PDA

View Full Version : Key Thompson

KOdawg1
11-24-2017, 12:39 AM
I'm so freaking proud of that kid. Yes, he struggled. Like any true freshman thrown into the fire would. But he showed guts and never gave up

redstickdawg
11-24-2017, 12:50 AM
definitely better in the 4th than he was early in the game. He needs a lot of work.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2017, 12:52 AM
I'm so freaking proud of that kid. Yes, he struggled. Like any true freshman thrown into the fire would. But he showed guts and never gave up

Me too. You couldn't really imagine a harder spot to become THE man for the first time in college. Don't be too hard on him. It took us a long time to shake off the shock of seeing Fitz go down. This team is as much Fitz's team as Dak's were his. The kid is going to be all right.

DudyDawg
11-24-2017, 12:53 AM
Needs work..... needs receivers too. Ran tough as ****ig nails. Was out rushing Om Himself most of the night despite us not playing great up front. Threw a few strikes and a few duds. I?m excited about him nonetheless. People freaking out like he doesn?t get another year of mop up work and practice to refine his game. He will be a stud.

Commercecomet24
11-24-2017, 12:54 AM
Needs work..... needs receivers too. Ran tough as ****ig nails. Was out rushing Om Himself most of the night despite us not playing great up front. Threw a few strikes and a few duds. I?m excited about him nonetheless. People freaking out like he doesn?t get another year of mop up work and practice to refine his game. He will be a stud.

Good assessment. Agreed.

preachermatt83
11-24-2017, 12:55 AM
He improved as the game went on. He has a lot of work ahead of him in the passing game.

DudyDawg
11-24-2017, 12:57 AM
He, just like fitz, was w out his top 4 receivers. Not many teams overcome that, we did for most of the year. Couldn?t tonight. I?m excited for the kid. He will be hurting tomorrow tho after that game.

Clarkwgriswald
11-24-2017, 01:00 AM
Mmm, he wasn't good...at all. I'm truly hopeful that he can be great, but honestly he was terrible tonight.

bluelightstar
11-24-2017, 01:02 AM
Mmm, he wasn't good...at all. I'm truly hopeful that he can be great, but honestly he was terrible tonight.

Key had 316 yards. Ole Miss as a team had 355.

He wasn't "terrible," but it did take too long to settle in and stop turning the ball over.

Really Clark?
11-24-2017, 01:08 AM

13-27 for 195 yards 1 TD 1 Int and 121 yards rushing as a true freshman thrown into a rivalry game. The two fumbles hurt bad but he came up big in 4th for us to score 21 points.

msstate7
11-24-2017, 01:09 AM
He had 3 awful, and I mean Awful TOs. He will get better, but he did not earn praise tonight imo

Clarkwgriswald
I hear you. But the turnovers killed us. 316 yards don't matter with 4 turnovers. But I hear you in terms of optimism for the future.

DudyDawg
13-27 for 195 yards 1 TD 1 Int and 121 yards rushing as a true freshman thrown into a rivalry game. The two fumbles hurt bad but he came up big in 4th for us to score 21 points.

Don?t forget, zero ****ing prep to play basically the entire game. None.

Commercecomet24
11-24-2017, 01:11 AM
Key had 316 yards. Ole Miss as a team had 355.

He wasn't "terrible," but it did take too long to settle in and stop turning the ball over.

This! He?s an 18 year old true freshman who acquired himself well. Yeah he made some mistakes but dang there were plenty of signs of brilliance too.

DudyDawg
11-24-2017, 01:12 AM
I hear you. But the turnovers killed us. 316 yards don't matter with 4 turnovers. But I hear you in terms of optimism for the future.

Turnovers hurt like hell. I don?t even care about the pick. Jitters and adrenaline and you sail a ball. The first fumble killed us. But he will build on that frame and be able to take that punishment. dude still has braces and ran the ball like a man. I?m proud of his effort and excited about his future. He never looked scared, at least to me.

Clarkwgriswald
11-24-2017, 01:15 AM
I hear you. "Terrible" was the wrong word to use. I'm just totally bummed out tonight. Key has a great future, tonight was a mixed bag. Damn I hate losing this game.

DudyDawg
11-24-2017, 01:20 AM
I hear you. "Terrible" was the wrong word to use. I'm just totally bummed out tonight. Key has a great future, tonight was a mixed bag. Damn I hate losing this game.

Tonight was an uppercut to the dick. Especially since #1 delivered a lot of it.

Todd4State
11-24-2017, 02:54 AM
I hope the few critics that said Fotz should be moved to TE will stop now.

And Key will be a stud. I never saw Fitz at the same stage but I image Key is ahead of him as a passer at the same stage in his career.