PDA

View Full Version : Play makers

Dawgfan77
09-28-2013, 01:22 PM
I heard Van Pelt and Rusillo talking yesterday about how OM has play makers that will give Bama fits and Van pelt brought up that this game reminds him of the MSU game last year but noted that we didnt have any play makers. Rusillo brought up a good point when he stated when was the last time MSU had a play maker.
My question is why don't we have play makers, is it recruiting, offensive schemes or both.

Coach34
09-28-2013, 01:26 PM
we've had outstanding RB's- but where we have always lacked in recruiting is QB and WR aka "playmakers"

Why is that you ask?

Name the 2 positions Mississippi produces the least of? QB's and WR's

There is your answer

missouridawg
09-28-2013, 01:28 PM
When Mullen and Co. work closer with the MS high schools on passing the ball, the number of D1 QBs and WRs will go up. You got to start them early.

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Along with the fact that MS doesn't produce theses types of players. It's recruiting and what type of athlete and player is attracted to our school. Skill players, especially receivers, are generally divas by nature, and that personality trait isn't one that is usually attracted to our school. However, its also why we have little turn over and attrition from our team. There are positives and negatives to both sides.

The key is MSU's ability to understand who they are how they will have to recruit to be successful. Outside of a player here and there, top WRs aren't likely to be attracted to MSU's blue collar mentality anytime soon. However, OL man, D-lineman, linebackers, and stud work horse RBs should be. Therefore, IMO, we need to focus on maximizing our recruiting on the type of players we are able to attract. We should attempt, from a player personnel perspective, to be the Wisconsin of SEC football.

Dawgfan77
09-28-2013, 01:30 PM
Agree about MS not producing much at WR. I think I am just sick of hearing about how Rebs have Scott Moncrief and Paidwell

msstate7
09-28-2013, 01:39 PM
To beat bama you have to have an elite qb. Look at the teams that have beaten bama -- auburn (cam), Florida (tebow), and aTm (manziel). All of those teams had heisman winning qb's. Can Wallace be that type of qb? I don't think so