PDA

View Full Version : Anybody in the know wanna give us the scoop?

stalkingpoon
11-25-2017, 10:58 PM
Lotta smoke in the Twitterverse. He gone? He staying?

Charlie_Sheen420
11-25-2017, 11:04 PM

Stay off twitter, it's rebel trolls. Twitter also had Chip to Florida early this week...don't get trolled, stay off twitter

Leroy Jenkins
11-25-2017, 11:32 PM

Why worry about it one way or the other? If you find out an hour after everyone else does it change anything? Who cares, you are not gonna get "scooped". Having a coach other people want is better than the alternative, having a coach no one wants.

Ari Gold
11-26-2017, 12:00 AM
Here is the scoop. Our job next year is better than any opening in the SEC.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2017, 12:02 AM
Here is the scoop. Our job next year is better than any opening in the SEC.

Ari, bringing the heat! Dead on!

Coach34
11-26-2017, 12:09 AM
Tenn is hiring Mullen or Schiano...sounds like Schiano it is. Our guys feel like Mullen has turned them down

Coursesuper
11-26-2017, 12:17 AM
Tenn is hiring Mullen or Schiano...sounds like Schiano it is. Our guys feel like Mullen has turned them down

They must have stayed after him hard and made him say yes or no.

HoopsDawg
11-26-2017, 12:22 AM
Tennessee fan base is going to have an epic meltdown if it's Schiano.

msstate7
11-26-2017, 12:23 AM

They will, but I think it could end up being a great hire

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2017, 12:26 AM

Agree. I think he'll be a good hire. Just not popular

he's tough
Has power 5 success as a head coach
NFL head coach.

Honestly, for a college coach, his resume is way better than Gruden

Coursesuper
11-26-2017, 12:26 AM
They will, but I think it could end up being a great hire

They could dig up the bear and that bunch will still be a wreck. It's not 1999.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2017, 12:28 AM
Schiano not a splashy name but he?s had success and could do well.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2017, 12:28 AM
They could dig up the bear and that bunch will still be a wreck. It's not 1999.

Funny because it?s true

Political Hack
11-26-2017, 01:19 AM
Peterson, Leach, or Schiano will likely be the guy imo.

DogsofAnarchy
11-26-2017, 01:35 AM
Peterson, Leach, or Schiano will likely be the guy imo.

PH let?s go with Leach here as the Long Shot!! SEC Media Days would be fun!! Lol

RougeDawg
11-26-2017, 08:01 AM
Don?t we go to Knoxville in 2019? Did that factor in? Never know but how bad would it look for TN to have their New coach?s old team roll into rocky top and drink all their ?shine?.

phatdog
11-26-2017, 08:19 AM
This:

Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew
View Post
It's not Mullen

dawgs
11-26-2017, 10:39 AM
Chris Petersen turned down better jobs than Tennessee when he was at Boise because he wanted to stay in the PNW. He was waiting for either Oregon or Washington to open up for him. Now that he has Washington competing for playoff spots and winning 10+ games every year, I can’t imahine him deciding now to leave the PNW for a trainwreck of a situation.

Bubb Rubb
11-26-2017, 10:40 AM
There have been folks on this board telling you emphatically for 3 days that Mullen is not going to Tennessee.

Bully13
11-26-2017, 10:50 AM
There have been folks on this board telling you emphatically for 3 days that Mullen is not going to Tennessee.

Thank you. Was he looking for a different response this time? Troll or insane.

Dawgology
11-26-2017, 10:52 AM
TN HAD to fire their HC. FL did not...it was a knee jerk reaction and has scared a lot of good coaches away from them due to overly heightened expectations and administrative entanglement. TN and FL or not the jobs they once were and if they don’t land a coach that can make an immediate impact then I think the wheels come completely off those programs and they become a non-factor for the next decade.

was21
11-26-2017, 11:07 AM
Both Tennessee and Florida should hire an outside consultant to do an organizational analysis to find out what's wrong before they even think about hiring head football coaches

Randolph Dupree
11-26-2017, 11:32 AM
I️ wouldn?t worry about Dan to UT or really anywhere else right now. The only openings that would concern me are Bama, Clemson, Georgia, FSU, and maybe ND if they paid. Outside of that I️ think we are safe and most of those jobs appear to be set for a while. When Saban leaves that may create an opportunity at one of those but I?m hoping Dan has us on a level where we are competing with these schools, maybe not every year but fairly routinely.

State82
11-26-2017, 11:42 AM
There's no one "in the know". So there's that.

dawgs
11-26-2017, 12:08 PM
Florida is fine. Anyone that looks at mcelroy’s 2 east championships know it was a mediocre team in a shitty division and he wouldn’t be winning the east now that Kirby has uga rolling. And Florida has the inherent recruiting base that everyone except Southern California programs envy. Kelly is an abnormal coach in that the program prestige means nothing to him really, so long as they are willing to give him plenty of automomy and financial support. This is also just the wrong year to go after frost. Hard to turn down your alma mater to be another program’s plan B.

Bubb Rubb
11-26-2017, 12:22 PM
There's no one "in the know". So there's that.

There are people who know. There are just more people who are too insecure to trust what they are told.

HoopsDawg
11-26-2017, 12:26 PM
I️ wouldn?t worry about Dan to UT or really anywhere else right now. The only openings that would concern me are Bama, Clemson, Georgia, FSU, and maybe ND if they paid. Outside of that I️ think we are safe and most of those jobs appear to be set for a while. When Saban leaves that may create an opportunity at one of those but I?m hoping Dan has us on a level where we are competing with these schools, maybe not every year but fairly routinely.

None of those schools would ever hire Dan. UT is the best Dan can hope for unless Strickland gets desperate.

Randolph Dupree
11-26-2017, 01:02 PM
None of those schools would ever hire Dan. UT is the best Dan can hope for unless Strickland gets desperate.

Then you should feel really good about not losing Dan...ever...unless we run him off or he just gets tired of us. Other jobs are either a lateral or have culture issues. Our culture has already been built and we aren’t a dumpster fire.