PDA

View Full Version : Anybody gone to check on Dan ...

RocketDawg
11-24-2017, 10:31 AM
... to see if he's ringing the Salvation Army bell at Kroger?

msstate7
11-24-2017, 10:33 AM
I do not wanna see dan at the moment. Regardless, donate to Salvation Army

sack07
11-24-2017, 10:33 AM
... to see if he's ringing the Salvation Army bell at Kroger?

Pics on Twitter confirm he is

dawgday166
11-24-2017, 10:35 AM
Don't care. He can go or stay. I'm ambivalent about Dan Mullen and will remain so. He's a "meh" coach IMO. We're 4th in SEC W (once again no better than 4th) and we'll be lucky to be ranked at end of year.

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2017, 10:36 AM
He is meeting with Tennessee today.

Who knows if he'll take the job. I do feel like it's pretty crappy though for him to tell the young players he is staying only to meet with Tennessee the day after the season ends.

msbulldog
11-24-2017, 10:39 AM
Need Dan to stay for the outstanding 2018 recruiting class and the 2019 class we have started, not to mention the 2 outstanding QB commits that want to come to MSU because of Dan. Stability in a program is a very important quality.

dawgday166
11-24-2017, 10:41 AM

Who knows if he'll take the job. I do feel like it's pretty crappy though for him to tell the young players he is staying only to meet with Tennessee the day after the season ends.

That's probably why we were so unprepared to play this game ... regardless of Fitz' injury. He had $7 Mill dancing around in his head all week. Shades of his Miami flirtation in 2014.

He wins a game or 2 no one expects him to win, the talking heads start floating his name for every job, and one of the "jobs" listen to the talking heads and contact him or his agent. If he stays, it will happen again. Dan always is better when no one is paying attention to him. When he starts getting a little attention, games like last night happen.

Not only has Dan not learned how to warn his team about the "rat poison" as Saban puts it ... he can't even caution his own self about it.

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2017, 10:41 AM
Need Dan to stay for the outstanding 2018 recruiting class and the 2019 class we have started, not to mention the 2 outstanding QB commits that want to come to MSU because of Dan. Stability in a program is a very important quality.

Would be terrible for & possibly destroy the program Dan built if he leaves.

Dan has to know that.

the59dawg
11-24-2017, 10:42 AM
This seems pretty factually stated. How do you know this?

basedog
11-24-2017, 10:43 AM

Are you sure?

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2017, 10:46 AM

Source?

Leeshouldveflanked
11-24-2017, 10:48 AM

Dude he hasn't told any player that.

bluelightstar
11-24-2017, 10:50 AM

he told them "you're not getting out of workouts because I'll be the coach"

msbulldog
11-24-2017, 10:51 AM
That's probably why we were so unprepared to play this game ... regardless of Fitz' injury. He had $7 Mill dancing around in his head all week. Shades of his Miami flirtation in 2014.

He wins a game or 2 no one expects him to win, the talking heads start floating his name for every job, and one of the "jobs" listen to the talking heads and contact him or his agent. If he stays, it will happen again. Dan always is better when no one is paying attention to him. When he starts getting a little attention, games like last night happen.

Not only has Dan not learned how to warn his team about the "rat poison" as Saban puts it ... he can't even caution his own self about it.

Man you really have it in for Dan. I don't know what you are talking about, looked like he was pulling out all stops to win the game last night. And yes, if Fitz wasn't injured last night we would have won that game like the previous 8 we have won this season, with a game plan Dan Mullen has put together and implemented.

maroonmania
11-24-2017, 10:51 AM

This figures, say what you will, but EVERY time Dan is seriously flirting with other jobs at the end of the year we lay an egg in the Egg Bowl. Every time.

msbulldog
11-24-2017, 10:54 AM

He has told a commit that. Source 247 Dawg Bisquits this week.

shannondawg
11-24-2017, 10:56 AM
Turning on the coach, just from a rumor? I sometimes wonder why in the hell I even get on these boards?

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2017, 10:57 AM
Are you sure?

This is what Rosebowl reported this morning. TN is flying down to have a “chat”

WinningIsRelentless
11-24-2017, 11:01 AM
Dan didn't cost us that game last night. 5 turnovers and 4 explosive plays did.

Yea he had a few questionable calls but you can justify the logic behind all the calls.

Activated Alpha
11-24-2017, 11:02 AM
I need Dan to come back so he can shove his dick down OM's throat next season and make them like it. We need to play like we did in 2016 every Egg Bowl

RocketDawg
11-24-2017, 11:04 AM
All the rumors certainly affect the program and the players. Can you imagine the effect ifsimilar rumors were being circulated about Saban (there were rumors a few years ago about Texas, and it at least had their fans in an uproar)? Or when Bowden took over Florida State back in the '70s? Remember ... they were everybody's homecoming team before he got there.

Bothrops
11-24-2017, 11:22 AM
People are forgetting that we lost our best player early in the game last night. Ole miss' plan worked, and they paralyzed us. This loss isn't on Mullen, the trash from Oxford were able to execute their plan. We were turned into a port town whore last night on our own field.

Bubb Rubb
11-24-2017, 11:32 AM

You gotta meet with someone in order to tell them you're not interested.

So, let's say you're a software engineer, and you are working at Company X, and Company Y says they want to talk to you about coming to work for them and throwing a ton of money your way. Would you listen? You're an idiot if you didn't.

We love Mississippi State because it's who we are, where we're from, how we're raised. To Dan Mullen, it's a job. Nothing wrong with that.

Let the process play out without bitching. In the end I think he probably stays because this is a better job than Tennessee.

Quaoarsking
11-24-2017, 11:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS4InT7Ycdk

HaggardDawg
11-24-2017, 11:42 AM
Not sure if anyone saw this and I don?t know how to posts a pic but supposedly flight aware shows the UT plane making a stop at the Starkville airport last week. That?s UT being a straight dick to us because they can turn off their location tracker so it doesn?t show up on flight aware.

msstate7
11-24-2017, 11:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS4InT7Ycdk

I want nothing more than to keep Mullen, but I do not want to handcuff our program by overpaying. I have no idea what our financials look like; but if 7 million is pushing it, I would not pay it

Bubb Rubb
11-24-2017, 11:50 AM
Not sure if anyone saw this and I don?t know how to posts a pic but supposedly flight aware shows the UT plane making a stop at the Starkville airport last week. That?s UT being a straight dick to us because they can turn off their location tracker so it doesn?t show up on flight aware.

It was somebody trolling. Over the course of a couple of hours, it showed their plane going to visit Mullen, Gruden, Fuente, and Kelly.

WeWonItAll(Most)
11-24-2017, 11:55 AM
The loss last night has revitalized the insecure portion of our fan base. I finally felt like we were overcoming that group and/or telling them to shut up. Now we're back to wallowing in insecurity.

HaggardDawg
11-24-2017, 11:56 AM
It was somebody trolling. Over the course of a couple of hours, it showed their plane going to visit Mullen, Gruden, Fuente, and Kelly.

Gotcha.

parabrave
11-24-2017, 11:58 AM

But you still have to file a flight plan.

Really Clark?
11-24-2017, 12:03 PM
But you still have to file a flight plan.

The Tenn sites confirmed that someone trolled with the flight plans. It had the plane going to several spots in a few hours time

Quaoarsking
11-24-2017, 12:08 PM
I want nothing more than to keep Mullen, but I do not want to handcuff our program by overpaying. I have no idea what our financials look like; but if 7 million is pushing it, I would not pay it

We can't let him leave over money. We just can't.

Bully13
11-24-2017, 12:10 PM
Seems like every time we have a solid season and the Dan to ______ rumors start circulating, we lay an egg at thanksgiving .

This is getting old. The emotional state of the head coach is paramount for a college football team. The head coach has to be 100% focused. Seems like he can only coach the egg bowl when he's not thinking about interview tactics.

vv83
11-24-2017, 12:20 PM
Seems like every time we have a solid season and the Dan to ______ rumors start circulating, we lay an egg at thanksgiving .

This is getting old. The emotional state of the head coach is paramount for a college football team. The head coach has to be 100% focused. Seems like he can only coach the egg bowl when he's not thinking about interview tactics.

I?m not calling you out individually but just a blanket comment towards this thread. How the HELL can anyone in their right mind blame yesterdays loss on Dan? 5 turnovers and watching your leader have his leg exploded in the 1st quarter, yet this team fought to the last minute. If players or coaches read this board why the hell would they want to play/fight for this university? Those guys left it all on the field last night against the dirtiest program in college football and that includes the coaching staff. I hope you guys went Black Friday shopping and bought tampons in bulk. Nothing like MSU fans to crumble against adversity. Get behind Dan, get behind KT, and get behind this team. We have a bowl game to win.

Bully13
11-24-2017, 12:56 PM
I?m not calling you out individually but just a blanket comment towards this thread. How the HELL can anyone in their right mind blame yesterdays loss on Dan? 5 turnovers and watching your leader have his leg exploded in the 1st quarter, yet this team fought to the last minute. If players or coaches read this board why the hell would they want to play/fight for this university? Those guys left it all on the field last night against the dirtiest program in college football and that includes the coaching staff. I hope you guys went Black Friday shopping and bought tampons in bulk. Nothing like MSU fans to crumble against adversity. Get behind Dan, get behind KT, and get behind this team. We have a bowl game to win.

I explained myself. We don't seemed to have won an egg bowl since the MI gator bowl year when we had a good year.

RougeDawg
11-24-2017, 01:04 PM
He is meeting with TN today or tomorrow. You can take that to the bank. I just hope our money boys are paying attention.

WeWonItAll(Most)
11-24-2017, 01:21 PM
+1. Trying to put this loss on Mullen is idiotic. There's no justification for it.

BuckyIsAB****
11-24-2017, 01:26 PM
Man you really have it in for Dan. I don't know what you are talking about, looked like he was pulling out all stops to win the game last night. And yes, if Fitz wasn't injured last night we would have won that game like the previous 8 we have won this season, with a game plan Dan Mullen has put together and implemented.

You mean the gameplan where we threw it 6 times going 1-5 with a pick, on the first two drives after getting 4 rushes for 26 yards?

Bully13
11-24-2017, 01:29 PM
+1. Trying to put this loss on Mullen is idiotic. There's no justification for it.

I think there is justification. He didn't have a plan all year if fitz went down and Matt Luke had his team more fired up to play than Dan did. Matt 17ing Luke.

Really Clark?
11-24-2017, 01:35 PM
You mean the gameplan where we threw it 6 times going 1-5 with a pick, on the first two drives after getting 4 rushes for 26 yards?

The WR was wide open for a TD when Fitz threw the pick but you think it was a bad play call? How bout we say Dan made a stupid call to run Fitz that got him injuried? With only a true freshman back up we should have not run Fitz at all against this team diving low already. That is just as stupid of a statement but the same asinine logic. Same as people in the game thread begging to run it every down with 8-9 men in the box and run blitzing. We could not sustain drives like that. We had short fields that couldn't turn into points. Strip it all away it was pretty simple, you don't win games with 5 turnovers. Period. And they coached and the players fought hard to turn in 21 points in the fourth quarter.

msstate7
11-24-2017, 01:38 PM
The WR was wide open for a TD when Fitz threw the pick but you think it was a bad play call? How bout we say Dan made a stupid call to run Fitz that got him injuried? With only a true freshman back up we should have run Fitz at all against this team diving low already. That is just as stupid of a statement but the same asinine logic. Same a school people in the game thread begging to run it every down with 8-9 men in the box and run blitzing.

Yep. Fitz has to make that throw. Wide. Open.