PDA

View Full Version : How do we fix

Sacrifice
11-24-2017, 11:47 AM
Our secondary? Our pass rush is not the problem. These receivers are getting open in about 3 sec and were consistanly getting beat deep.
We play in the SEC so we?ll be seeing top notch receivers all the time.

Is there some talent on our team now that needs developing? Is there any recruits we?re going after that can play right away? Maybe some jucos? Is it coaching?

In our 4 loses we got obliterated by the opposing teams receivers. Thoughts?

Bully13
11-24-2017, 11:50 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess the answer would be "crootin".

msstate7
11-24-2017, 11:53 AM
Cannot help but wonder if shaq Wiggins could have really helped this season. Hope he enjoyed his senior year at tenn HAHAHAHA

Todd4State
11-24-2017, 11:54 AM
We also have up two long runs for touchdowns as well. Just as many as the secondary on deep passes. Every team gives up long passes some. We just notice and remember the bad and the good not as much.

But you are correct that we need to get better in the secondary. Starting our best guys at corner would help. It should have been Peters and Dantlzer all year with Durr rotating in with Dantzler and Tolando should have been a nickleback. The safeties seem to be overaggressive at times and I would think that's some on coaching and some on their instincts.

Sacrifice
11-24-2017, 12:01 PM
I don?t understand why we don?t do what the NFL does and give the other teams best receiver the star treatment.
Put our best db on their best rec the entire game. How AJ kept getting matched up with Gray or a safety one on one is just dumb on our part.

1bigdawg
11-24-2017, 01:52 PM
Is it recruiting, coaching or scheme. It is a problem and it is hard to identify the cause.

Mjoelner34
11-24-2017, 02:13 PM
I don?t understand why we don?t do what the NFL does and give the other teams best receiver the star treatment.
Put our best db on their best rec the entire game. How AJ kept getting matched up with Gray or a safety one on one is just dumb on our part.

Our best DB is like saying our tallest midget. On Brown's TD he was 10 yards behind Bryant who people have said is the fastest player on the team. Being fleet of foot isn't our problem. It's with another part of the body.

WinningIsRelentless
11-24-2017, 02:15 PM
The safeties are the ones that killed us. Aj last td was the perfect example of this. Bryant was the bracket over the top thus his only responsibility is to not let AJ get over the top of him and guess what he did. The reason he did was because he bit like hell on the play fake and it allowed brown over the top.

The safeties first move is always a 3 step drop and we don't do it.