PDA

View Full Version : Bielema

msstate7
11-24-2017, 06:28 PM
He dumb. Mizzou scored td with about 1:20 left, but was holding. Decline penalty and get ball back. Instead mizzou milks clock and kicks short fg to win it. Why do coaches not let teams score in that situation?

TrapGame
11-24-2017, 06:33 PM
I'm gonna miss Fat Bert.

Activated Alpha
11-24-2017, 06:42 PM
Yeah that's one thing I was always enjoy about Bielema. We always seemed to match up well against his teams

Dawg61
11-24-2017, 06:43 PM
Bert is all kinds of dumb

Spiderman
11-24-2017, 06:49 PM
He dumb. Mizzou scored td with about 1:20 left, but was holding. Decline penalty and get ball back. Instead mizzou milks clock and kicks short fg to win it. Why do coaches not let teams score in that situation?

I know what you are saying but it is a hell of a gamble. An old coaching axiom is " make em snap it again" . Anything can happen if you do.

It just goes against your dna and everything you've been taught to just let the other team score. You, as a coach, don't think like that.

Kinda like the guy that never punts and onside kicks everytime. He is the exception to the rule. He thinks way out of the box. But he wins so he's a genius.

But he's the only one with guts to do it. I heard an old coach, when asked about that guy, say " That ole boy must not be able to coach defense worth a damn."

Like I said a gamble. A normal coach is just about not gonna do it. Bert probably should have tried it because he is toast any way. But like I said, coaches just don't think that way. Bet it never entered is mind.

civildawg
11-24-2017, 06:49 PM
Dang he got fired right after the clocks hit zero

Spiderman
11-24-2017, 06:50 PM
I'm gonna miss Fat Bert.

Me too. We handled him but he could beat OM.

And he isn't that bad a coach. Again it's all about fit, and I never saw the fit there.

Bully13
11-24-2017, 07:03 PM
Never understood his last name. Don't think he's regurgitated too much food.

was21
11-24-2017, 07:05 PM
Never understood his last name. Don't think he's regurgitated too much food.

I lol'ed