PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion - Is he gone?

Msujd164
11-23-2017, 11:24 PM
Not a bitching each other out thread. Just your gut feeling. Chatter is pretty heavy now that things are going to move quick. I have a bad feeling. I think Dan is gone.

the59dawg
11-23-2017, 11:31 PM
Why you think that?

QuadrupleOption
11-23-2017, 11:33 PM
I don't. UT is a shitshow and an extra $2 million a year won't change that.

Msujd164
11-23-2017, 11:36 PM
I don't have any sources. Just the chatter seems more likely that he leaves in years past. Adding that into the coaching "life expectancy" at one school. I just have a bad feeling.

Beaver
11-23-2017, 11:42 PM
Not to UT. They're getting Gruden.

Political Hack
11-23-2017, 11:44 PM
Last year was the first year I was worried and maybe I’ve become numb to it, but Ive heard from two very, very reliable people tonight that 1) he’s getting a big raise and Grantham is too and 2) he’s not going to UT.

Msujd164
11-23-2017, 11:44 PM
I don't have any sources. Just the chatter seems more likely that he leaves in years past. Adding that into the coaching "life expectancy" at one school. I just have a bad feeling.

Cooterpoot
11-23-2017, 11:48 PM
He’s not leaving. Unless something crazy happens he’s back.

trob115
11-23-2017, 11:49 PM
Quit with the woe is me, Msu attitude. He isn't leaving.

Commercecomet24
11-23-2017, 11:49 PM
Y?all listen to Hack!

NCDawg
11-23-2017, 11:53 PM
Last year was the first year I was worried and maybe I?ve become numb to it, but Ive heard from two very, very reliable people tonight that 1) he?s getting a big raise and Grantham is too and 2) he?s not going to UT.

We need to hire a DB coach who can coach players to not let W/R's get behind them.

Irondawg
11-23-2017, 11:54 PM
i would have said no until I saw his lack of being pissed at losing to OM during most of the game. Makes me second guess that maybe he knew he was leaving and just didn't want to get that worked up about it

DudyDawg
11-23-2017, 11:54 PM
Other than the bullshit C34, what chatter is there? I don?t see why he?d leave other than for a USC, ND, similar blue blood w a big bank. Tenn ain?t that. Look at their last 3 hires for proof.

DudyDawg
11-23-2017, 11:55 PM
i would have said no until I saw his lack of being pissed at losing to OM during most of the game. Makes me second guess that maybe he knew he was leaving and just didn't want to get that worked up about it

I don?t get that. Some people yell and scream. Some don?t. You want him punching our true freshman in the stomach to get him and the rest of the O to hold on to the ball? What?s he supposed to do?

SPMT
11-23-2017, 11:57 PM
To UT?!

He still won’t beat Saban.

He will get fired in three years.

UT is another rebuild (a rebuild going on 10 years), where the in state talent sucks and they have to recruit nationally. And Dan isn’t close to a good to great recruiter. He’s average at that.

He will be back coordinating for $1mil.

Good luck with that.

Dawgface
11-24-2017, 12:02 AM
I will be surprised if he does. You have to figure he will get a raise as PH stated. Good team coming back, recruiting getting better particularly with OM's probation and as we all know.... 8 wins here goes a lot further than at TN.

ElitedawgRecruiting
11-24-2017, 12:04 AM
If he is leaving, why was he coaching up
Players after the game was over. Pointing shit out to Cooke and KT.

TXDawg
11-24-2017, 12:05 AM
Why even start this bullshit thread? What we ‘think’ doesn’t even matter. How about we celebrate the best coach in MSU history and hope for a speedy recovery for Fitz?

To even start this shit right now tells me you’ve got serious issues.

WSOPdawg
11-24-2017, 12:06 AM
No, not to UT, not this year imo. I can see it maybe in a year or two after next year's team really shows out in 2018 (legit top-10 team). I see this a nothing more than Rebel propaganda that they get started this time EVERY DAMN YEAR!!!

Man I hate those 17'n bustards!!!

BayouDawg
11-24-2017, 12:10 AM
Now that I?ve calmed down and am thinking rationally again I think (hope) he stays. Not sure how I feel about a big raise though.
This game tonight was a total cluster from the get go. The land sharts were playing with nothing to lose and we lost our leader. From then on everything that could go wrong went wrong.
The sharts showed their true colors on national tv. They are a pathetic waste. They contribute nothing to society.
These past two games have been weird. Someone needs to make a sacrifice to the dead Indians and quick!

Msujd164
11-24-2017, 12:12 AM
Why even start this bullshit thread? What we ‘think’ doesn’t even matter. How about we celebrate the best coach in MSU history and hope for a speedy recovery for Fitz?

To even start this shit right now tells me you’ve got serious issues.

Yea, we should all just ignore it. Maybe just bury our heads, rather than discuss it on a MESSAGE BOARD.

NCDawg
11-24-2017, 12:15 AM

That's kinda' what I was thinking also. He didn't seem to be too upset during the game, and he appeared to praise Luke a lot after the game.

Political Hack
11-24-2017, 12:16 AM
We need to hire a DB coach who can coach players to not let W/R's get behind them.

You may get your wish. I love our defensive coaches but when your home calls, you listen. I think we?ll likley have at least 1 defensive coach leave... if he?s offered.

camsu
11-24-2017, 12:19 AM
According to staff in Front office. He is not going anywhere for sure this yr.

Schultzy
11-24-2017, 12:22 AM
Rumors from money grips @ tg bf the game UT offered him 10 million; who knows if true or not.

Coach007
11-24-2017, 12:23 AM
Listening to him, I would say no.

But we will pony up more money.

DudyDawg
11-24-2017, 12:27 AM
You may get your wish. I love our defensive coaches but when your home calls, you listen. I think we?ll likley have at least 1 defensive coach leave... if he?s offered.

Can i get a hint on who you?re referring to.... or do I need to brush up on my hieroglyphics

KOdawg1
11-24-2017, 12:31 AM
Can i get a hint on who you?re referring to.... or do I need to brush up on my hieroglyphics

T Buck

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2017, 12:32 AM
Not a bitching each other out thread. Just your gut feeling. Chatter is pretty heavy now that things are going to move quick. I have a bad feeling. I think Dan is gone.

No, what the man himself is saying doesn't sound like a guy that is leaving.

BulldogDX55
11-24-2017, 12:34 AM
How many more times does he have to say he isn?t leaving before people chill out?

Cooterpoot
11-24-2017, 12:36 AM
T Buck

T Buck is leaving. He’s headed to FSU.

Parker Street
11-24-2017, 12:36 AM
To UT?!

He still won?t beat Saban.

He will get fired in three years.

UT is another rebuild (a rebuild going on 10 years), where the in state talent sucks and they have to recruit nationally. And Dan isn?t close to a good to great recruiter. He?s average at that.

He will be back coordinating for $1mil.

Good luck with that.

Tennessee has ALWAYS recruited nationally. They also have the largest recruiting budget in the nation. There is talent on the team. They just need a good coach.

Cooterpoot
11-24-2017, 12:39 AM
Dan is staying and that’s a damn good thing. There will be raises and an increased recruiting budget. Once the DUDE is done, we start on football facilities again.

Charlie_Sheen420
11-24-2017, 12:39 AM
Rumors from money grips @ tg bf the game UT offered him 10 million; who knows if true or not.

That's what they were offering Gruden supposively, I doubt they would give that high to Dan, 7 I can see maybe

Political Hack
11-24-2017, 12:40 AM
T Buck is leaving. He’s headed to FSU.

I haven’t heard that’s confirmed and if Jimbo goes to A&M that could change quickly, so I think it’s a wait and see situation still. But yeah, that wouldn’t shock me.

Political Hack
11-24-2017, 12:40 AM

I’ve heard the offer is 7-8 million and state is at 5.7 and he’s still not going there...

Because he’s a ninja and loves where he’s at.

Charlie_Sheen420
11-24-2017, 12:41 AM
Tennessee has ALWAYS recruited nationally. They also have the largest recruiting budget in the nation. There is talent on the team. They just need a good coach.

Hello Troll

drummerdawg
11-24-2017, 12:43 AM
Yall need to watch his post game comments on the job topic.

https://twitter.com/HailStateFB/status/933915134061367296

DudyDawg
11-24-2017, 12:46 AM
T Buck

Gotcha, thanks. Isn?t one of our better recruiting guys? I try not to follow it much for health reasons....

DudyDawg
11-24-2017, 12:50 AM
Yall need to watch his post game comments on the job topic.

https://twitter.com/HailStateFB/status/933915134061367296

Any idea on times he spoke about the job?

preachermatt83
11-24-2017, 12:53 AM
He ain't leaving.

Mimi's Babies
11-24-2017, 12:53 AM
Last year was the first year I was worried and maybe I?ve become numb to it, but Ive heard from two very, very reliable people tonight that 1) he?s getting a big raise and Grantham is too and 2) he?s not going to UT.

Hack, you left off.... AND.... OM is getting taken DOWN.... #HAILSTATE.... #GTHOM.....

IMissJack
11-24-2017, 12:54 AM
After the shit show that I witnessed the first 3 qtrs tonight, I told my son I would not be surprised if he did. Nothing but pure negativity at the time.

Political Hack
11-24-2017, 12:58 AM

1) recruiting 3 starts from other states does not constitute ?recruiting nationally?

2) UT cannot get the best players from GA, AL, FL, LA, MS, SC, NC, or VA like they did in the 80?s and 90?s.

3) There?s no room for growth there.

4) your fans are bat shit crazy and expect to win with no talent

5) the athletic department has rinna HUGE deficit up despite having a 100k+ stadium. Rookies.

6) Slive rule held strong for 2 decades.

7) 20 year?s at State for 6 million a pop is better than 4 years at UT for $7 million a pop.

8) your permanent is Bama. If you win the east, you get the pleasure of having your ass whipped again (probably by Bama) in the SECCG.

drummerdawg
11-24-2017, 12:58 AM
Any idea on times he spoke about the job?

Around the 4:30 mark I believe.

Cooterpoot
11-24-2017, 12:59 AM
I haven’t heard that’s confirmed and if Jimbo goes to A&M that could change quickly, so I think it’s a wait and see situation still. But yeah, that wouldn’t shock me.

Jimbo isn’t leaving FSU. A&M is going to get screwed unless they decide to pay Saban money.

Political Hack
11-24-2017, 01:03 AM
Jimbo isn’t leaving FSU. A&M is going to get screwed unless they decide to pay Saban money.

Lmao. Saban isn’t going to A&M. I don’t care if they offered $20 million a year.

Charlie_Sheen420
11-24-2017, 01:07 AM
1) recruiting 3 starts from other states does not constitute ?recruiting nationally?

2) UT cannot get the best players from GA, AL, FL, LA, MS, SC, NC, or VA like they did in the 80?s and 90?s.

5) the athletic department has rinna HUGE deficit up despite having a 100k+ stadium. Rookies.

7) 20 year?s at State for 6 million a pop is better than 4 years at UT for $7 million a pop.

8) your permanent is Bama. If you win the east, you get the pleasure of having your ass whipped again (probably by Bama) in the SECCG.

Don't bother making points with Parker he's a troll look at post count and creation date

Commercecomet24
11-24-2017, 02:38 AM

Correct on all points!

Todd4State
11-24-2017, 03:10 AM
No I don't think he's leaving because of Hack's points. But I'll add this- if he was at Tennessee and lost to Vanderbilt tonight the way he did Tennessee fans wouldn't be like us and understand that the loss was mainly because of our starting QB getting hurt.

And they sure as hell wouldn't have been OK with Hevesy staying around for 9 years like us either.

BulldogBear
11-24-2017, 03:22 AM

Hack gets it

Maybe this is about more $ from us but it's not about leaving

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-24-2017, 03:27 AM

same exact thing was said when we lost the last egg bowl in Starkville...someone said ?he was smiling, he don?t care, he?s gone.? Hahaha

3rdGen
11-24-2017, 03:28 AM
Why even start this bullshit thread? What we ?think? doesn?t even matter. How about we celebrate the best coach in MSU history and hope for a speedy recovery for Fitz?

To even start this shit right now tells me you?ve got serious issues.

This^. Nailed it.

Todd4State
11-24-2017, 03:30 AM
same exact thing was said when we lost the last egg bowl in Starkville...someone said ?he was smiling, he don?t care, he?s gone.? Hahaha

Well....

Then Georgia got rid of Mark Richt or Dan would be at Miami right now.

And remember we had a totally different AD and Ole Miss's investigation had not formally started at that time in 2015.

Todd4State
11-24-2017, 03:33 AM
Hack gets it

Maybe this is about more $ from us but it's not about leaving

I think Tennessee wants Dan because he's a good coach. We should be flattered. I think we were going to give him a raise anyway and maybe a little more of one now. If Tennessee offers him 7 million I think we could match that.

I thin be stays again because we're a better situation for him at the moment.

msbulldog
11-24-2017, 09:55 AM

Great news, thanks Hack.

Jack Lambert
11-24-2017, 10:06 AM

Our school has money and believe it we have boosters with money. If they want him to stay he will stay. On the flip side TN already has two other Head Coaches they are paying for and are we sure their boosters are going to want to pay out that kind of money on Mullen.

Jack Lambert
11-24-2017, 10:09 AM
I think Tennessee wants Dan because he's a good coach. We should be flattered. I think we were going to give him a raise anyway and maybe a little more of one now. If Tennessee offers him 7 million I think we could match that.

I thin be stays again because we're a better situation for him at the moment.

One thing for sure Sexton is one rich mother humper.

RocketDawg
11-24-2017, 10:17 AM
I don't think he's gone. We can pay him whatever it takes and its probably not totally about money anyway. I'm sure his ego wants him to be the highest paid coach in the country though. At some point he's not worth it and we could get somebody better.

preachermatt83
11-24-2017, 10:40 AM
Lmao. Saban isn’t going to A&M. I don’t care if they offered $20 million a year.

I think he was saying unless they paid the next coach Saban like money.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2017, 10:44 AM
I think he was saying unless they paid the next coach Saban like money.

If A&M decided they wanted Saban bad enough they DO have enough money to get him. They are by far the richest school in the SEC. it would take an insane amount of money, and I don’t think they are insane so it won’t happen.

32 Dive
11-24-2017, 11:16 AM
No