PDA

View Full Version : Cole smith

justwin
11-22-2017, 12:09 AM
So let me get this straight. Cole grew up nearby MSU, his dad played for MSU, he has an opportunity to redshirt while Jenkins is a senior and then be a 4 year starter, can be the center for multiple highly rated qbs, get a ton of exposure playing in front of those qbs, has officially visited LSU when they barely beat Syracuse, LSUs offense is losing guice, etling, chark too

What am I missing? Is MSU really out of it?

Cole, come to MSU. Need you

Leroy Jenkins
11-22-2017, 12:38 AM
So let me get this straight. Cole grew up nearby MSU, his dad played for MSU, he has an opportunity to redshirt while Jenkins is a senior and then be a 4 year starter, can be the center for multiple highly rated qbs, get a ton of exposure playing in front of those qbs, has officially visited LSU when they barely beat Syracuse, LSUs offense is losing guice, etling, chark too

What if......... we are just not that high on him as a player? Ive got nothing to base an opinion on, but it takes two as they say. Or potentially, he really just likes LSU.

Homedawg
11-22-2017, 12:46 AM
What if......... we are just not that high on him as a player?

Can't be, internet says so and lsu is never wrong,see dak.....

PassInterference
11-22-2017, 12:49 AM
LSU offered before us. That made a difference, apparently.

Don?t think for a second that we aren?t high on Cole.

Leroy Jenkins
11-22-2017, 12:52 AM

If thats true, then hopefully he sees the light.

Todd4State
11-22-2017, 12:57 AM
We've offered him and we are recruiting him so I assume we would take him. Let's let it play out and see what happens.

maroonmania
11-22-2017, 09:07 PM

If he really wanted to go to MSU that fact would not have made a hill of beans difference.

Cooterpoot
11-22-2017, 09:22 PM
He’s got LSU people in his family too. His dad is staying out of it. The kid doesn’t want to come here.

Reason2succeed
11-22-2017, 09:33 PM
My brother in law who is also a MSU grad had a daughter before he married my wife’s sister. His daughter went to OM. I can’t help but think it was to spite him. He’s a real piece of work and that’s saying it nicely.

I’m not saying that this is the issue with Cole but....

maroonmania
11-22-2017, 09:47 PM
The kid doesn’t want to come here.

^^^ This.

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2017, 10:06 PM
After th job he has done this year, leave Heave alone. In fact give him a raise.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2017, 10:13 PM
Why are we having kids grow up in Starkville or legacies that don’t want to go to MSU?

Commercecomet24
11-22-2017, 10:26 PM
Why are we having kids grow up in Starkville or legacies that don’t want to go to MSU?

Gun you?re brain is gonna blow up trying to figure out the reason for everything that happens, especially when it involves teenagers lol

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2017, 10:33 PM

He is a teenager and you are looking at a logical reason for what he did? Lol

He is from Pontotoc, you better be happy you aren't melting down about him going to UM. That is UM territory for sure.

Tripp McNeely
11-22-2017, 10:42 PM
Be patient...let it play out...from both sides

NCDawg
11-22-2017, 11:05 PM

In that case, the question arises why we didn't offer him first. I assume he was high on our list.

Cooterpoot
11-22-2017, 11:12 PM
What if I told you State fans want him more than State coaches. What if I told you he wasn’t a priority. What if I told you he wasn’t impressive at camps.

Spiderman
11-22-2017, 11:21 PM
Is he Brent's boy?

Coursesuper
11-22-2017, 11:37 PM
Is he Brent's boy?

Yep

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2017, 11:38 PM
What if I told you State fans want him more than State coaches. What if I told you he wasn’t a priority. What if I told you he wasn’t impressive at camps.
They will still bitch and moan.

CadaverDawg
11-23-2017, 12:50 AM

I would tell you

https://i.imgur.com/okp66FD.gif

Just looking at sheer numbers of OL bodies, we wouldn’t turn down a legacy OL that LSU is after imo. Not that I’m terribly worried about Smith either way. I just think our staff would like to have him, if for nothing more than depth.

Dawg61
11-23-2017, 01:50 AM
This thread does not exist till January.

JDAWG21
11-23-2017, 06:32 AM
Avid state fan here. Long time reader first time poster. A couple months ago I heard from people who were around Cole everyday that we weren't very interested and many other SEC schools think he is undersized as well. Played with a huge chip on his shoulder because of it. Coaches said no one practices or plays harder. Unless things have changed within the past couple months my hope for him to be in the class is very low. State's interest just hasn't been there like some may think

Dawg61
11-23-2017, 08:50 AM
Avid state fan here. Long time reader first time poster. A couple months ago I heard from people who were around Cole everyday that we weren't very interested and many other SEC schools think he is undersized as well. Played with a huge chip on his shoulder because of it. Coaches said no one practices or plays harder. Unless things have changed within the past couple months my hope for him to be in the class is very low. State's interest just hasn't been there like some may think

Thanks for telling us about Ray Lewis dressed in Cole Smith's body in your 1st post on Egg Bowl day and that we aren't interested in Ray Lewis Smith.

PlattsburgDawg
11-23-2017, 08:55 AM

Hmmm, some of you could be very surprised in January.

Hasu Dackds
11-23-2017, 08:58 AM

A lot of misinformation in this thread. Bottom line is the boy has always liked LSU and never really wanted to go to State. It is what it is.

msstatelp1
11-23-2017, 10:05 AM
Why are we having kids grow up in Starkville or legacies that don?t want to go to MSU?

We should hang our head in shame since all of Archie's sons went to OM.****

Bully13
11-23-2017, 10:22 AM
Useless thread unless iyok has info he'd like to share.

justwin
11-23-2017, 10:30 AM
A lot of misinformation in this thread. Bottom line is the boy has always liked LSU and never really wanted to go to State. It is what it is.

There you have it

JDAWG21
11-23-2017, 12:53 PM
Delete