PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Thanksgiving, Egg Bowl, & long weekend

BeastMan
11-22-2017, 10:50 PM
Just settled down for the holiday. Finally opened that bottle of Buffalo Trace and poured a 2 finger neat drink. Big day tomorrow

BeastMan
11-23-2017, 02:39 PM
Today’s plate. Couldn’t finish and I need a nap...

https://s26.postimg.org/z45w5k1ux/F25_D33_AB-_AEAB-4652-9523-7_A1_AE7_BECA96.jpg

Howboutdemdogs
11-25-2017, 04:32 PM
We will have a total of 4 Turkey Day meals after tonight. A bit much, but it is family. 2 smoked, 1 fried, and one baked. (We fried a turkey at our tailgate) They were told that they will have to wait until I get back from hunting this PM. The afternoon belongs to me.

Howboutdemdogs
11-25-2017, 04:38 PM
Tapped 3 different bottles this holiday season: Bulleit, Basil Hayden, and Woodford Reserve. All 3 are fine Straight Double Neat. Thinking hard on purchasing the Woodford Reserve Masters Collection. If I do, someone will have to walk my dumb ass through on posting pics here. Still can't do it. It needs to be shared.

BeastMan
11-25-2017, 09:20 PM
Glad to see someone else in here lol. Slow weekend.

BrunswickDawg
11-25-2017, 10:16 PM
Glad to see someone else in here lol. Slow weekend.
Travel to Vegas and back did me in this weekend. Left Columbus at 6 am yesterday for a 9 hour drive on 4 hours sleep so we could get BD, Jr back for his report time for band. At least Glynn Academy won and I get to see MSU commit Griffin McDowell next week when we play Lee County in the Final Four. Drowned my sorrows tonight with a Burnt Ends sandwich and fried green beans from Southern Soul and am now sipping a Bulleit Manhattan.

Howboutdemdogs
11-26-2017, 12:27 AM
Damn, I am fatter now after this Holiday. We have so many desserts left, and I am not going to let them spoil. I'll just man up and clean each container over the next few days.

Offshore Dawg
11-26-2017, 04:46 PM
Damn, I am fatter now after this Holiday. We have so many desserts left, and I am not going to let them spoil. I'll just man up and clean each container over the next few days.

THAT SIR SOUNDS LIKE THE PROPER ATTITUDE.

SpeckleDawg
11-26-2017, 05:31 PM
We ate like crazy all week, but I had little service while hunting to post any pics. Some good bucks and several ducks killed. Awesome week.