PDA

View Full Version : Fitz - Warrior, Leader

BrunswickDawg
11-24-2017, 06:45 PM
I?ve made the trek back to coastal GA, and am now in the stands for Glynn Academy?s 3rd Round Playoff match up against the Harrison Hoyas.

I?ve been reading and catching up on threads and there is something I think needs to be added. We saw two displays of culture last night that exposed the hearts of two programs. On one hand, you had the death cry of a team showing the desperation of staving off the inevitable. On the other hand, you had leaders placing the team before themselves and keeping their heads when everything around them said quit and fold your tents.

Over the past 3 years there has been a lot of doubt and criticism shared on this board of coaches, players, and perceptions. Last night, we saw the culmination of the last 9 years of building a culture at MSU. A star player - a warrior in every sense of the word - showed real leadership in the way he approached the unknown of a potentially catastrophic injury. He made sure his team was ok. He made them laugh in the face of fear. He showed the world what he was made of, what our program and school attracts and produces. All the while, the other school is literally pissing their public perception away.

Give me Dan Mullen and the kids he recruits. Give me Nick Fitzgerald and the leadership he exudes. I?ll take them all day long over the stars and cultural morass of The Flagship anytime.

bulldawg28
11-24-2017, 06:46 PM
Amen.

HoopsDawg
11-24-2017, 06:47 PM
Nick is a complete bad ass. Love him and Jeff Simmons.

Commercecomet24
11-24-2017, 06:48 PM
Very well said! The difference of our 2 schools and 2 programs were on complete display for the whole country to see last night! Glad I was born a Dawg!

justwin
11-24-2017, 07:08 PM
I?ve made the trek back to coastal GA, and am now in the stands for Glynn Academy?s 3rd Round Playoff match up against the Harrison Hoyas.

I?ve been reading and catching up on threads and there is something I think needs to be added. We saw two displays of culture last night that exposed the hearts of two programs. On one hand, you had the death cry of a team showing the desperation of staving off the inevitable. On the other hand, you had leaders placing the team before themselves and keeping their heads when everything around them said quit and fold your tents.

Over the past 3 years there has been a lot of doubt and criticism shared on this board of coaches, players, and perceptions. Last night, we saw the culmination of the last 9 years of building a culture at MSU. A star player - a warrior in every sense of the word - showed real leadership in the way he approached the unknown of a potentially catastrophic injury. He made sure his team was ok. He made them laugh in the face of fear. He showed the world what he was made of, what our program and school attracts and produces. All the while, the other school is literally pissing their public perception away.

Give me Dan Mullen and the kids he recruits. Give me Nick Fitzgerald and the leadership he exudes. I?ll take them all day long over the stars and cultural morass of The Flagship anytime.

Other than getting healthy, All Fitz needs to work on for next 9 months is the deep ball. That equates to 40+ tds total which probably puts him in NYC. He's good to go on everything else. Desperately needs some WRs too. Last night shows how much Fitz has masked the wr defiencies sourced to gonzo

I_Spy
11-24-2017, 07:14 PM
Nick is tough and is completely a playmaker. Same with Jeff Simmons, he just has to move and he makes plays, sometime without even knowing he's made them, like the QB sack he almost had but thought ta'amu had handed the ball off. Hard work pays off and all of our guys work hard. And are truly tough.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-24-2017, 07:15 PM
If anyone didn't realize just how valuable Fitz is to this team, I'm sure they know it today. For him to accumulate the numbers he has is remarkable. Let's get him some WR's to get open next year and open this thing up even more. Saw where Whop tweeted that LSU has cancelled his official. That is good news for us.