PDA

View Full Version : Fitzgerald Prognosis

Snowman79
11-24-2017, 04:29 PM
Anyone know how long he?ll be out? Got about 9 months till the 2018 season begins.

BrunswickDawg
11-24-2017, 04:30 PM
Anyone know how long he?ll be out? Got about 9 months till the 2018 season begins.

Surgery this morning went well. Out 6-8 weeks before beginning rehab. His Dad says he will be back for spring practice.

MaroonFlounder
11-24-2017, 04:32 PM
Full mobility and speed will be questionable. And we all know, that’s where his strength is. He better develop some accuracy with that arm.

MafiaDawg
Guess you mean weeks.

Dawgface
I predict he will be out until next season. ;) I've read he may be ok for light duty in the Spring.

Commercecomet24
11-24-2017, 04:37 PM
From what I?ve heard he will make a complete recovery. Treadwell had a worse injury than this and it didn?t affect his mobility at all. Nick does he rehab right he will be 100% what he was by next fall.

BrunswickDawg
11-24-2017, 04:38 PM
Guess you mean weeks.

Yeah - fixed that

Dawgology
11-24-2017, 04:40 PM
Surgery this morning went well. Out 6-8 weeks before beginning rehab. His Dad says he will be back for spring practice.

That’s great. He still had a lot of career left.

Todd4State
11-24-2017, 04:40 PM
If it was what I think it was- he will probably be out the 6-8 weeks and I think he has a very good chance at 100% recovery. I think he is going to be extra motivated next year as well. That's bad news for the rest of the league. He had a chance to set the SEC record for rushing yards by a QB.

BrunswickDawg
11-24-2017, 04:42 PM
From what I?ve heard he will make a complete recovery. Treadwell had a worse injury than this and it didn?t affect his mobility at all. Nick does he rehab right he will be 100% what he was by next fall.

Yeah - he was actually pretty lucky. It wasn?t like it was a Robert Edwards type injury that crushed bone. Clean break and dislocation - with strong rehab - and he can definitely comeback full speed.

Commercecomet24
11-24-2017, 04:45 PM
Yeah - he was actually pretty lucky. It wasn?t like it was a Robert Edwards type injury that crushed bone. Clean break and dislocation - with strong rehab - and he can definitely comeback full speed.

Yep no doubt. With no nerve damage there?s no reason he won?t be 100% provided he commits himself to his rehab, that?s the real key to being 100% again. As much of a competitor that Nick is I have no doubt he?s gonna work his butt off and be a man on a misesion come next fall. Love Nick and praying for a complete recovery!

GreenheadDawg
11-24-2017, 04:54 PM
Full mobility and speed will be questionable. And we all know, that’s where his strength is. He better develop some accuracy with that arm.

I see a lot of orthopedic surgery and if he doesn’t have nerve and extensive ligament damage like reported he should make a full recovery. Hope the kid comes back 100%

Bothrops
11-24-2017, 04:59 PM
He will lose a step, there's no question about it. I honestly don't think we run him nearly as much even if he recovers well. Big opportunities for the RB's next season.

RiverCityDawg
11-24-2017, 05:06 PM
He will lose a step, there's no question about it.

Serious question - Are you a doctor, or more specifically, Nick's doctor? Just want to know the context behind such a definitive statement.

Commercecomet24
11-24-2017, 05:07 PM
I have a lot of orthos as clients, even Dr Andrews clinic in bham. If there was no nerve damage and he commits to rehab no reason he can?t be 100%. None.

DownwardDawg
11-24-2017, 05:10 PM
He will lose a step, there's no question about it. I honestly don't think we run him nearly as much even if he recovers well. Big opportunities for the RB's next season.

He wasn't gonna run near as much next year anyway. It's Mullen's MO. You could see over the past few games that he was getting much more accurate. Mullen is bringing him along just like Dak.

HaggardDawg
11-24-2017, 05:16 PM
Question for you orthos, doctors, etc. I?ve never seen a player scream in agony like that in a sport setting. What does the on the field training staff do in those circumstances for pain? Once Fitz sat up, he seemed to be in much less pain. And obviously he was on the sidelines later. How?

Commercecomet24
11-24-2017, 05:20 PM
Question for you orthos, doctors, etc. I?ve never seen a player scream in agony like that in a sport setting. What does the on the field training staff do in those circumstances for pain? Once Fitz sat up, he seemed to be in much leoss pain. And obviously he was on the sidelines later. How?

In a lot of cases they have a quick injection pain killer like morphine similar to what?s used in combat. Not sure what we use but I know some programs that?s what is used.

ETA I?m not an ortho but I am in the medical industry and have a lot of clients that are orthos that I see.

HoopsDawg
11-24-2017, 05:30 PM

We should start spring ball as late as possible.

Commercecomet24
11-24-2017, 05:32 PM

Great idea

MSUMatt
11-24-2017, 05:35 PM
I had the exact same injury and operation along the same time frame 1st or 2nd week of November. Baseball started in February and I didn?t miss a rep. As injuries go, you can bounce back pretty quick with this one.

Commercecomet24
11-24-2017, 05:39 PM
I had the exact same injury and operation along the same time frame 1st or 2nd week of November. Baseball started in February and I didn?t miss a rep. As injuries go, you can bounce back pretty quick with this one.

Thanks for sharing that. Good stuff.

Yep as long as there?s no nerve or extensive vascular damage no reason not to make a complete recovery

Todd4State
11-24-2017, 06:02 PM

Super Bulldog Weekend is Ole Miss weekend in baseball I believe. I think it's early in March?

State82
11-24-2017, 06:06 PM
Serious question - Are you a doctor, or more specifically, Nick's doctor? Just want to know the context behind such a definitive statement.

Yeah so would I. It's laughable that a statement like that can be made without even examining the tests, X-rays, MRI, patient, etc. James Andrews wouldn't even make that kind of statement without reviewing the particular case. He may say that Fitz COULD lose a step depending on a myriad of factors or he may not.