PDA

View Full Version : Is Mayden a Dec. grad?

Bodaski
11-25-2017, 10:49 AM
If so, that would be great to get him in like Keyteon did and go through spring practice. Setting Fitz out in the spring would be great for KT and Mayden going into next season. They both would get a lot of 1st and 2nd team reps, very beneficial to the 2 young QB's and team as well.

Liverpooldawg
11-25-2017, 10:51 AM
Mayden looks like the real deal. I’ve seen stuff from out of Texas. The kid can play. That school he goes to isn’t a traditional power and he has them rolling.

msstate7
11-25-2017, 10:53 AM
Man, I hear you, but fitz needs work too

Todd4State
11-25-2017, 10:54 AM
Man, I hear you, but fitz needs work too

This is true. Fortunately he should be back by the spring of all goes well.

Coursesuper
11-25-2017, 10:56 AM
I'm hearing he isn't going to sign in Dec.

Bubb Rubb
11-25-2017, 10:57 AM

And that's okay. He's expected to redshirt unless something catastrophic happens next year with our QBs anyway.

msstate7
11-25-2017, 10:58 AM
It was an injury that opened the door for dak to become our starter. I am a huge fitz guy, but I think key will be closing gap quickly with a full bowl practice and fitz potentially missing some spring.

msstate7
11-25-2017, 10:58 AM

Why?

MafiaDawg
11-25-2017, 11:00 AM
What exactly did you see that makes you think key is closing the gap? Not saying he wont be good but fitz is clearly a lot better right now and will be next year.

msstate7
11-25-2017, 11:05 AM
What exactly did you see that makes you think key is closing the gap? Not saying he wont be good but fitz is clearly a lot better right now and will be next year.

I don?t see anything at the moment. Key will be much better just taking first team snaps for bowl practice though. I never said key would overtake fitz, but I do believe the gap will be closed a good bit come summer

msbulldog
Hey guys, what if KT got injured Thursday night? What now? Need at least 3 QB's. Hard to get, but at least have a 3rd guy ready.

Coach34
Fitz won’t be doing much at all this Spring

WSOPdawg
11-25-2017, 11:06 AM
It was an injury that opened the door for dak to become our starter. I am a huge fitz guy, but I think key will be closing gap quickly with a full bowl practice and fitz potentially missing some spring.

I fully expect a Chris Leak/Tim Tebow and Prescott/Tyler Russell type of QB-sharing role. If anything, this injury to Fitz showed that we should have found a way to get Key more work during the season than we did. Even when Cam Newton was at UF, he was a backup but still got a lot of PT his freshman year prior to transferring out.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2017, 11:09 AM
I fully expect a Chris Leak/Tim Tebow and Prescott/Tyler Russell type of QB-sharing role. If anything, this injury to Fitz showed that we should have found a way to get Key more work during the season than we did. Even when Cam Newton was at UF, he was a backup but still got a lot of PT his freshman year prior to transferring out.

I don't see it that way.

Leak/Tebow & Prescott/Russell worked because they were contrasting styles.

Fitz/Key are not contrasting styles. I agree that Key needs to play more, it would be illogical to use them in a dual capacity.

Coursesuper
11-25-2017, 11:10 AM
Why?

Texas is keeping him warm from what I'm hearing.

msstate7
11-25-2017, 11:11 AM

Great. Who is our backup plan?

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2017, 11:22 AM

Eh, I don't agree with this & I doubt the kid would go to Texas over what we have right now.

I bet he signs in Dec.

If there was concern, we'd hear about other QBs popping up on the radar. I've never even heard Texas involved with him & I think Texas would love to have Mayden

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-25-2017, 11:24 AM

Not true

Ifyouonlyknew
11-25-2017, 11:24 AM

There are no worries with Mayden. As long as Dan is here so is Mayden. By the way Texas has 2 QB's already committed they're not on Mayden.