PDA

View Full Version : Dislocated ankle for Fitzgerald....

Hasu Dackds
11-23-2017, 11:57 PM
While that sucks, that?s much better than a break. Although chances are good he has a fracture somewhere. Still should be back, and not a career ender.

Irondawg
11-24-2017, 12:03 AM
I thought the general rule with an ankle was a break was better than lots of ligament damage.

Praying for a full and speedy recovery either way

Westdawg
11-24-2017, 12:04 AM
I would just about have a sure bet that he has a fracture. Elbows, wrists, and ankles usually have one with a dislocation the level he had

Activated Alpha
11-24-2017, 12:06 AM
Dislocation of the ankle can cause serious damage. The way it was rotated, he was lucky it wasn't an open dislocation. The only consolation I can think of, is that if it was a bad dislocation then he would be in surgery instead of on the sidelines

WinningIsRelentless
11-24-2017, 12:08 AM
It wasn't bad they set it on the field

Hasu Dackds
11-24-2017, 12:13 AM
It wasn't bad they set it on the field

Yeah it was about as good as it could have been.

DudyDawg
11-24-2017, 12:17 AM
Was watching game w an athletic trainer at another school. Said originally dislocated but that I.T can be bad enough to lose the foot if blood flow is cut. Said since they x rayd and let him back out that he will be fine come next fall, barring any unforeseen ligament damage. But the fact they let him hang around told him enough. So he says.

Coach007
11-24-2017, 12:17 AM
Thats great news

Hail State
11-24-2017, 12:20 AM
While that sucks, that?s much better than a break. Although chances are good he has a fracture somewhere. Still should be back, and not a career ender.

I'd bet my mortgage he never takes a fast step again. Cocksuckin Mother****ers.

ScoobaDawg
11-24-2017, 12:24 AM

Look up 2 posts...

Statecoachingblows**
11-24-2017, 12:27 AM
WhT I saw on tv looked much worse than dislocation. I hope that’s the case but I have my reservations. It looked really bad. I will say, Fitz again gutted it out for the maroon and white. Guys a 5 star in terms of heart and commitment.

Statecoachingblows**
11-24-2017, 12:29 AM
Was watching game w an athletic trainer at another school. Said originally dislocated but that I.T can be bad enough to lose the foot if blood flow is cut. Said since they x rayd and let him back out that he will be fine come next fall, barring any unforeseen ligament damage. But the fact they let him hang around told him enough. So he says.

Glad to see/read/hear this.

Activated Alpha
11-24-2017, 12:38 AM
WhT I saw on tv looked much worse than dislocation. I hope that’s the case but I have my reservations. It looked really bad. I will say, Fitz again gutted it out for the maroon and white. Guys a 5 star in terms of heart and commitment.

Not going to get that type of rotation with a simple break. Dislocation with a break is very possible though. However like I said, if it was career ending serious he would not be on the sidelines

DudyDawg
11-24-2017, 12:43 AM
WhT I saw on tv looked much worse than dislocation. I hope that?s the case but I have my reservations. It looked really bad. I will say, Fitz again gutted it out for the maroon and white. Guys a 5 star in terms of heart and commitment.

Oh I absolutely thought he snapped just about everything you could when it happened. But the trainer i was w didn?t flinch, said dislocated, they reset on the field to get him in the air cast and xray in the locker room. If they let him back out the xray was most surely negative. I believe the long time spent on the field was to eval and reset. And the time in the dressing room was to X-ray and load him up w pain meds.... no breaks but surely hurt like hell

Looked a hell of a lot like what happened to gordon Hayward

Hasu Dackds
11-24-2017, 09:10 AM

Someone pretty close to the situation. Freak out if you want to waste your time. I’d suggest being thankful that it wasn’t that bad and that Fitz will be our QB next year, and that we will likely demolish these ****s in Oxford next year when it matters.

CJDAWG85
11-24-2017, 09:11 AM
He broke his fibula too. Had surgery at 8:00 this morning.

Dawgology
11-24-2017, 09:22 AM
He broke his fibula too. Had surgery at 8:00 this morning.

Hope he gets well and makes a comeback. I was happy to see KT settle in late in the game. He will be a good one for us down the road.

dmdezigns
11-24-2017, 09:26 AM
Dislocated ankle is more serious than some other dislocations. This is by most accounts a 4 to 9 month recovery. And yes, he had surgery this morning. Being on the field just tells us that they didn't think he was losing blood flow to the area and that it wasn't an open fracture. I feel bad for him.

Dawgface
11-24-2017, 09:37 AM
Hope he gets well and makes a comeback. I was happy to see KT settle in late in the game. He will be a good one for us down the road.

Even if Fitz recovers and can play next year, I can see KT getting a lot more playing time. He really needs to add some good weight in the off season. As I'm sure he will.

Bothrops
11-24-2017, 10:52 AM
The running element from Fitz' game won't be the same next year. He will have to be more stationary. The Sharks got the revenge they sought, even though blaming us for their woes shouldn't help them. Mission accomplished. We're now a different team from what we hoped going into next year.

Hasu Dackds
11-24-2017, 10:56 AM
The running element from Fitz' game won't be the same next year. He will have to be more stationary. The Sharks got the revenge they sought, even though blaming us for their woes shouldn't help them. Mission accomplished. We're now a different team from what we hoped going into next year.

We will also have better WRs. We never should have been riding Fitz the way we were. He’s not the best running between the tackles. But we had no other choice.

Lord McBuckethead
11-24-2017, 11:48 AM
Other than screen passes to slow there downhill attack.