PDA

View Full Version : Well played and well managed (refs) in Iron Bowl

SailingDawg
11-25-2017, 06:40 PM
...why not Thursday night?

Apoplectic
11-25-2017, 06:42 PM
Guarantee you there is someone in the booth looking for official review situations from the bama staff. Wish we had one!!

Goldendawg
11-25-2017, 06:46 PM
The "refs" Thursday night were incompetent. The SEC has some horrible crews and it seemed like we got the bottom of the barrel most of the year. Our administration should send the film to the SEC office and suspensions of dirty players & incompetent officials should be made in 2018. Didn't someone post that the SEC Commissioner was there?

redstickdawg
11-25-2017, 06:54 PM
it is time for the refs to be directly employed by the NCAA and to make them professionals and no the rank amateurs like last Thursday. Not only were they incompetent, but there was certain bias as well, too much extra stuff going on and they did not control the BS.

SailingDawg
11-25-2017, 06:55 PM
The "refs" Thursday night were incompetent. The SEC has some horrible crews and it seemed like we got the bottom of the barrel most of the year. Our administration should send the film to the SEC office and suspensions of dirty players & incompetent officials should be made in 2018. Didn't someone post that the SEC Commissioner was there?

He was.

I think film is sent to the SEC office weekly but we don't hear the outcome, unless punishment is handed down. Dan downplayed this game all week so he's focusing on coaching and development. He was coaching up Logan Cooke after the game was over.

Goldendawg
11-25-2017, 07:03 PM
If he was coaching up Cooke, it will be to perhaps help make a NFL roster.

Jack Lambert
11-25-2017, 07:04 PM
He was.

I think film is sent to the SEC office weekly but we don't hear the outcome, unless punishment is handed down. Dan downplayed this game all week so he's focusing on coaching and development. He was coaching up Logan Cooke after the game was over.

All the SEC refs have to sit in the film room and get lectured on their mistakes. They can get suspended for bad games. Possibly be left out of bowl games due to bad calls or non calls.

Goldendawg
11-25-2017, 07:06 PM
Well about every crew we got this year should be suspended!

Bodawg
11-25-2017, 07:24 PM
Don't know about ya'll, but it was quite refreshing to watch two instate rivals where there was no targeting quarterbacks ankles and knees. No dog pissing in the end zone. No players ejected for unsportsman like conduct. No agitating the opposing teams fans after scoring. No running out to midfield after the game and planting your flag. We could only wish we had an instate rival with some class. They are an embarrassment to this state and the Sec.

Goldendawg
11-25-2017, 07:31 PM
Yeah, the SEC office sent us an incompetent group of officials who were cowards to boot and didn't even want to work the game. There should be serious actions taken by the SEC office. BTW, we were at the game and I watched it twice on replay. They had very little control over the game. Compare it to the Iron Bowl.

Commercecomet24
11-25-2017, 07:42 PM
Don't know about ya'll, but it was quite refreshing to watch two instate rivals where there was no targeting quarterbacks ankles and knees. No dog pissing in the end zone. No players ejected for unsportsman like conduct. No agitating the opposing teams fans after scoring. No running out to midfield after the game and planting your flag. We could only wish we had an instate rival with some class. They are an embarrassment to this state and the Sec.

My sentiments exactly:

SailingDawg
11-25-2017, 08:39 PM

This was my (unwritten) point.

Refs, too

LC Dawg
11-25-2017, 08:42 PM
I keep seeing comments online about both teams in the Egg Bowl being out of line but I didn?t see much out of us other than an extra shove a few times. Ole Miss had a guy hike his leg in the end zone, a guy kicked out, and multiple dirty plays.

Bodawg
11-25-2017, 08:55 PM
This was my (unwritten) point.

Refs, too

Know where you were going brother, just wanted to spell it out.

TUSK
11-25-2017, 09:03 PM
Guarantee you there is someone in the booth looking for official review situations from the bama staff. Wish we had one!!

REC doin' werk.... wait... what?

crap, we lost....

tcdog70
11-25-2017, 09:19 PM
Did we refuse to shake their hands at the coin toss? If so that is bush league.

SailingDawg
11-25-2017, 09:28 PM

No, some reb took a screenshot of a frozen image from the coin toss. Everyone shook hands.

BrunswickDawg
11-25-2017, 09:31 PM
No. We shook hands. That whole thing was BS based on a photo. They stuck their hands out first and it happened to get caught on film.