PDA

View Full Version : Ok- here's the deal

Coach34
11-24-2017, 01:02 AM
1) The site doesn't need clicks- we average almost 3MM per month. There are 6 owners of this site- so its not a moneymaker for me. It's a passionate hobby that pays for football tickets. No matter how many clicks we get- anything split 6 ways would never support me.

2) There is no agenda. Since I started all this back in 2003- I've posted things I hear from people that know more than I do. Sometimes its good news, sometimes its shitty news, and sometimes its about OM. But That's how I've operated and how I will continue to operate whether you like it or not. I'm not sorry nor will I apologize for it. As many of you know- I've gotten some great info thru the years and some crappy nuggets also. It's a message board. That's how it works.

A very prominent Booster who every State fan knows their name said he heard Mullen was offered the Tennessee job and a ridiculous amount of money. He said he felt he was gone from what he had been told. People that have given 7 figures to Miss State over the years usually have pretty good info.

Talked to another that said slow down- we may be looking at a case of cold feet. Let it play out.

Then lastly- I talked to someone that knows wtf they are talking about. 100%:

We have offered Mullen and Grantham raises- one that they are happy with.
Cohen told Tenn they couldnt speak with Mullen until the season ended- so everything has been going thru Sexton- which is how all this works. Thats why people can say with a straight face "Mullen hasnt tallked to Tennessee" because he really hasnt- Sexton has.
Sexton told Tenn it would take an insane amount of money to hire Mullen- so now Tenn has offered an insane amount of money.

So now- we wait. I'm not saying he's leaving. I'm not saying he is staying. I'm saying the season has ended and now some hardcore talking and bargaining are taking place.

Good night.

Bothrops
11-24-2017, 01:14 AM
I was relayed the same info almost verbatim via telephone about 90 minutes ago.

TXDawg
11-24-2017, 01:16 AM
No...here’s the deal...

You’re an egomaniac that has a twisted ass agenda. For some unknown reason, you want Mullen (the best coach in MSU history) gone. Why? I don’t know. However, your agenda is clear. You hate Mullen and want him gone, so you keep posting this bullshit and praying it comes true.

F you and your dumbass agenda.

Coach34
11-24-2017, 01:19 AM
No...here’s the deal...

You’re an egomaniac that has a twisted ass agenda. For some unknown reason, you want Mullen (the best coach in MSU history) gone. Why? I don’t know. However, your agenda is clear. You hate Mullen and want him gone, so you keep posting this bullshit and praying it comes true.

F you and your dumbass agenda.

Now see- this is simply not true. With the team we have returning and the recruiting class we currently have- this would be a terrible time for Mullen to leave. Not to mention we might lose Grantham as well. So you are wrong little boy. Now stop whining

Coursesuper
11-24-2017, 01:19 AM
I got the exact same info right in the middle of the fourth quarter. It is what it is.

Mimi's Babies
11-24-2017, 01:21 AM
???? WHY would he leave with the 2018 class coming in.... Sexton is all about the money... something the Mullen's don't seem to be about. Remember Sexton has many connections some even at OM.... and ole Pawllllllll.... But there is more to Sexton... you just need to follow the MONEY. ALL PUBLIC information... Might want to look into the connection of Sexton and OM... js

Clarkwgriswald
11-24-2017, 01:21 AM
However it plays out, you shouldn't have dropped that post right before kickoff. Not a good look.

cheewgumm
11-24-2017, 01:24 AM
Why does it matter if it came out right at kickoff? I dont understand why that matters.

DudyDawg
11-24-2017, 01:24 AM
You?re still a tool.

bluelightstar
11-24-2017, 01:26 AM
Why does it matter if it came out right at kickoff? I dont understand why that matters.

Can't figure that out either -- it seems like people think the team is going to check EliteDawgs right before kickoff.

Lord McBuckethead
Cool if you will not apologize, and I will not retract my chickenshit comment about posting this shit right before the game.

Coach34

me either. Had zero effect on the game or our program. If he leaves- then he leaves. If he tells them no thank you- then its business as usual.

Bdawg
11-24-2017, 01:27 AM
So can we all assume Mullen didn’t have his mind totally committed to the task at hand tonight? And I wonder if players have heard this crap too?

Lord McBuckethead
11-24-2017, 01:28 AM
May I add I have been with you since April fool's day 2003, and that post was some dumb ass shit that could have waited, or never been said.

DudyDawg
11-24-2017, 01:28 AM
So can we all assume Mullen didn’t have his mind totally committed to the task at hand tonight? And I wonder if players have heard this crap too?

No, I think 5 TOs was the issue tonight. Reading too far into it all

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2017, 01:29 AM

Huh?

When your QB breaks his leg in the first 5 min, it’s kind of hard to stick with whatever game plan you may have come up with.

Our coaches basically had to wing it tonight on the fly.

Tenneseee had ZERO do with our performance

Coach34
11-24-2017, 01:30 AM
Oh- and also heard if by chance he leaves- we already have our guy and it will be done quickly. No idea on a name

cheewgumm
11-24-2017, 01:30 AM
Everyone needs to realize we are not on the team. We are fans talking about it. It doesnt matter whagt is said here before, at start of, during or after the game.

msstate7
11-24-2017, 01:32 AM
Oh- and also heard if by chance he leaves- we already have our guy and it will be done quickly. No idea on a name
Hev

Clarkwgriswald
11-24-2017, 01:32 AM
Obviously it didn't impact the team. I'm saying it's a painful thing to put on people who are fans and pumped and swinging by this site for one more shot of fun pregame adrenaline. I don't think the post made us lose. I just think it bummed out people that this site shouldn't want to bum out.

Coursesuper
11-24-2017, 01:34 AM

If so we probably still get hosed on the recruiting class and that will be the the kick in the nuts.

Bdawg
11-24-2017, 01:34 AM
No, I think 5 TOs was the issue tonight. Reading too far into it all

Your right. Fitz plays, we have less turnovers, we win. All this shit just pisses me off now. We need stability in our staff more than ever right now with OM sanctions coming and putting this ‘18 and ‘19 class together. If Mullen stays, a lot of these jobs shouldn’t be available for a few years too, so maybe that will slow things down.

DudyDawg
11-24-2017, 01:35 AM
Obviously it didn't impact the team. I'm saying it's a painful thing to put on people who are fans and pumped and swinging by this site for one more shot of fun pregame adrenaline. I don't think the post made us lose. I just think it bummed out people that this site shouldn't want to bum out.

It?s not even that. Dude can post what he wants. But it proves he?s a complete tool.

cheewgumm
11-24-2017, 01:36 AM
For the record, I want to konw.

If something is heard, post it. Otherwise, I'll go elasewhere to find it.

TXDawg
11-24-2017, 01:36 AM

Further proves you?re full of shit.

Bdawg
11-24-2017, 01:37 AM
Huh?

When your QB breaks his leg in the first 5 min, it’s kind of hard to stick with whatever game plan you may have come up with.

Your right. But didn’t say TN. I just want Mullen totally focused on the task at hand with no damn distractions.

Commercecomet24
11-24-2017, 01:39 AM
Huh?

Right. We knew they were coming in with emotion. You weather the storm and then pound them. Fitz doesn?t go down we win by 14+. But bad stuff happens sometimes.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2017, 01:45 AM
1) The site doesn't need clicks- we average almost 3MM per month. There are 6 owners of this site- so its not a moneymaker for me. It's a passionate hobby that pays for football tickets. No matter how many clicks we get- anything asplit 6 ways would never support me.

2) There is no agenda. Since I started all this back in 2003- I've posted things I hear from people that know more than I do. Sometimes its good news, sometimes its shitty news, and sometimes its about OM. But That's how I've operated and how I will continue to operate whether you like it or not. I'm not sorry nor will I apologize for it. As many of you know- I've gotten some great info thru the years and some crappy nuggets also. It's a message board. That's how it works.

A very prominent Booster who every State fan knows their name said he heard Mullen was offered the Tennessee job and a ridiculous amount of money. He said he felt he was gone from what he had been told. People that have given 7 figures to Miss State over the years usually have pretty good info.

Talked to another that said slow down- we may be looking at a case of cold feet. Let it play out.

Then lastly- I talked to someone that knows wtf they are talking about. 100%:

We have offered Mullen and Grantham raises- one that they are happy with.
Cohen told Tenn they couldnt speak with Mullen until the season ended- so everything has been going thru Sexton- which is how all this works. Thats why people can say with a straight face "Mullen hasnt tallked to Tennessee" because he really hasnt- Sexton has.
Sexton told Tenn it would take an insane amount of money to hire Mullen- so now Tenn has offered an insane amount of money.

So now- we wait. I'm not saying he's leaving. I'm not saying he is staying. I'm saying the season has ended and now some hardcore talking and bargaining are taking place.

Good night.

I don't care how good your info is, you don't post that right before the damn Egg Bowl. The fact remains that you have wanted Mullen gone since before 2014.

Lord McBuckethead
11-24-2017, 01:46 AM
Hev

Nice.

Coach34
11-24-2017, 01:47 AM
I don't care how good your info is, you don't post that right before the damn Egg Bowl. .

again- why? Cause it made you mad? Had zero effect on anything that happened in the stadium tonight

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2017, 01:47 AM
We lost because they took Fitz out.

Lord McBuckethead
11-24-2017, 01:48 AM
Good night......I guess he dropped his sorry not sorry and then went to bed? Surprised he didn't lock it and then went to bed. It's his way.

DudyDawg
11-24-2017, 01:49 AM
again- why? Cause it made you mad? Had zero effect on anything that happened in the stadium tonight

Have people been saying your post is why we lost? I have not seen anyone say that you had an effect on the game. Just that you are a tool.

cheewgumm
11-24-2017, 01:50 AM
This such a dumb thing. It's hard to belive people are upset about this.

I think they are jsut mad about losing and need something to point their anger towards.

Coldsleeve Jr.
11-24-2017, 01:51 AM

Bitches about Mullen rumors every year but stokes the fire more than any media member

Coach34
11-24-2017, 01:51 AM
Have people been saying your post is why we lost? I have not seen anyone say that you had an effect on the game. Just that you are a tool.

I think you're a tool. So now it's its tool vs tool. Whats next? Fix a motor? dig a trench?

DudyDawg
11-24-2017, 01:52 AM
I think you're a tool. So now it's its tool vs tool. Whats next? Fix a motor? dig a trench?

Lock a thread? Ban a poster?? Who knows what the tool will do next.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2017, 01:53 AM

No, it didn't make me mad. I rather enjoyed it. It made you look like a $&@&. If you had held your fire till after the game it wouldn't have, and it would have accomplished your purpose just as well. We lost because they took Fitz out.

Todd4State
Look Dan is inevitably going to leave at some point. I just hope that Cohen makes a hire as good as Cann. Dan is a great coach but we need to trust our leadership to make a great hire if he leaves.

That said I don't think Dan leaves. If he did go to Tennessee I think he would regret it.

And Dan had handled the rumors much better this year than in the past.

Bothrops
We lost because they took Fitz out.

Yep. And I can't put into words how ****ing pissed off I am right now about it.

Coach34
11-24-2017, 01:55 AM
If he did go to Tennessee I think he would regret it.

And Dan had handled the rumors much better this year than in the past.

totally agree on these 2 points

BuckyIsAB****
11-24-2017, 01:56 AM

Jeremy Pruitt

Coach34
11-24-2017, 01:57 AM
Lock a thread? Ban a poster?? Who knows what the tool will do next.

We always lock threads and ban posters for personal attacks. It's a site rule. Tool

preachermatt83
11-24-2017, 01:58 AM
Good post. Explained well.

Commercecomet24
11-24-2017, 02:01 AM
Yep. And I can't put into words how ****ing pissed off I am right now about it.

Exactly! My level of hate for them is reaching new levels. If they cost Fitz his future, I mean just dang. They are classless, dirty, cheating scum bags.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2017, 02:03 AM
Exactly! My level of hate for them is reaching new levels. If they cost Fitz his future, I mean just dang. They are classless, dirty, cheating scum bags.

There is at least one attempt to do what they did to Fitz in every Egg Bowl. There were multiple attempts at multiple players tonight. It epitomizes what Ole Miss is.

bluelightstar
11-24-2017, 02:05 AM
There is at least one attempt to do what they did to Fitz in every Egg Bowl. There were multiple attempts at multiple players tonight. It epitomizes what Ole Miss is.

they had a pretty bad helmet to helmet on Key on the first speed option where Kylin was shaken up. I'd guess that's one of the targeting non-calls Dan was talking about.

Cooterpoot
11-24-2017, 02:08 AM
I was told the TN ship has sailed.

Reason2succeed
Ah, he wants to be Mr. Hard@ss who can?t admit he was wrong. Well, if you can?t be man enough to admit that you are being a selfish a$$hole then I can play the same game. I won?t be clicking an ad until you do.

Here?s the thing. I love this board because I love State and ED has the best info. I love the community even with people that I disagree with. But, when it is obvious that there are people who love their own egos more than the program it ought to be called out.

When OM fans went after you we all prayed for you and were genuinely happy when you found another job. We have cheered for your HS team when they have won and have mourned with your team in their time of sorrow. Why are you pissing away all that goodwill because of your stubbornness? It doesn?t make sense.

Even real journalists sit on stories until they are confirmed by multiple sources before putting info out there. You act like you?re afraid that you will get scooped by someone else but YOU?RE NOT A REAL JOURNALIST!!!

preachermatt83
Jeremy Pruitt

Lol. No way. If we are going to hire a D.C. For the job I'd hire grantham

Commercecomet24
11-24-2017, 02:09 AM

Yep they were either headhunting or diving at knees all night. What I saw tonight was as close to criminal as you can get on a football field. Doesn?t take into the classless acts of brown, Metcalf and speaks. No redeeming qualities at that cesspool

BuckyIsAB****
11-24-2017, 02:11 AM
Lol. No way. If we are going to hire a D.C. For the job I'd hire grantham

Fair point. Just saying if we are all going off what we have ''heard'' I know a few big money guys who like him. I like him too

Todd4State
11-24-2017, 02:14 AM
Ah, he wants to be Mr. Hard@ss who can?t admit he was wrong. Well, if you can?t be man enough to admit that you are being a selfish a$$hole then I can play the same game. I won?t be clicking an ad until you do.

Here?s the thing. I love this board because I love State and ED has the best info. I love the community even with people that I disagree with. But, when it is obvious that there are people who love their own egos more than the program it ought to be called out.

When OM fans went after you we all prayed for you and were genuinely happy when you found another job. We have cheered for your HS team when they have won and have mourned with your team in their time of sorrow. Why are you pissing away all that goodwill because of your stubbornness? It doesn?t make sense.

Even real journalists sit on stories until they are confirmed by multiple sources before putting info out there. You act like you?re afraid that you will get scooped by someone else but YOU?RE NOT A REAL JOURNALIST!!!

To be fair none of us are journalists or are trying to be. It's a fan message board and people are going to discuss rumors. We're just fans.

I only responded because someone called me a Barrett Sallee wannabe last week.

Reason2succeed
11-24-2017, 02:22 AM
To be fair none of us are journalists or are trying to be. It's a fan message board and people are going to discuss rumors. We're just fans.

I only responded because someone called me a Barrett Sallee wannabe last week.

Obviously C34 thinks he is the heir apparent to Ian Rappaport because he wants to be the first with non-corroborated “Mullen to...” rumors. He detracted from most people’s enjoyment of the Egg Bowl with that crap that he later had to man-splain away. He has lost all credibility with me.

confucius say
11-24-2017, 02:30 AM

Norvell

Cooterpoot
11-24-2017, 02:30 AM
If Mullen were to leave and we hired Pruitt, I’d give up my fan card.

Commercecomet24
11-24-2017, 02:34 AM

Agreed. Pruitt as dc, good, Pruitt as hc, not so much.

BuckyIsAB****
11-24-2017, 02:39 AM
Agreed. Pruitt as dc, good, Pruitt as hc, not so much.

Why the Pruitt hate? I understand maybe wanting HC experience but hes the real deal. Just telling yall what I have heard

BuckyIsAB****
11-24-2017, 02:39 AM

Who would you want then?

Cooterpoot
11-24-2017, 02:40 AM
His defense isn’t as good as the DC before him.

BuckyIsAB****
11-24-2017, 02:42 AM
His defense isn’t as good as the DC before him.

Nobody was saying that till we played them

ElitedawgRecruiting
11-24-2017, 05:59 AM
Ok so here?s the deal. If you cant understand why posting what you did when you did was a little sister move than you deserve what you got last night. I talked to a couple of the owners of the site last night and they both said they were like me. Amazed that you would post this stupid ass shit. I don?t give a crap how much money and what the damn name was, this ?booster we all know? did not get this information from the Msu family or anyone who knows Mullen and how he operates. This ?crappy little nugget? was an attempt to measure his penis and guess what, he came up short. And I can tell you for a 100% fact that Tennessee has not offered any amount of money to Mullen with out talking to him personally. I am far more connected to that program than you or your ?big name booster? have been or ever will be. That?s not how Tennessee operates because of the very reason of how you handled things last night. Their boosters have to and will be involved in this and will have to talk to Mullen before any offer is given. Point is you can?t lock every damn thread that someone disagrees with you. The basis of this damn site was that people could come here and share their opinions. And you are basically saying they can as long as they agree with you. And that?s a little sister move.

Dawg496
11-24-2017, 06:11 AM
Yancy34. 0 sources. 0 information. 100% attention whoring.

ElitedawgRecruiting
11-24-2017, 06:18 AM
And you are correct. It had zero effect on the field last night. None. But instead of uniting the family during a time that we should have been you divided us with an agenda. We lost the face of our program early in the game. But instead of supporting Dan, Fitz, and the rest of the team on most people’s favorite message board, people are here arguing over some made up shit somebody spewed at a tailgate. If we are gonna bash yancy for running with shit without vetting it, they we should be able to bash one of our own for doing the same thing. Even if they have the ability to lock a thread. It made this whole board look bad last night. That’s the point.

maroonmania
11-24-2017, 08:27 AM
It?s not even that. Dude can post what he wants. But it proves he?s a complete tool.

Exactly, the original post just before the Egg Bowl kickoff was that Mullen's tenure at MSU was coming to an end after the game. When you do that you know it means a 10 page thread on everything everyone is hearing about what Mullen is going to do while the Egg Bowl is being played when it simply could have waited until after the game was over. Just a craptastic thing to do regardless of any direct impact on the game itself. And then it turns out that it is not a certainty one way or the other anyway which makes it even more ridiculous to post that right at gametime. Like anyone is going is really going to be able to enjoy the game much anyway when they know their coach is definitely bailing the next day.

DLGDawg
11-24-2017, 08:48 AM
Ok so here?s the deal. If you cant understand why posting what you did when you did was a little sister move than you deserve what you got last night. I talked to a couple of the owners of the site last night and they both said they were like me. Amazed that you would post this stupid ass shit. I don?t give a crap how much money and what the damn name was, this ?booster we all know? did not get this information from the Msu family or anyone who knows Mullen and how he operates. This ?crappy little nugget? was an attempt to measure his penis and guess what, he came up short. And I can tell you for a 100% fact that Tennessee has not offered any amount of money to Mullen with out talking to him personally. I am far more connected to that program than you or your ?big name booster? have been or ever will be. That?s not how Tennessee operates because of the very reason of how you handled things last night. Their boosters have to and will be involved in this and will have to talk to Mullen before any offer is given. Point is you can?t lock every damn thread that someone disagrees with you. The basis of this damn site was that people could come here and share their opinions. And you are basically saying they can as long as they agree with you. And that?s a little sister move.

That?s quality stuff right there.

SandlotDawg
11-24-2017, 09:05 AM
As Discount Double Check would say, R E L A X. Mullen has handled these rumors this season better than he ever has before. He said last night postgame that he plans to be here next year. Just take his words at face value and chill the 17 out. If he leaves, then he was a liar and you can cry about it then. I on the other hand, am going to have a little faith that Dan cares about his home(Starkville), family, and players than he does money. Y’all freaking out about this is exactly what the sh*tbirds like to see. It makes us look like poor little Mississippi State. 17’n stop.

msbulldog
11-24-2017, 09:38 AM
As Discount Double Check would say, R E L A X. Mullen has handled these rumors this season better than he ever has before. He said last night postgame that he plans to be here next year. Just take his words at face value and chill the 17 out. If he leaves, then he was a liar and you can cry about it then. I on the other hand, am going to have a little faith that Dan cares about his home(Starkville), family, and players than he does money. Y’all freaking out about this is exactly what the sh*tbirds like to see. It makes us look like poor little Mississippi State. 17’n stop.

^^^^^Tell It Brother Dawg!^^^^^^

maroonmania
11-24-2017, 10:36 AM

No, what makes us look like poor little Mississippi State is the fact that Mullen is the default candidate for every other P5 job that comes open out there from every talking head on TV and the internet. People at large don't get their perception of the MSU job from what MSU fans are saying on a message board, they get it from the "perception" that Mullen continues to allow his name to be shopped for every job out there making it appear as if our job is well below every other job out there. As I've said yes, Mullen is a good coach, but I've never seen attention like this for any other coach ever that in 9 seasons has only had one year with more than 8 wins during the regular season and has had 2 losing seasons.

WSOPdawg
11-24-2017, 10:54 AM

Nailed it, abso-damn-lutely nailed it!!!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-24-2017, 10:55 AM
...you can?t lock every damn thread that someone disagrees with you. The basis of this damn site was that people could come here and share their opinions.

Classic “Genespage” move

Todd4State
11-24-2017, 11:04 AM
No, what makes us look like poor little Mississippi State is the fact that Mullen is the default candidate for every other P5 job that comes open out there from every talking head on TV and the internet. People at large don't get their perception of the MSU job from what MSU fans are saying on a message board, they get it from the "perception" that Mullen continues to allow his name to be shopped for every job out there making it appear as if our job is well below every other job out there. As I've said yes, Mullen is a good coach, but I've never seen attention like this for any other coach ever that in 9 seasons has only had one year with more than 8 wins during the regular season and has had 2 losing seasons.

That's because Dan is a good coach- and that's what we all want. No one wanted Jackie because he had NCAA issues and no one other than the NFL wanted Croom as anything other than a running backs coach because he wasn't very good.

There isn't anything that Dan can do other than stay he is staying at MSU and he has done that this time around.

I'd rather have people wanting our coach as opposed to talking about what a nice guy he is.

Coach34
11-24-2017, 11:08 AM
Nobody is locking threads for disagreeing opinions. I’ll address Mr Recruiting when this saga ends

WesternSkyDawg
11-24-2017, 11:15 AM

beretta
11-24-2017, 11:19 AM
Nobody is locking threads for disagreeing opinions. I?ll address Mr Recruiting when this saga ends

Well it appears you and Steve have the same sources.....because Steve is saying UT is coming down to visit Dan today

WesternSkyDawg
11-24-2017, 11:27 AM

Clemson won the damn title

They are the defending national champs. It doesn't get any higher in the sport.

Yet Dabo is presumed to leave for Bama when Saban leaves.

Grow some balls or shut the f*ck up

We're in the big leagues now. Deal with it, chief

Coach34
11-24-2017, 11:28 AM
Well it appears you and Steve have the same sources.....because Steve is saying UT is coming down to visit Dan today

Well, imagine that. But since Steve says it- it will be ok I'm sure and people will thank him for the info

starkvegasdawg
11-24-2017, 11:32 AM
This is potentially the most MSU thing ever. We have all the momentum. Our rival is about to be crippled with sanctions, were on the cusp of the Citrus bowl, and about to haul in a top notch recruiting class.

Then Fitz gets hurt, we lose the EB, and now may lose our coach and potentially our class.

We just can?t stnad success.

VandelayIndustries
11-24-2017, 11:32 AM
Have been told this AM #MissState is set to step up and go all in to keep Dan Mullen at MSU, making an even bigger commitment to him and to his staff.

Per Bruce Feldman

If he leaves it won’t because we didn’t try and keep him

Coldsleeve Jr.
11-24-2017, 11:42 AM
Well, imagine that. But since Steve says it- it will be ok I'm sure and people will thank him for the info

Did Steve imply it was a done deal like you did? Did he do it right before kickoff? Has Steve pumped idiotic names to replace Dan such as Jim Mora and Mark Hudspeth for the last 6 years? Did Steve want to fire Dan last year with the double secret trust fund?

You’re nothing like Steve so stop trying to make yourself a victim

msbulldog
11-24-2017, 11:45 AM
This is potentially the most MSU thing ever. We have all the momentum. Our rival is about to be crippled with sanctions, were on the cusp of the Citrus bowl, and about to haul in a top notch recruiting class.

Then Fitz gets hurt, we lose the EB, and now may lose our coach and potentially our class.

We just can?t stnad success.

Yes we can stand success Vegas! This is a new MSU, we have new people in place, more support from our Alumni, new things for athletics on campus and outstanding coaching. We are no longer poor little anything! We are making noise and we will continue doing so. We can compete with anybody in athletics and we will continue to build our programs. Dan Mullen has been a big part of this and we should be grateful!

SandlotDawg
11-24-2017, 11:49 AM
Clemson won the damn title

They are the defending national champs. It doesn't get any higher in the sport.

Yet Dabo is presumed to leave for Bama when Saban leaves.

Grow some balls or shut the f*ck up

We're in the big leagues now. Deal with it, chief

This right here>>>>

Instead of complaining about all the jobs Dan is supposedly shopping his name out for, how about we pay the man what the other jobs would pay him. If we want to be a national contender, maybe we should start acting like one and pony up. Get ahead of the arms race before it starts.

Turfdawg67
11-24-2017, 11:51 AM

Oh course TN hasn’t made an offer, no one said they had. All that was said was that Sexton had told TN that it’d take a ridiculous amount of money and they are apparently willing to do just that.

If he leaves and we hire someone more Croom-like, I can’t wait to see the DM bashers long for the “Mullen Years”.

msbulldog
11-24-2017, 11:52 AM
This right here>>>>

Instead of complaining about all the jobs Dan is supposedly shopping his name out for, how about we pay the man what the other jobs would pay him. If we want to be a national contender, maybe we should start acting like one and pony up. Get ahead of the arms race before it starts.

Tell it Sandlot Dawg! Rep given.

Hamdog9
11-24-2017, 11:54 AM
No we don?t.

Todd4State
11-24-2017, 11:57 AM
Oh course TN hasn’t made an offer, no one said they had. All that was said was that Sexton had told TN that it’d take a ridiculous amount of money and they are apparently willing to do just that.

If he leaves and we hire someone more Croom-like, I can’t wait to see the DM bashers long for the “Mullen Years”.

I don't understand why our fans would take any satisfaction in seeing one of our programs struggle so that they could tell some of our fans "I told you so"?

Dawgology
11-24-2017, 12:00 PM
I don't understand why our fans would take any satisfaction in seeing one of our programs struggle so that they could tell some of our fans "I told you so"?

Me either but some sad ****s are out there that do that.

shannondawg
11-24-2017, 12:05 PM
The good thing is we can match any offer, if we so desire!

ElitedawgRecruiting
11-24-2017, 12:07 PM
Actually there was a whole thread that was started and locked that said “I know for a 100% fact Mullen was offered the TN job”. So yeah it was said.

I have two issues with this.

One is no with Coach at all. It’s with the lying asshole that started it. Donating money has not gotten you information like this since the Templeton Years. And I know that’s a source of contention for some of those guys but you should give money because you love MSU. Not because anyone owes you a damn thing.

And secondly. Folks have bashed Gene and David for years for doing the same shit that was done here last night. You gonna be that person and step on that limb. Take the hits. But don’t lock a thread because you getting butthurt

Coach34
11-24-2017, 12:08 PM
Did Steve imply it was a done deal like you did? Did he do it right before kickoff? Has Steve pumped idiotic names to replace Dan such as Jim Mora and Mark Hudspeth for the last 6 years? Did Steve want to fire Dan last year with the double secret trust fund?

You’re nothing like Steve so stop trying to make yourself a victim

Literally nothing you posted pertains to me

Coach34
11-24-2017, 12:11 PM
Not every thread that was locked was locked by me Mr. Recruiting

BankerDog
11-24-2017, 12:14 PM
IF he does leave we will go after either Matt Campbell or Bill Clark. Kyle Whittingham hasn't done enough.

Mutt the Hoople
11-24-2017, 12:16 PM
30 minutes before game time is not the time to put it up there.

Turfdawg67
11-24-2017, 12:17 PM

Actually shouldn't have been posted in this thread. Just a culmination of all the Mullen bashing I'm reading this morning. No, I don't want to see any of our programs struggle and yes I like to point out the idiotic hypocrisy that some fans have especially towards Mullen.

yjnkdawg
11-24-2017, 12:20 PM

Could it maybe be an ego trip?

RocketDawg
11-24-2017, 12:20 PM
Actually there was a whole thread that was started and locked that said “I know for a 100% fact Mullen was offered the TN job”. So yeah it was said.

I have two issues with this.

One is no with Coach at all. It’s with the lying asshole that started it. Donating money has not gotten you information like this since the Templeton Years. And I know that’s a source of contention for some of those guys but you should give money because you love MSU. Not because anyone owes you a damn thing.

And secondly. Folks have bashed Gene and David for years for doing the same shit that was done here last night. You gonna be that person and step on that limb. Take the hits. But don’t lock a thread because you getting butthurt

True on both points.

Coldsleeve Jr.
11-24-2017, 12:24 PM
Literally nothing you posted pertains to me

The above sentence is literally a lie.

C34... The Colin Kaepernick of MSU message boards

msbulldog
11-24-2017, 12:28 PM
Hail State guys, Dan ain't going anywhere! Please tell me I have a job that pays me 5M-6M per year. All I have to do is win 7 or 8 games a year and 4 of those games are guaranteed and I am a hero.

Now that's my thinking. I am only an engineer.

Tennessee looking for a natty can't see it.

yjnkdawg
11-24-2017, 12:30 PM
I have enjoyed ED until we get to this point every year on Mullen to here or there. Seems like a poster or two, on here, should join footballscoop. I think this crap gets old for most on here, on somebody apparently trying to boost their ego and not concerned about the MSU family.

Coach34
11-24-2017, 12:30 PM
The above sentence is literally a lie.

C34... The Colin Kaepernick of MSU message boards

What was a lie?
I never said Jim Mora as our coach- nor Hud
I've never said Mullen should be fired.

So before calling someone a liar on his own site- you better get you a link

Coldsleeve Jr.
11-24-2017, 12:37 PM
What was a lie?
I never said Jim Mora as our coach- nor Hud
I've never said Mullen should be fired.

So before calling someone a liar on his own site- you better get you a link

Wait you’re saying you’ve never wanted Hud as our coach?? Do I really need to link that LOL (I’m not)

Are you also attempting to say you didn’t imply last night was Dans last game? Just go to page 4 and look at your own post.

Coach34
11-24-2017, 12:42 PM
Wait you’re saying you’ve never wanted Hud as our coach?? Do I really need to link that LOL (I’m not)

Are you also attempting to say you didn’t imply last night was Dans last game? Just go to page 4 and look at your own post.

Yes- I've never advocated Hud to be our coach. I have always been against it actually. Hell, in 2013 I was probably one of the few here that didnt want Hud when people were calling for Dan to be fired. I was the one that told everyone to be patient we would win out and 2014 would be a great year.

As I posted in the other thread- I locked it when I got another update and then updated again after the game. Here:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?61787-Ok-here-s-the-deal

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
If Mullen were to leave and we hired Pruitt, I?d give up my fan card.

^^ This right here....Pruitt would be an awful hire. If we offered Pruitt, we might as well hire Hev. Very similar personalities.

SandlotDawg
Hail State guys, Dan ain't going anywhere! Please tell me I have a job that pays me 5M-6M per year. All I have to do is win 7 or 8 games a year and 4 of those games are guaranteed and I am a hero.

Now that's my thinking. I am only an engineer.

Tennessee looking for a natty can't see it.

Exactly. I’m hoping once this whole ordeal is over and Dan is still in Starkville that everyone on this board will finally believe that Dan wants to be our Paterno. As long as we pay him what every other school thinks he deserves, he’ll be in Starkville.

Coach34
11-24-2017, 12:43 PM
Norvell is the name being passed around

BankerDog
11-24-2017, 12:46 PM
Norvell, Campbell, or Clark. Clark is a good coach.

Dawgfan77
11-24-2017, 12:50 PM
30 minutes before game time is not the time to put it up there.

What affect did that post have on the game? Did any of our players see it. Coach was posting what he heard. Rumors are encouraged it a fuqing message board. Geez the guy brings good intel and we bash him on timing.

The truth is Mullen may leave or he may stay based on his answers this year vs the past I?m inclined to think he is gone. He has been more outspoken this year kinda of deflecting the attention. Regardless we are a better job today than we were 9 years ago and we have a tremendous roster next year and great recruiting base. All things considered we are a better job than that other school. So people calm down about a damn message board post and the timing. We either keep dan or he leaves

MeridianDog
11-24-2017, 12:51 PM
I stay so confused.

Dan goes to TN and next year faces Bama, GA, Missouri, Florida and SC, all of which can/will defeat him. The next year, many of those will beat him again. For two more years SEC championship is out of reach and now his job is at stake as TN fans begin to say "Fire the jerk, he is not worth the money we paid him!"

He stays at MSU and ten years from now we still pay him 5-6 million a year or more. X ten years = 60 million dollars.

Why not stay here and finish what he has started?

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-24-2017, 12:51 PM
Clark is a great coach and would love to have him here if we had to go looking but I don't think Clark will be leaving UAB for at least 2 years. Too many people have invested in him and UAB for him to leave after one year.

Dawgfan77
11-24-2017, 12:55 PM
Norvell is the name being passed around

This search should start and end with Norvell. He has taken what Fuenta did and made it stronger

Pollodawg
11-24-2017, 01:02 PM
Further proves you?re full of shit.

I?ve had my differences with Coach but Steve is saying the same stuff.

TrapGame
11-24-2017, 01:07 PM
Norvell would be a damn good hire if it comes to that.

I'm optimistic that Dan stays though.

RougeDawg
11-24-2017, 01:12 PM
I stay so confused.

Dan goes to TN and next year faces Bama, GA, Missouri, Florida and SC, all of which can/will defeat him. The next year, many of those will beat him again. For two more years SEC championship is out of reach and now his job is at stake as TN fans begin to say "Fire the jerk, he is not worth the money we paid him!"

He stays at MSU and ten years from now we still pay him 5-6 million a year or more. X ten years = 60 million dollars.

Why not stay here and finish what he has started?

Two threads and two strong posts. Stop thinking so much. People will start attacking you.**