PDA

View Full Version : OT: Jackson Area Golfers...

TimberBeast
11-22-2017, 10:12 AM
Will be in Jacktown this week for Thanksgiving and looking for a public course to play on Friday preferably around Brandon / Flowood. Looks like the Refuge is shut down while they are working on that one. I know of Patrick Farms around Pearl but that's farther away than I would like to go, but not out of the question. Thanks for any suggestions.

ScottH
11-22-2017, 10:31 AM
Call Castlewoods.

They float between private and semi private. They were accepting green fees a couple of months ago.

Spiderman
11-22-2017, 10:32 AM
Will be in Jacktown this week for Thanksgiving and looking for a public course to play on Friday preferably around Brandon / Flowood. Looks like the Refuge is shut down while they are working on that one. I know of Patrick Farms around Pearl but that's farther away than I would like to go, but not out of the question. Thanks for any suggestions.

Bay Pointe

iPat09
11-22-2017, 10:44 AM
Bay Pointe

Is that one public? I always thought it was part of the neighborhood. My grandfather lived there until he passed. I remember we would sit out on the pier for the pond and watch golfers on the other side. It's a good course.

TimberBeast
11-22-2017, 10:50 AM
Call Castlewoods.

They float between private and semi private. They were accepting green fees a couple of months ago.

Yeah Castlewoods is what I was hoping for but they have a Black Friday tournament going on there that is members only.

Hasu Dackds
11-22-2017, 11:39 AM
Is that one public? I always thought it was part of the neighborhood. My grandfather lived there until he passed. I remember we would sit out on the pier for the pond and watch golfers on the other side. It's a good course.

It is public. Fairways are very narrow, be ready for that

TimberBeast
11-22-2017, 12:27 PM
It is public. Fairways are very narrow, be ready for that

Thanks for the suggestions guys, got a tee time at bay pointe, will probably struggle to finish by dark but should be fun.