PDA

View Full Version : 4A State Title Game

Bama_Dawg
11-25-2017, 07:50 PM
Next weekend in Oxfart, East Central and Noxubee County will face off for the 4A State Football Championship. Being an alumnus of EC, I can tell you that you need to see this team in person. Brad Cumbest, an MSU commit will be on hand as will Tony Brown, the no division 1 offer kid that does nothing but bring opposing teams nightmares.

Why a great football player and even better kid has no D1 offers is beyond me. He'll, we even had Holloway that I'd equate to Tony, except Tony is a hell of a lot shiftier.

This EC team is special. You hear that a lot, but you look at the kids warm up and think...they are gonna get shelled...then they take the field.

Id really encourage you guys to be there at 3 on Saturday...SEC champ game be damned.

Queue the I ain't going to Oxford comments

SapperDawg
11-25-2017, 08:01 PM
Another EC alum here - go Hornets!

sandjunky
11-25-2017, 08:18 PM
Next weekend in Oxfart, East Central and Noxubee County will face off for the 4A State Football Championship. Being an alumnus of EC, I can tell you that you need to see this team in person. Brad Cumbest, an MSU commit will be on hand as will Tony Brown, the no division 1 offer kid that does nothing but bring opposing teams nightmares.

Why a great football player and even better kid has no D1 offers is beyond me. He'll, we even had Holloway that I'd equate to Tony, except Tony is a hell of a lot shiftier.

This EC team is special. You hear that a lot, but you look at the kids warm up and think...they are gonna get shelled...then they take the field.

Id really encourage you guys to be there at 3 on Saturday...SEC champ game be damned.

Queue the I ain't going to Oxford comments

Yalll have yourself a heck of a coach too in Seth. Last night was a tough one for me as I grew up with both Seth and the hc at poplarville (jay beech) ....heck of s game though

Coursesuper
11-25-2017, 08:29 PM
Tony worked for me the last two summers he’s a great kid.

Bama_Dawg
11-25-2017, 08:49 PM
Yalll have yourself a heck of a coach too in Seth. Last night was a tough one for me as I grew up with both Seth and the hc at poplarville (jay beech) ....heck of s game though

The game last night was exhausting. The 2nd half was like 2 heavyweights trading blows, neither refusing to go down. Poplarville is a heck of a team and has a great winning tradition. EC not so much until Seth came along. He's really been the Mullen of Hurley, and he's got those kids believing and the community is rallying behind them. As I told my brother, another EC and MSU alum, we are taking the maroon and white to OXFORD!

And oh yea, we've got a heck of a 2019 kicker too...

Coach34
11-25-2017, 08:53 PM
They better be ****ing good- Noxubee is loaded and as fast as anybody in the state. Their team speed is ridiculous.

We are looking to sign #8 for Noxubee- he was clocked at 4.34 at our camp this past summer.

parabrave
11-25-2017, 08:58 PM
Always see alot of Bulldogs from East Central, (Hurley Wade) at the signing day events. BTW how in the heck did EC get so good?

Coursesuper
11-25-2017, 09:01 PM
Always see alot of Bulldogs from East Central, (Hurley Wade) at the signing day events. BTW how in the heck did EC get so good?

They might be the best coached football team in seen in 20 years.

Bama_Dawg
11-25-2017, 09:03 PM

Seth Smith

And a guy named Kevin Fant, who coaches Defense...btw

Bama_Dawg
11-25-2017, 09:10 PM
They better be ****ing good- Noxubee is loaded and as fast as anybody in the state. Their team speed is ridiculous.

We are looking to sign #8 for Noxubee- he was clocked at 4.34 at our camp this past summer.

We need to be on #4 from EC. Rivals lists his 40 at 4.5 and thats just flat wrong. One guy all year ran him down, so it can be done. Its just hard using that 4.3 speed from your back tho, boys from Hurley can block, including some 6'5 kid named Cumbest...lol.

tcdog70
11-25-2017, 09:12 PM
If playing the hardest Schedule make you better , it is no wonder the Tigers finished strong. I'm an old School Tiger and several teams think the could beat them but have not had a lot of success. Noxubee played West Point, Starkville, Meridian , Columbus and West Monroe La. before they got into 4a teams. They for sure ain't scared to tee it up.

Coursesuper
11-25-2017, 09:13 PM
We need to be on #4 from EC. Rivals lists his 40 at 4.5 and thats just flat wrong. One guy all year ran him down, so it can be done. Its just hard using that 4.3 speed from your back tho, boys from Hurley can block, including some 6'5 kid named Cumbest...lol.

Tony is tiny, he’s a great back in south state 4A, but if he’s about 5’7” 170 soking wet. He a great kid.

Bama_Dawg
11-25-2017, 09:15 PM
Tony is tiny, he’s a great back in south state 4A, but if he’s about 5’7” 170 soking wet. He a great kid.

Just means he already has 20 lbs on Holloway out of HS.

bobtail bob
11-25-2017, 09:26 PM
Watched EC play in the spring and I could tell then there were going to be a tough out for someone. I was super impressed by the way they acted and carried themselves. You can tell they love their coach and he loves them. If this game weren't being played in Sodom I would probably go.

parabrave
11-25-2017, 09:28 PM

Seen his highlights on Friday Night football. Dam he is fast. BTW ol Shea Shea bro wasn't that good at SSC.

jbjones
11-25-2017, 10:07 PM
Another Hornet here. I was a member of the '93 10-0 team. Glad to see our record broken, and very happy they are playing for a State Title! Hornets!

PMDawg
11-26-2017, 12:31 AM

I also grew up with both. I was there last night cheering Jay on. Tony is definitely one of the best HS RBs Ive ever seen. Everybody says he is too small, but the kid can play. Crazy thing is he is more than speed. He is gonna make at least 3 yards after contact every time. He has that uncanny ability to find a tiny seam to fall forward into. He would never be an every down back in the SEC, but he could be a nightmare catching passes out of the backfield.

I was not impressed with our commit, Cumbest. Appears to have below average hands, pretty slow, not a great route runner....just gets by being 6'5".

Seth and Jay are great coaches, and great people. That was a heck of a game. Good luck EC. Word of advice though - the fans need to learn how to win gracefully. I'm sure they will if Seth stays bc they will get used to winning a lot.

parabrave
11-26-2017, 01:54 AM
Another Hornet here. I was a member of the '93 10-0 team. Glad to see our record broken, and very happy they are playing for a State Title! Hornets!

I remember we used to schedule EC for HC back in the 70's. And I went to a small Catholic school.

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2017, 02:14 AM
I won’t be there on Saturday. I would really like to see West Point play. People I know that have say they are one of the best HS teams From Mississippi in a number of years. The conference title game slate is just too good to pass up though. I am going Friday, and will stay the day. I’m a 1A guy and Simmons vs Nanih Wayia could be a 1A game for the ages. The 6A game is also very interesting.

Cooterpoot
11-26-2017, 08:13 AM
EC is one dimensional. They’re going to have a lot of trouble with Nox. I thought EC had a great defense until they gave up so much to Poplarville. But, EC is very well coached and that’s sometimes huge in a state championship. I’m thinking Nox will handle them though. Pulling for EC.

tcdog70
11-26-2017, 01:08 PM
Did EC play any 5A or 6A teams?

Bama_Dawg
11-26-2017, 01:56 PM
Did EC play any 5A or 6A teams?

Biloxi during regular season and a Jamboree with Goula