eye?

Sure the guys who make these decision are smarter than the casual outside observer.

gravedigger
11-26-2017, 10:32 AM
UT is getting shot down left and right. Nobody wants to step inside that house. It’s a disaster with financial problems, a terrible record for how they treat coaches, a low talent state, and in the toughest conference in the country with the worst cross-divisional permanent matchup in the country.

Florida fired Urban Meyer because he refused to change his offense for brantley only a couple of years after he won a natty. No amount of money is worth that. Coaches know they can’t run their program the way the want to there. The Mullen family will never go back. Meyer would never go back. I think that says a lot.

Money can’t fix everything and this arms race to pay the best coaches doesn’t work when it’s “Nick Saban and then everyone else.” And that’s exactly where we are in college football. The difference between 5.5-6.0 million and 7.8 million is negligible in such a volatile environment, so maybe coaches are wising up and looking for more stability instead of a higher annual salary. I think that’s why CDM is turning down slightly more money to stay at State. That, and he genuinely loves it.

Florida fired Meyer?

Bully13
11-26-2017, 10:36 AM
Florida fired Meyer?

In a way and in a way not. They made his job so miserable he said 17 it.

DogsofAnarchy
11-26-2017, 11:25 AM
UT is getting shot down left and right. Nobody wants to step inside that house. It?s a disaster with financial problems, a terrible record for how they treat coaches, a low talent state, and in the toughest conference in the country with the worst cross-divisional permanent matchup in the country.

Florida fired Urban Meyer because he refused to change his offense for brantley only a couple of years after he won a natty. No amount of money is worth that. Coaches know they can?t run their program the way the want to there. The Mullen family will never go back. Meyer would never go back. I think that says a lot.

Money can?t fix everything and this arms race to pay the best coaches doesn?t work when it?s ?Nick Saban and then everyone else.? And that?s exactly where we are in college football. The difference between 5.5-6.0 million and 7.8 million is negligible in such a volatile environment, so maybe coaches are wising up and looking for more stability instead of a higher annual salary. I think that?s why CDM is turning down slightly more money to stay at State. That, and he genuinely loves it.

You are about to be REALLY surprised about the money Dan is about to get!!

Political Hack
11-26-2017, 11:25 AM
They fired him. Told him to fire addazio anc change hisnoffense to anprobstyle and he said no. They said that or you’re gone and he said “see ya.”

msstate7
11-26-2017, 11:27 AM
They fired him. Told him to fire addazio anc change hisnoffense to anprobstyle and he said no. They said that or you’re gone and he said “see ya.”

Yep. Dummies could probably at least have a couple more titles by now

Political Hack
11-26-2017, 11:29 AM
IT was allegedly going to throw 7-8 at him. We won’t pay him that much. We could. But we won’t.

Political Hack
11-26-2017, 12:29 PM
Completely understand these points. My point is why can?t these two universities see this, come to grips with reality and have their man in place ready to go, before giving their programs at least one more black eye?

Sure the guys who make these decision are smarter than the casual outside observer.

Sorry. Main point being they think they’re more attractive than they really are. It’s like the hot prom queen who didn’t age well.