PDA

View Full Version : Riley fired at Nebraska

preachermatt83
11-25-2017, 11:24 AM
Now uf bout to be in another battle for a coach.

Spiderman
11-25-2017, 11:26 AM
Now uf bout to be in another battle for a coach.

yep, although not surprising.

Best silly season ever

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2017, 11:29 AM
I still think UF will get a good coach.

The problem is for schools like OM & Ark & where they fall in the pecking order.

When the top 2 coaching candidates don't choose the top jobs, it schools at the bottom of the pecking order get pushed down even further.

OM & Ark really needed Chip to go to FL, Gruden to TN, etc so that guys like Norvell, Campbell, Brohm, etc fell to them. Now that won't happen

OM fans don't want to hear this, but it's in their best interest to hire Luke for 2 years & then see who is available.

Dawgology
11-25-2017, 11:30 AM
This is stupid and a lot of coaches are about to make a lot of money because of it. How stupid of an AD do you have to be to fire your coach in the middle of all of this. Mark my words, someone is about to make more than Saban (at least until Bama fixes it).

Leeshouldveflanked
11-25-2017, 11:30 AM
Be interesting to see what Frost does..... he's going to make some $$$ regardless.

civildawg
11-25-2017, 11:32 AM
Frost is going to Nebraska. Florida will wind up with taggart or strong

Ifyouonlyknew
11-25-2017, 11:34 AM
This is stupid and a lot of coaches are about to make a lot of money because of it. How stupid of an AD do you have to be to fire your coach in the middle of all of this. Mark my words, someone is about to make more than Saban (at least until Bama fixes it).

Nobody is about to make more than $11mil/yr that's what Saban makes.

civildawg
11-25-2017, 11:36 AM
For the 100th time, Saban does not make 11-12 million a year. He makes around 7.5 per year. It?s only 11 million this year because a signing bonus was due to him this year

fader2103
11-25-2017, 11:37 AM
The only thing with Campbell is his buyout is outrageous with around 9 mm

Dawgology
11-25-2017, 11:39 AM

You need focus on ironing out your contract extension with State and closing out this recruiting cycle. Not on this board posting.

Spiderman
11-25-2017, 11:42 AM
And Kelly took UCLA for what we pay Mullen.

Lot of time names get tossed for jobs but there is no fit, especially among the Top Tier coaches.

I bet Fla. offered more $

fader2103
11-25-2017, 11:42 AM

Isn?t it in Saban?s contract that he has to be the highest paid coach in the nation?

preachermatt83
11-25-2017, 12:08 PM
yep, although not surprising.

Best silly season ever

Yup. And I love silly season!! I know most don't but I do.

BulldogBear
11-25-2017, 01:32 PM

Lot of time names get tossed for jobs but there is no fit, especially among the Top Tier coaches.

The funny thing is that means Kelly dId not get paid what Dan Mullen makes because the same amount money in Mississippi is more capital than in SoCal.

MetEdDawg
11-25-2017, 02:00 PM
UF will lose the battle for Frost with Nebraska. Which means UF is gonna be in a position to have to settle for option C or D. This year was a bad year for UF to be in a war with other programs for a solid, proven HC.

Political Hack
11-25-2017, 02:42 PM
Nobody wants to go to Florida after they fired a national championship winning coach for refusing to change his offense. What’s funny is that everyone will blame Strick, but it’s really the Bull Gators fault for how they’ve mingled way too much. It’s why Mullen will never go back. It’s why Meyer is kicking ass at Ohio State. It’s why they couldn’t hire Chip Kelly.

Throw Kirby at UGA & Jimbo at FSU on top of that and they’re screwed. All the money in the world can’t dig them out of this mess.

Spiderman
11-25-2017, 02:46 PM
UF will lose the battle for Frost with Nebraska. Which means UF is gonna be in a position to have to settle for option C or D. This year was a bad year for UF to be in a war with other programs for a solid, proven HC.

If they 100% wanted Kelly, they should have locked him up weeks ago.

CadaverDawg
11-25-2017, 02:46 PM
Gotta love the article saying Nebraska may be interested in Mullen.

What are these people smoking? Tommy Frazier ain’t still suiting up in Lincoln, that job sucks now. In fact, they may have to settle for hiring a Tommy Frazier as HC. I wish there was a way to hold these so called reporters responsible for stirring bullshit up with no truth at all

Coursesuper
11-25-2017, 02:49 PM

I bet your right, I think that these coaches know that Fla is a toxic soup. Fla is going to struggle to find the right guy and I bet they are going to compromise more than they ever thought that they would have to.

Commercecomet24
11-25-2017, 02:56 PM

What are these people smoking? Tommy Frazier ain’t still suiting up in Lincoln, that job sucks now. In fact, they may have to settle for hiring a Tommy Frazier as HC. I wish there was a way to hold these so called reporters responsible for stirring bullshit up with no truth at all

Lol if Dan ain?t going to ut or uf there?s no way in heck he?d go to Nebraska, Larry the cable guys money notwithstanding.

MetEdDawg
11-25-2017, 02:57 PM

It hasn’t been quite as bad in the past (even though it was still not good), but this go around has been way way worse with Mullen to wherever. ESPN basically did a farewell tour for Dan on tv towards the end of the Egg Bowl. It was awful and I think really really hurt us. Perpetuating rumor and speculation as fact. It was difficult to listen to as a fan so I can’t imagine a recruit or other interested player or family felt good about it. University should be pissed.