PDA

View Full Version : The Call on the On-Side Kick was Good

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2017, 10:33 AM
Just to settle this conspiracy, the call was correct that we touched the onside kick prior to 10 yards. Just poorly executed. If #36 just goes & hits the OM guy, we easily recover it.

https://i.imgur.com/rJsaltB.jpg

msstate7
11-24-2017, 10:34 AM
Boy, dantzler has had a rough last 6 days.

bluelightstar
11-24-2017, 10:37 AM
Obviously hate it, but it's hard for me to be too upset at a sophomore for touching the ball a few inches too soon on a bang-bang play like that.

starkvegasdawg
11-24-2017, 10:39 AM
Obviously hate it, but it's hard for me to be too upset at a sophomore for touching the ball a few inches too soon on a bang-bang play like that.
I agree. Knowing our luck on grabbing loose balls if he lets it go we probably kick it 50 yards down field and then let TSUN recover it.

msbulldog
11-24-2017, 10:41 AM
I agree. Knowing our luck on grabbing loose balls if he lets it go we probably kick it 50 yards down field and then let TSUN recover it.

LOL Vegas. kind of seems that's the way things have happened this season.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2017, 10:52 AM
Based on his body position it probably was the right call but you can’t tell exactly where the ball is from that shot. I am a avid amateur/occasional pro photographer and sports is what I do. Angles can do funny things in images. Sometimes what you are seeing isn’t really what you are seeing. If that’s the shot used in a replay review, the on the field call should stand, it wouldn’t be a definitive either way.

redstickdawg
11-24-2017, 10:54 AM
Boy, dantzler has had a rough last 6 days.

not a lot of football awareness yet in those cleats, several issues at Ark and this. Almost cost us in fayatenam.

RocketDawg
11-24-2017, 10:57 AM
It could have easily been called in our favor, and possibly overturned in a review. Don't know why they didn't review the call last night. His feet seemed to be slightly past 10 yards, but the ball was definitely just short.

In a punt where you're trying to pin them close to the goal line, I think it's where the player's feet are instead of the ball. Could be wrong ... I think the rule is different in college and NFL so that may be the NFL rule.

Anyway, it was close enough that it should have been reviewed. Can't really blame Dantzler ... he almost got it right.