PDA

View Full Version : Has ESPN apologized yet

Dawg61
11-25-2017, 02:48 PM
for that horribly mismanaged 5 minutes right after Fitz got intentionally injured by Speaks? I could not believe they didn't cut to commercial.

Activated Alpha
11-25-2017, 03:19 PM
When they realized the extent of his injury, you can tell they immediately switched to a different cameraman.

BrunswickDawg
11-25-2017, 04:21 PM
I watched the first half this morning. First - it seemed like it was a lot longer than 5 minutes sitting in the stands. Seemed like it was forever. Second - I actually thought they stayed with it for legit reasons. It?s not like they kept showing the replay over and over. In the one replay they showed it was immediately after the play, and you can?t fault them for that when they didn?t know the extent of the injury. They spent that time praising Nick and what he meant to the team. I saw nothing wrong with it. If they had cut away, wouldn?t have had that great scene of Nick leaving the field and him flipping off Key.

MeridianDog
11-25-2017, 04:32 PM
They spent that time praising Nick and what he meant to the team. I saw nothing wrong with it. If they had cut away, wouldn?t have had that great scene of Nick leaving the field and him flipping off Key.

This. They had no game plan for the move OM made against Nick. Likely thought they would next rush the field with rebel flags and sabers drawn. There was no way ESPN wanted to miss that.

BrunswickDawg
11-25-2017, 04:47 PM
This. They had no game plan for the move OM made against Nick. Likely thought they would next rush the field with rebel flags and sabers drawn. There was no way ESPN wanted to miss that.
Well, to a degree, it was the last gasp of the Confederacy. kind of like after Atlanta fell and Sherman headed to the Sea and Hood thought it was a good idea to march north on some wild idea of attacking Cincinnati.

whosyourdawgy
11-25-2017, 05:59 PM
for that horribly mismanaged 5 minutes right after Fitz got intentionally injured by Speaks? I could not believe they didn't cut to commercial.

Speaks wasn’t the one that caused the injury. Gates is the one that caused it. Speaks was tackling him high

Dawg61
11-25-2017, 06:08 PM
Speaks wasn’t the one that caused the injury. Gates is the one that caused it. Speaks was tackling him high

Thanks for correcting me. I thought Speaks was the one spearing with his helmet low and rolling.

Commercecomet24
11-25-2017, 06:10 PM
Well, to a degree, it was the last gasp of the Confederacy. kind of like after Atlanta fell and Sherman headed to the Sea and Hood thought it was a good idea to march north on some wild idea of attacking Cincinnati.

Exactly how I see it. Great analogy!