PDA

View Full Version : I?m Thinking Outback Bowl

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2017, 08:58 PM
I?m still distraught about Thursday night and the opportunity we blew regardless of the circumstances.

However, with Auburn winning, the SEC is a shoe in for 3 NY6 invites.

LSU beating A&M virtually kicks them into the Citrus, and I just don?t see how the Outback could choose an anemic South Carolina team that is being blown out by Clemson, over a team with our resume that only isn?t isn?t in the Citrus Bowl because our QB broke his leg.

Outback me

Losing to OM hurts but an Outback Bowl invite is virtually identical to the Citrus

msstate7
11-25-2017, 09:00 PM
Rather have Texas vs Texas

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2017, 09:02 PM
Rather have Texas vs Texas

Eh. Texas sucks & I just don’t see us falling that far in the pecking order. Keytaon is damn good and will be ready for the bowl.

I’d rather play Michigan State or Iowa and demolish them.

msstate7
11-25-2017, 09:04 PM
Eh. Texas sucks.

We haven?t played there and Texas is a national brand. I can live with playing your 2 though

msstate7
11-25-2017, 09:05 PM
Thought gator, belk, music, Texas, and libery all equal now

Jack Lambert
11-25-2017, 09:06 PM
Eh. Texas sucks & I just don’t see us falling that far in the pecking order. Keytaon is damn good and will be ready for the bowl.

I think the Committee will have mercy on us and keep us in the top 20. Hell we were down one Linebacker, two WR's and our QB and still almost came back and beat those cheating SOB's.

msstate7
11-25-2017, 09:08 PM
I think the Committee will have mercy on us and keep us in the top 20. Hell we were down one Linebacker, two WR's and our QB and still almost came back and beat those cheating SOB's.

We will stay top 20 if for no other reason, bama needs us there. Sec politics will keep us there

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2017, 09:40 PM

I think it’s Outback.

It would be absolutely ridiculous to choose Scar over us when comparing resumes

msstate7
11-25-2017, 09:42 PM
I think it’s Outback.

It would be absolutely ridiculous to choose Scar over us when comparing resumes

I agree.

maroonmania
11-25-2017, 09:43 PM
We will stay top 20 if for no other reason, bama needs us there. Sec politics will keep us there

Hopefully they will but the fact is we are not a top 20 team without Fitz.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2017, 09:44 PM
I agree.

Maybe Citrus if A&M completes this comeback

bluelightstar
11-25-2017, 09:45 PM
We should get Outback but I bet we end up "falling" to Texas or Music City. Seems like more often that not, they end up sending an East team to the Outback (and East teams have gone since the Pool of Six started but that's a small sample size).

dickiedawg
11-25-2017, 10:11 PM
All of those bowls are equal, chosen by the bowls with input from the conference.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2017, 10:13 PM
Has to be the Outback.

We have shown the ability to compete with good teams while Scar has not.

It should be a no brainer

bluelightstar
11-25-2017, 10:14 PM
All of those bowls are equal, chosen by the bowls with input from the conference.

If that's in reference to my post, that's why I put "falling" in quotes. I know they're all equal now, but the old perception of the bowl hierarchy does die hard...

BoomBoom
I?m still distraught about Thursday night and the opportunity we blew regardless of the circumstances.

However, with Auburn winning, the SEC is a shoe in for 3 NY6 invites.

LSU beating A&M virtually kicks them into the Citrus, and I just don?t see how the Outback could choose an anemic South Carolina team that is being blown out by Clemson, over a team with our resume that only isn?t isn?t in the Citrus Bowl because our QB broke his leg.

Outback me

Losing to OM hurts but an Outback Bowl invite is virtually identical to the Citrus

1999 says hi. Outback will definitely take a lesser SC team over us.

Tbonewannabe
I think USCe goes Gator or Belk.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2017, 10:15 PM
1999 says hi. Outback will definitely take a lesser SC team over us.

I just can't see it.

Would be an absolute abomination. The SEC is different now & we are a more respected brand.

If the Outback wants a good game, they'll take us

WSOPdawg
11-25-2017, 10:47 PM
But given LSU was in the Citrus last year, would the Citrus Bowl want LSU to return? If Outback and Citrus are supposedly equal, I can see SEC negotiating to send LSU to the Outback and the Citrus getting it's choice of State and USCe.

BoomBoom
11-25-2017, 10:48 PM
I just can't see it.

Would be an absolute abomination. The SEC is different now & we are a more respected brand.

If the Outback wants a good game, they'll take us

we're both 8-4. in '99 we had TWO wins on SC. i don't think we would lose out to them now with a 2 win deficit, but at equal records it's a done deal.

ETA: they don't want a good game. they want to sell tickets.

maroonmania
11-25-2017, 10:58 PM
we're both 8-4. in '99 we had TWO wins on SC. i don't think we would lose out to them now with a 2 win deficit, but at equal records it's a done deal.

Speaking of selling tickets, its pretty much a known thing that any year we lose to OM it puts a significant damper on our bowl game ticket sales.

msstate7
11-25-2017, 11:01 PM
Speaking of selling tickets, its pretty much a known thing that any year we lose to OM it puts a significant damper on our bowl game ticket sales.

Maybe key will keep interest up in our bowl game. Liberty might not be such a bad deal...

CJDAWG85
11-25-2017, 11:46 PM
Gator or Music City

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2017, 11:55 PM
UGA, Bama, Auburn = NY6

Citrus Bowl = LSU

After the Citrus Bowl, the SEC has 6 bowls that are all equal. Due to that, here is the best fit for each bowl from a ticket perspective.

Outback = MSU
Gator = South Carolina
Music City = Kentucky
Liberty = Missouri
Texas = Texas A&M
Belk? = There are no other eligible SEC teams. Perhaps Kentucky or South Carolina goes to the Belk, then Missouri goes to Music City. Not sure.

Either way, MSU & South Caroline are the best georgraphical teams for the Outback & Gator, but, since we've been to the Gator twice in recent years, I can't imagine we'd go there.

MSU to Outback & Scar to Gator

msstate7
11-26-2017, 12:17 AM
UGA, Bama, Auburn = NY6

Citrus Bowl = LSU

After the Citrus Bowl, the SEC has 6 bowls that are all equal. Due to that, here is the best fit for each bowl from a ticket perspective.

Outback = MSU
Gator = South Carolina
Music City = Kentucky
Liberty = Missouri
Texas = Texas A&M
Belk? = There are no other eligible SEC teams. Perhaps Kentucky or South Carolina goes to the Belk, then Missouri goes to Music City. Not sure.

Either way, MSU & South Caroline are the best georgraphical teams for the Outback & Gator, but, since we've been to the Gator twice in recent years, I can't imagine we'd go there.

aTm was in Texas bowl last year

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2017, 12:20 AM
aTm was in Texas bowl last year

Ok, so Mizzou goes to Texas Bowl & A&M goes to the Belk.

There ya go.

Citrus - LSU
Outback - MSU
Gator - Scar
Belk - A&M
Texas - Mizzou
Music City - KY
Liberty - SOL

BoomBoom
11-26-2017, 01:06 AM
UGA, Bama, Auburn = NY6

Citrus Bowl = LSU

Outback = MSU
Gator = South Carolina
Music City = Kentucky
Liberty = Missouri
Texas = Texas A&M

Outback will want A&M. only 1 loss less than us. Gator with take SC. Music City won't want us again. Liberty or Texas, here we come!

Commercecomet24
11-26-2017, 01:18 AM
Outback will want A&M. only 1 loss less than us. Gator with take SC. Music City won't want us again. Liberty or Texas, here we come!

No AM won?t have a head coach and will not be as attractive.

Political Hack
11-26-2017, 01:25 AM
I hope it?s Music City, but i could see an argument for any of them. If it?s Outback we?ll bring about 9 people. A lot of our fans still won?t eat there.

Really Clark?
11-26-2017, 01:53 AM
UGA, Bama, Auburn = NY6

Citrus Bowl = LSU

Outback = MSU
Gator = South Carolina
Music City = Kentucky
Liberty = Missouri
Texas = Texas A&M

Liberty Bowl will be the one left out. They have already agreed to take the loser of UCF vs Memphis game

Tbonewannabe
11-26-2017, 11:04 AM

The Outback took a 7-4 UGA team over our 9-2 team. It wasn't USCe.

RocketDawg
11-26-2017, 11:27 AM

Equal in payout? Not in perceived status, especially by us old-timers. Outback and Citrus just sound better than Liberty, Birmingham, ....

RocketDawg
11-26-2017, 11:28 AM
I hope it?s Music City, but i could see an argument for any of them. If it?s Outback we?ll bring about 9 people. A lot of our fans still won?t eat there.

If true, that's pretty silly.