PDA

View Full Version : Time Management

Matt3467
11-23-2017, 11:37 PM
It seems to be a recurring theme that we shoot ourselves in the foot in games where time management counts. We either don't use our timeouts or we use them like candy. Not just timeouts though; we seem to not have a sense of urgency about us when time counts. One thing that erks me the most about our last score was that we were down at the 2 or 3 with a little over 2 minutes left and after several attempts to run the ball in we were left with 1:05 on the clock. To me that's unacceptable when we have already blown our timeouts. This game hurts more than any other game on our schedule and more than a loss in a bowl game would to me. Regardless of what Mullen said in a press conference the other day about the program being elevated and the Egg Bowl not holding the level of prominence it once held; This one game is the game that the majority of the fan base would pick out to win if we could only have one win a year. I'm astounded at the time management miscues and the overall lack of discipline we showed as a team today. This sucks.