PDA

View Full Version : I?m upset about an 8-4 season and tsun is ecstatic over an Egg Bowl victory

Dawgology
11-24-2017, 11:30 AM
And 6 wins.

Let that sink in.

We?ve taken a big step forward in this program.

Time to take the next one.

Todd4State
11-24-2017, 11:38 AM
Have to win the Egg Bowl every year regardless.

maroonmania
11-24-2017, 11:43 AM

Yep, living in AL and we lose to OM, AL and Auburn. Only a so so year for me at best even with the 8 wins.

Bully13
11-24-2017, 11:47 AM
If had a choice, woulda taken a pig loss vs that holiday / year ruining turd we laid last night.

Dawgology
11-24-2017, 11:49 AM
Yep, living in AL and we lose to OM, AL and Auburn. Only a so so year for me at best even with the 8 wins.

This is my point. No doubt the loss hurt but the rebs no it was a hollow victory. We lost our MVP in the first quarter our starting QB and still almost beat them. Tsun isnt magically getting better next year but we will be. We won 8 games this year which is about what our baseline should be from here on out. 8 win seasons are the new normal.

msbulldog
11-24-2017, 11:49 AM
Hail State!

Reason2succeed
11-24-2017, 12:57 PM
But I thought LSU was their real rival?!?!?!?

BuckyIsAB****
11-24-2017, 01:21 PM

Point blank period.

Martianlander
11-24-2017, 01:53 PM
Terrible loss. Poor coaching.

Goldendawg
11-24-2017, 02:07 PM
UNM now wants it more than our Coach does. Two years ago we were unprepared and they win and go to the Sugar Bowl instead of us. Last night was terrible with what happened to Fritz and the 5 turnovers, but you could tell when they hit the field they wanted it more than us. Another loss to them and no chance at a NYD bowl. Hello, freezing in a half empty Nashville or Memphis stadium again. To me we are stuck at about 8 wins, beat the OOC teams (4), Ky (1), bad Arky team (barely), aTm with troubles of their own, and a good win against LSU. Beating UNM is terribly important to break into 9 to 10 win territory. I've given up on about anyone beating bama, especially us, they have ruined the SEC. Ga and AU another story this year, but we are not at their level. JMO.

Dawgology
11-24-2017, 02:21 PM
UNM now wants it more than our Coach does. Two years ago we were unprepared and they win and go to the Sugar Bowl instead of us. Last night was terrible with what happened to Fritz and the 5 turnovers, but you could tell when they hit the field they wanted it more than us. Another loss to them and no chance at a NYD bowl. Hello, freezing in a half empty Nashville or Memphis stadium again. To me we are stuck at about 8 wins, beat the OOC teams (4), Ky (1), bad Arky team (barely), aTm with troubles of their own, and a good win against LSU. Beating UNM is terribly important to break into 9 to 10 win territory. I've given up on about anyone beating bama, especially us, they have ruined the SEC. Ga and AU another story this year, but we are not at their level. JMO.

Stuck at 8 wins!!! LMFAO!!! Sweet summer child...

WinningIsRelentless
11-24-2017, 02:47 PM

You sir know nothing about football with a statement like that.

yjnkdawg
11-24-2017, 03:10 PM
Luke and McGrff should be proud of the high character and playing a good clean game that their players so excellently exemplified.*** All OM is concerned about as they always have been is winning even if it is trying to injure an opposing player. See Trae Elston ...Screw them!!!

DudyDawg
11-24-2017, 03:13 PM

Five turnovers

Goldendawg
11-24-2017, 03:37 PM
The guy next to me said "stats are for losers" when I pointed out time of possession, first downs, total yardage, etc. Hard for anyone to overcome 5 turnovers, but 31 -28 is of course the stat that will be remembered. We still should have won. Still beat by their 2nd team QB and Luke/Mongo/ and Crimedawg as far as coaching goes.

Jack Lambert
11-24-2017, 06:05 PM
This is my point. No doubt the loss hurt but the rebs no it was a hollow victory. We lost our MVP in the first quarter our starting QB and still almost beat them. Tsun isnt magically getting better next year but we will be. We won 8 games this year which is about what our baseline should be from here on out. 8 win seasons are the new normal.

Reality will set back in next week.

I_Spy
11-24-2017, 06:11 PM
I actually didn't mind because I knew losing Nick was not good considering OM had no one who could catch him. I however, enjoyed watching KT, and Kylins touchdown is the epitome of bulldog and his burst so ...

Todd4State
11-24-2017, 06:16 PM
The guy next to me said "stats are for losers" when I pointed out time of possession, first downs, total yardage, etc. Hard for anyone to overcome 5 turnovers, but 31 -28 is of course the stat that will be remembered. We still should have won. Still beat by their 2nd team QB and Luke/Mongo/ and Crimedawg as far as coaching goes.

Technically five turnovers is a stat.

Martianlander
11-24-2017, 07:41 PM
You sir know nothing about football with a statement like that.
I've documented in the other thread if you want to look. Dan was totally out coached.

WinningIsRelentless
11-24-2017, 07:43 PM
I've documented in the other thread if you want to look. Dan was totally out coached.

No everything you said got blown up. He didn't get out coached.

maroonmania
11-24-2017, 08:21 PM
I actually didn't mind because I knew losing Nick was not good considering OM had no one who could catch him. I however, enjoyed watching KT, and Kylins touchdown is the epitome of bulldog and his burst so ...

Our biggest issue this year is that really Fitz is our only explosive player on offense and that is when he runs. We have no WRs that stretch the field and we have had very few breakaway plays from RBs either. We grind on defenses but we don't have much ability at all to score quickly. In comparison, OM has 3 or 4 WRs that can all hit a HR at any time and Wilkins has even become a threat to break one at RB. Mullen and staff have just done a really poor job at signing offensive players that can stress a defense and when Nick went down last night it really showed. When that OM defense only gives up 28 point to a P5 opponent its a moral victory for them.

Dawgology
11-24-2017, 08:24 PM

You’re a for real dumbass. If you actually can’t understand how losing the #1 player on our team (our QB nonetheless) and leading offensive playmaker absolutely put us behind the 8-ball then I don’t know what to say. You understand that Mullen didn’t fumble the ball right?? You understand a true freshman was in there playing against a team of dick faces that were actively trying to injure him like they did Fitz, right?? You’re a fuxking moron. Please stop posting.

You literally have no clue what you are talking about.

GreenheadDawg
11-24-2017, 08:27 PM
Five turnovers

Yeh Mullen really sucks after he fumbled all those times.

I_Spy
11-24-2017, 08:30 PM
I know Nick is vital in this teams strength but I've seen good runs, explosive ones with aeris, Gibson and Kylin. I believe our 2 tight end set works because all the announcers says every game, man, their tight ends sure are WIDE OPEN. But they don't get the ball all the time, and truly sometimes they drop them. I think our receivers and passing game could be a lil better, but our strength is to run obviously with Nick but we need or its crucial to make the pass plays when they set it up to free them (receivers)

I_Spy
11-24-2017, 08:35 PM
But go back when auburn was good, beat bama, a few years ago, all they did was run but when they made the pass it connected and they were in national champ game, I guess.

DudyDawg
11-24-2017, 08:36 PM
Yeh Mullen really sucks after he fumbled all those times.

I know. He must have forgotten to keep three points of contact.

Martianlander
11-24-2017, 08:50 PM
You’re a for real dumbass. If you actually can’t understand how losing the #1 player on our team (our QB nonetheless) and leading offensive playmaker absolutely put us behind the 8-ball then I don’t know what to say. You understand that Mullen didn’t fumble the ball right?? You understand a true freshman was in there playing against a team of dick faces that were actively trying to injure him like they did Fitz, right?? You’re a fuxking moron. Please stop posting.

You literally have no clue what you are talking about.

Yeah keep calling me names. That's intelligent. Ignore that unm was very very so so and we still couldn't beat them. I understand our best player got hurt (probably on purpose) but you've got to have a plan. Just like if an employee is sick or quits you've got to be able to adjust. Everyone is taking offense but the facts are Ole Miss has not been able to run the ball all year or protect the quarterback against descent teams. They did against us.
I am certainly not advocating firing Mullen. I'm just saying if he goes it might be best for both parties.
Hey if he's back he's got my total support.

maroonmania
11-24-2017, 09:26 PM
I know Nick is vital in this teams strength but I've seen good runs, explosive ones with aeris, Gibson and Kylin. I believe our 2 tight end set works because all the announcers says every game, man, their tight ends sure are WIDE OPEN. But they don't get the ball all the time, and truly sometimes they drop them. I think our receivers and passing game could be a lil better, but our strength is to run obviously with Nick but we need or its crucial to make the pass plays when they set it up to free them (receivers)

Guess it depends on your definition of explosive but while our RBs had some nice 15-20 yard type gains against good competition there were no breakaway long TD runs this year like we have had in the past with guys like Dixon, Ballard, and Josh Robinson.

Jack Lambert
11-24-2017, 09:31 PM
They still have rented mercenaries on their team and only won 6 games.