PDA

View Full Version : Contract extension

Msujd164
11-21-2017, 07:01 PM
Anyone think a contract extension could be in the works and announced during the game Thursday night?

Cooterpoot
11-21-2017, 07:14 PM
Nope. Things are about to get squirrelly.

1bigdawg
11-21-2017, 07:25 PM
Neither one. Mullen is staying. He will get some promises about his contract and other expenditures, but it will take a while to get to a contract.

Homedawg
11-21-2017, 07:28 PM
Nope. Things are about to get squirrelly.

This^

Dawgfan77
11-21-2017, 07:38 PM
This^
Not liking what I?m hearing

RocketDawg
11-21-2017, 07:48 PM
Don't think I've ever heard them announce anything about a coach's contract at a ball game.

Cooterpoot
11-21-2017, 07:57 PM
Next week is going to get crazy. With A&M opening up, lots of moving pieces possible. TN and FL may both miss out on their #1s. Get ready....going to be a bumpy ride.

VandelayIndustries
11-21-2017, 07:59 PM
That's not good to hear

DogsofAnarchy
11-21-2017, 08:08 PM
Anyone think a contract extension could be in the works and announced during the game Thursday night?

Isn’t going to be a bumpy ride nor will Dan be leaving. Of course for some of you that still don't believe that the media has an evil agenda, you may die from stress. But in the end, Dan Mullen will still be the coach of MSU.

Homedawg
11-21-2017, 08:15 PM

Don't over think anything. Things getting dicey or squirlley doesn't mean he's gone. But I assure you there will be overtures and it will be a nervous time for admin. Fans won't ever know, unless he leaves.

Coursesuper
11-21-2017, 08:18 PM
Don't over think anything. Things getting dicey or squirlley doesn't mean he's gone. But I assure you there will be overtures and it will be a nervous time for admin. Fans won't ever know, unless he leaves.

The A&M opening bothers me, if Fisher hauls ass from Fla St then I can see Mullen leaving for Tallahassee. That is a no brainer.

RocketDawg
11-21-2017, 08:19 PM

Unless he gets a huge raise to stay. And I wouldn't mind him getting a substantial one. College head coach's salaries are absolutely ridiculous, but you've got to stay competitive.

gravedigger
11-21-2017, 08:22 PM
Isn’t going to be a bumpy ride nor will Dan be leaving. Of course for some of you that still don't believe that the media has an evil agenda, you may die from stress. But in the end, Dan Mullen will still be the coach of MSU.

Drop the media has an evil agenda crap. It?s the stuff of comic books. The ?evil? they have is profit. Nothing else. That?s all anything is. Hope truth and the merican way died with the last episode of happy days.

He will or won?t be coach based on pragmatism. What is best for him given his experience. He?s somewhere between wanting to conquer the college football world and wanting a slam dunk job for next year.

We?ll know soon enough. And either way, we?ll be fine.

Liverpooldawg
11-21-2017, 08:27 PM
Some of you just can't help it can you. They OWN you.

Dawgcentral
11-21-2017, 08:27 PM
I?m not worried in the least. Some of you are such Chicken Littles.
Say CDM goes to A&M for 10 freakin? Mill a year. Can?t win the west and gets canned after 3 years.
Say he stays at MSU, getting a steady raise that brings him to 6 Mill for the next 6 years. Might not win the west but he?s right in the running, and his wife can get the love.
Please.

Homedawg
11-21-2017, 08:46 PM

Delete

Dawgology
11-21-2017, 08:46 PM
Mullen isn’t going anywhere this year. He’s just not. Cohen understands what it will take to keep him and they have a very good relationship. These things aren’t done in a vacuum they involve people and relationships not just “our program is better than your program” rhetoric. Mullen is in a great place right now.

Homedawg
11-21-2017, 08:48 PM
Unless he gets a huge raise to stay. And I wouldn't mind him getting a substantial one. College head coach's salaries are absolutely ridiculous, but you've got to stay competitive.

He's gonna get a big bump. Don't worry about that.

MetEdDawg
11-21-2017, 08:50 PM
People are getting crazy because there are a lot of jobs open. That doesn’t mean he’s going to take one of them. We are an extremely insecure fan base

Liverpooldawg
11-21-2017, 08:52 PM
People are getting crazy because there are a lot of jobs open. That doesn’t mean he’s going to take one of them. We are an extremely insecure fan base

We are, but not all of them are "we".

SailingDawg
11-21-2017, 08:59 PM
Contract extensions aren't announced until long after the season. Lots of pieces of the puzzle to fall into place.

Mimi's Babies
11-21-2017, 09:00 PM
Just stop... with the Mullen is leaving mess... TRUST the man and His words.... He's happy where he is.... (paraphrased)

Why/who in the hell would want to go to OM, TN, FL or Texas AM with all the booster issues.... There are many issues at each of these schools
with the boosters running the athletic departments.... He would be starting over from the bottom.... Which one of these schools would allow 9 years of building a team from the bottom up... Mullen has been building MSU football program one game at a time. He has had to fight OM for recruits, while om paid them even in Starkville, MS, within 5 miles of the university... So just hang on, times are changing, but TRUST Coach Mullen and take him at HIS WORD and not the media's. Remember most of them don't get anything correct anyway.... Still NO COI as reported by a certain idiot in OM Media trash bag...

HaggardDawg
11-21-2017, 09:17 PM
Ate lunch with a friend who is a UT grad and member of the Country Club in Knoxville and he said he heard from boosters their trying to put a $10MM a year package together for Mullen. He said they offered Gruden $11MM but he declined. Not sure I believe it because people will bs you. He said, as a UT grad, that would be incredibly stupid for them to do.

Edited to add: if we can withstand the ride over the next few weeks, it will be a huge statement by Mullen to MSU if he stays. It communicates that there aren?t many, if any, jobs he?s willing to leave for.

Commercecomet24
11-21-2017, 09:19 PM
Ate lunch with a friend who is a UT grad and member of the Country Club in Knoxville and he said he heard from boosters their trying to put a $10MM a year package together for Mullen. He said they offered Gruden $11MM but he declined. Not sure I believe it because people will bs you. He said, as a UT grad, that would be incredibly stupid for them to do.

I love Dan but I can?t see anyone paying him Saban money....yet.

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2017, 09:20 PM

I can’t imagine any school pays 10 mil for Mullen

He simply hasn’t done enough to warrant that. Bad rumor

HaggardDawg
11-21-2017, 09:22 PM
I think they?re desperate enough up there to try. But y?all are right, they?ve taken chances on the last 3 hires and it bit them. I don?t see them paying Saban money to anyone but a national championship coach ala urban, Saban, chip Kelly, stoops, etc.

Liverpooldawg
11-21-2017, 09:22 PM

Edited to add: if we can withstand the ride over the next few weeks, it will be a huge statement by Mullen to MSU if he stays. It communicates that there aren?t many, if any, jobs he?s willing to leave for.

He was trolling you.

HaggardDawg
11-21-2017, 09:24 PM
I promise you he wasn?t trolling me. He said that?s what he heard from some big alums. Again, it may not have been from actual insiders.

t45fixer
11-21-2017, 09:28 PM
Have heard from a good source that the extension with Mullen is in the works and for staff also. Especially D-coordinator .

Jarius
11-21-2017, 09:29 PM
I promise you he wasn?t trolling me. He said that?s what he heard from some big alums. Again, it may not have been from actual insiders.

He probably was not trolling you. He’s probably just completely full of shit because Dan Mullen is not getting a 10 million dollar offer from anyone.

Reason2succeed
11-21-2017, 09:36 PM

TN is in debt because their WBB is no longer bring in money like it did under Summit. Their FB is underperforming and they have to fund Olympic sports. They ain’t paying Dan Mullen $10M a year! If they do God bless them because they’ve gone full retard.

HaggardDawg
11-21-2017, 09:37 PM
So i just talked to him again and he says he has now heard as of this afternoon that Gruden is a done deal and all the stuff about Mullen is a ruse. Okay so
maybe not the most reliable source.

Commercecomet24
11-21-2017, 09:38 PM
I was in Knoxville 3 weeks ago and was talking with a couple of Doctors who are big ut boosters. These 2 wanted Les Miles and they told me there was a growing movement for Les. Reason being they?re tired of missing and wanted a proven winner. They also did say Gruden was first choice but didn?t think they would get him.Who knows how all this crap goes, it?s kinda fun watching all the experts in the media saying they know for sure who?s going where.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-21-2017, 09:42 PM
Only job that gives me pause is FSU & Mullen wouldn't be at the top of their list.

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2017, 09:44 PM
I can tell you with absolute certainty that Megan Mullen has no plans of moving. Her parents live in Starkville and let’s just say she has made some recent investments that people expecting to move don’t make.

Another thing to consider is their son Cannon’s use of the MSU golf facilities and how that helped him.

Not saying that something can’t happen, but the Mullen’s are not preparing to move in their per their actions in their private lives.

fader2103
11-21-2017, 09:48 PM
Only job that gives me pause is FSU & Mullen wouldn't be at the top of their list.

So you hold FSU as premier destination? Is it one of your dream jobs. Can u give us your top 5-10 jobs you?d leave for?

Coach34
11-21-2017, 09:51 PM
Hearing Mullen told Tenn and Sexton no
We are working on a raise for Mullen and Grantham
We arent out of the woods yet- there are some scenarios that could lure Mullen away- but he REALLYYYY doesnt want to leave the 2018 team to someone else.

There is going to be alot of shuffling and posturing with all the openings. Will be crazy this offseason

Coach34
11-21-2017, 09:52 PM
So you hold FSU as premier destination? Is it one of your dream jobs. Can u give us your top 5-10 jobs you?d leave for?

Mullen 100% leaves us for Fla State if he has the chance. And you couldnt blame him

bulldawg28
11-21-2017, 09:54 PM
Mullen 100% leaves us for Fla State if he has the chance. And you couldnt blame him

Based off what?

Liverpooldawg
11-21-2017, 09:57 PM

I don't think so. I think Mullen meant what he said when he came here. If he stays here long enough he is going to do it. When he does it will rank as one of the top coaching jobs of all time. I think THAT is what the man wants. We pay him well enough that he is already financially secure, and will be more so even if he stays.

Homedawg
11-21-2017, 10:00 PM
Have heard from a good source that the extension with Mullen is in the works and for staff also. Especially D-coordinator .

True. He's expressed a big raise for Todd. He will get paid too.

Coach34
11-21-2017, 10:00 PM
Based off what?

It's a better ****ing job and only an idiot wouldnt take it

Commercecomet24
11-21-2017, 10:02 PM
True. He's expressed a big raise for Todd. He will get paid too.

As well they should. They?ve earned it this year. Now here?s to hoping we finish with 2 more wins.

Liverpooldawg
11-21-2017, 10:03 PM
It's a better ****ing job and only an idiot wouldnt take it

And you desperately want him to. I don't think he cares about your opinion, or mine.

Coach34
11-21-2017, 10:03 PM
I don't think so. I think Mullen meant what he said when he came here. If he stays here long enough he is going to do it. When he does it will rank as one of the top coaching jobs of all time. I think THAT is what the man wants. We pay him well enough that he is already financially secure, and will be more so even if he stays.

Mullen also has said many times he believes a coach only has a 10 year window at a school. So do you believe him when he says that?

dotcomdawg
11-21-2017, 10:04 PM
I'm very happy with what I'm hearing.

Coach34
11-21-2017, 10:05 PM
And you desperately want him to. I don't think he cares about your opinion, or mine.

I'm ok if he leaves- but in no way "desperately" want him to. If you are too dumb to acknowledge the Fla State job is better than ours- then you just need to stop posting because nobody will take you seriously.

fader2103
11-21-2017, 10:06 PM
I?m with you coach. I wouldn?t blame him if he left us for FSU, Bama, ND, OSU, Michigan, Texas and I will throw in TAMU just because I have always said they are a sleeping giant in CFB.....adding USCw

Liverpooldawg
11-21-2017, 10:07 PM
Mullen also has said many times he believes a coach only has a 10 year window at a school. So do you believe him when he says that?

I notice he hasn't been saying that in a long time. Since last year his tune has changed drastically, much to your chagrin.

Liverpooldawg
11-21-2017, 10:11 PM
I'm ok if he leaves- but in no way "desperately" want him to. If you are too dumb to acknowledge the Fla State job is better than ours- then you just need to stop posting because nobody will take you seriously.

It depends on whAt you want. If you want to be the latest guy to win at FSU, then fine. If you can ignore them basically running off Jimbo (IF it happens) within a very few years of his winning it all then fine. If you want to be Bobby Bowden then that ship has already sailed at FSU.

Liverpooldawg
11-21-2017, 10:13 PM
It never ceases to amaze me when "our" people start buying into this crap Egg Bowl week. It's like clock work, magnified this year due to the early signing period and the troubles up the road. They own us....still.

Bucky Dog
11-21-2017, 10:27 PM

Coach I don't think anyone doesn't think FSU, or TN, A&M, or FL, and others are better jobs, on paper. Money isn't always everything, and yes do those other programs have National Championships and history and such? Sure. But sometimes that's not all the matters to people.

I'm in the medical field and as I was approaching my 10 year anniversary with current company, one of the larger guys, with all the top products and ads and name all over the place offered me a job for a 20-25% pay raise with the possibility for more. But after I thought about it, I felt more at home at the smaller company where the president and VP know me by name and they have been very loyal to me, so I stayed where I was appreciated and important to leading this company to the next level with our new products around the corner.

May be a stupid example but, none of us knows what drives anyone to change jobs, or stay at a job. I know as a manager that the number 1 reason people leave their job, is their manager or direct report. The number 1 reason people stay at their job, their manager or direct report. These salaries for coaches are out of this world and a Guy already making $5-6MM doesn't need or leave for the money. It may be he wants that Natty, but also may not want to deal with the unknown pressures, booster involvement, and other and may just want to stay where the president and VP know him by name and told him they want him to lead their company to the next level.

Dawgology
11-21-2017, 10:31 PM
Anyone who says to me “our program is ready to break the bank to get Mullen” is actually saying “our football program is shit and we have to drop huge money to lure someone here because we can”. If TN is such an AMAZING job then why is it taking 10-11 million a year job offers to interest proven coaches?

No, some “blue-bloods” aren’t blue-bloods anymore. The times are changing. A real job offer from a real contender would look much different.

Coach34
11-21-2017, 10:32 PM
It never ceases to amaze me when "our" people start buying into this crap Egg Bowl week. It's like clock work, magnified this year due to the early signing period and the troubles up the road. They own us....still.

stop making ridiculous statements. Lots of head coaching openings and our Coach is in demand. It beats having Rockey or Croom as our HC. As I have said REPEATEDLY- he doesnt want anybody coaching this State 2018 team but him- BUT it doesnt mean there arent a few schools that could lure him away. Thats just being real and life of a coach. As I also said- he told Tenn to piss off so it will take a really good job to steal him away.

Acknowledging these things do nothing to hurt our school or give out little bro symptoms. Stop the dramatics Bette Midler

Dawgology
11-21-2017, 10:33 PM
Coach I don't think anyone doesn't think FSU, or TN, A&M, or FL, and others are better jobs, on paper. Money isn't always everything, and yes do those other programs have National Championships and history and such? Sure. But sometimes that's not all the matters to people.

I'm in the medical field and as I was approaching my 10 year anniversary with current company, one of the larger guys, with all the top products and ads and name all over the place offered me a job for a 20-25% pay raise with the possibility for more. But after I thought about it, I felt more at home at the smaller company where the president and VP know me by name and they have been very loyal to me, so I stayed where I was appreciated and important to leading this company to the next level with our new products around the corner.

May be a stupid example but, none of us knows what drives anyone to change jobs, or stay at a job. I know as a manager that the number 1 reason people leave their job, is their manager or direct report. The number 1 reason people stay at their job, their manager or direct report. These salaries for coaches are out of this world and a Guy already making $5-6MM doesn't need or leave for the money. It may be he wants that Natty, but also may not want to deal with the unknown pressures, booster involvement, and other and may just want to stay where the president and VP know him by name and told him they want him to lead their company to the next level.

This is what I was saying before. Fans get caught up in tradition more than coaches. This is about relationships as much as it is about anything else. Same as any other job.

preachermatt83
11-21-2017, 10:36 PM

This

nsvltndog
11-21-2017, 10:47 PM
FSU = great job, but I was surprised by some things I learned while on a college visit there w/ my son in August. At that time, they were a Top 5 team less than 10 days away from playing Bama. There was a lot of chatter around challenging for the national championship. Despite this, they were actively still trying to sell out their Club seats for both the season and individual games. Their top 2 home games, Clemson and Louisville, we're both still widely available. I was stunned by this given our club seats are consistently hard sellouts as season tickets. I've got some well connected Gator friends that were not at all surprised by that news and stated that the big dollar booster support is not nearly as strong at FSU as you would expect for a program of its caliber.

Activated Alpha
11-21-2017, 10:53 PM
Can someone please explain to me why Tallahassee and FSU are so irresistible to Mullen?

Liverpooldawg
11-21-2017, 10:54 PM
stop making ridiculous statements. Lots of head coaching openings and our Coach is in demand. It beats having Rockey or Croom as our HC. As I have said REPEATEDLY- he doesnt want anybody coaching this State 2018 team but him- BUT it doesnt mean there arent a few schools that could lure him away. Thats just being real and life of a coach. As I also said- he told Tenn to piss off so it will take a really good job to steal him away.

Acknowledging these things do nothing to hurt our school or give out little bro symptoms. Stop the dramatics Bette Midler
Little bro symptoms are shopping him for every job that come along, you have been doing that for years. You were saying the same thing about freaking MARYLAND last year. Yo don't know what Mullen wants anymore than I do. I DO listen to what he says. The vibes there this year are the strongest they have ever been. I believe we are a big boy program now and we are going to keep him till he does what he said he was going to do. I believe it CAN be done here, I'm not sure you do.

preachermatt83
11-21-2017, 10:59 PM
Listen closely...
1- Dan WILL NOT LEAVE FOR ANOTHER SEC SCHOOL- SLIVE RULE
2- Tenn is not paying ANYONE 10mil a year.
3- FlSt would def be considered by Dan but there are a million things that would have to fall in to place for him to get it. First being Jimbo leaving and that's unlikely.
4- There are less than 10 teams in college football dan would leave for
5- C34 is EXACTLY right... Dan really wants to coach the 2018 team and I'll add, he really wants to coach Mayden. Mayden will be the next cam newton

basedog
11-21-2017, 11:03 PM

Good for you, I can relate to what you said. Who you work for means a lot more to you in the long run. Enjoying relationships is huge and having your boss having your back is a big plus!

Fsu is better on a National level but if momma ain't happy life can be missable.

Dallas_Dawg
11-21-2017, 11:12 PM
I?m a little late but I?ve heard the 10 million dollar rumor from Tennessee supporters also. I heard Gruden is first choice and Mullen is second.
That could mean nothing more than a bad rumor making its way around Vol Nation but it?s definitely making its rounds.

Hasu Dackds
11-21-2017, 11:13 PM
Listen closely...
1- Dan WILL NOT LEAVE FOR ANOTHER SEC SCHOOL- SLIVE RULE
2- Tenn is not paying ANYONE 10mil a year.
3- FlSt would def be considered by Dan but there are a million things that would have to fall in to place for him to get it. First being Jimbo leaving and that's unlikely.
4- There are less than 10 teams in college football dan would leave for
5- C34 is EXACTLY right... Dan really wants to coach the 2018 team and I'll add, he really wants to coach Mayden. Mayden will be the next cam newton

Dude is 6?2?, 215 lbs. But yeah, next Cam Newton.

drummerdawg
11-21-2017, 11:20 PM

Maybe he meant Keytaon Thompson?

Liverpooldawg
11-21-2017, 11:21 PM

Have seen him? I've seen some stuff.......wow.

Bothrops
11-21-2017, 11:41 PM
Tennessee is desperate and prone to making irrational decisions. Mullen is too smart for that risk. A&M? Would Dan be interested in a giant Mississippi State?? FSU fans are the exact same as UF fans, btw.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-21-2017, 11:49 PM
I?m a little late but I?ve heard the 10 million dollar rumor from Tennessee supporters also. I heard Gruden is first choice and Mullen is second.
That could mean nothing more than a bad rumor making its way around Vol Nation but it?s definitely making its rounds.

It's a terrible rumor. Nobody is offering Mullen $10mil/yr.

Cooterpoot
11-21-2017, 11:51 PM
Dan?s not leaving. But rumors are going to blow up.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-21-2017, 11:56 PM
Dan?s not leaving. But rumors are going to blow up.

Yes but they could be handled so much better by us also.

CadaverDawg
11-22-2017, 12:01 AM
Yes but they could be handled so much better by us also.

No doubt

Coach34
11-22-2017, 12:22 AM
Little bro symptoms are shopping him for every job that come along, you have been doing that for years. You were saying the same thing about freaking MARYLAND last year. Yo don't know what Mullen wants anymore than I do. I DO listen to what he says. The vibes there this year are the strongest they have ever been. I believe we are a big boy program now and we are going to keep him till he does what he said he was going to do. I believe it CAN be done here, I'm not sure you do.

You have to be a woman. And his talks with Maryland were 2 years ago. Nobody was chasing him last offseason when we went 5-7

Anonymous
11-22-2017, 01:10 AM
Guys stop pissing your pants. He has us by the balls, is worth more to us than he is to anyone else. He's about to have won 9 games in 3 of the last 4 years, and he's the only person who has ever proven he can do that here. But guess what, there is a whole big ass line of people who can do that at some of these other schools.

What does that mean? It means he's worth 6 mil to us, but UT or UF or A&M can get a coach for 3-4 mil a year to win 9 games, they aren't going to throw 7+ at someone who hasn't proven they can win a championship.

Todd4State
11-22-2017, 01:26 AM
IF Dan wins the Egg Bowl and whatever bowl we go to he and the entire staff- yes even Hevesy- deserve a big raise.

I think he stays. Here's the thing no one is talking about- IF he really thinks the 2018 team is special and could be even championship caliber potential his earning potential is likely to be even better after 2018 than it even is now. And that's not to say that I think he would leave after 2018- sometimes in the job world the best job and fit is the job you currently have. I think that's the case with Dan after he has looked around some in the past. But if he does well again after 2018- let's theoretically say 11-1 with a road loss to Alabama I could see him getting 10 million from MSU if that's the rate for a coach of his caliber- and I do think it is starting to trend that way for the very best coaches in college. That is quite a jump in salary from where he is now, but I'm speculating that as long as he wins the Egg Bowl he will get at least 6 to 6.5 million from us probably.

At any rate if he finishes 9-4 or 10-3 with an Egg Bowl win and then has a special season next year, I would be totally fine paying him 10 million and I think that extra 4 million would be taken care of in terms of fan support and other extrinsic factors. A coach winning at a 9-12 game level is worth probably even more than 10 million to us to be honest because of what it would do for MSU.

Todd4State
11-22-2017, 01:29 AM
Tennessee is desperate and prone to making irrational decisions. Mullen is too smart for that risk. A&M? Would Dan be interested in a giant Mississippi State?? FSU fans are the exact same as UF fans, btw.

I'll be honest- going to Texas A&M this year it was just kind of meh. Plus you have a lot more pressure. I would honestly if given the choice just stay at MSU.

Mimi's Babies
11-22-2017, 08:12 AM

1,000,000 percent Correct.

Mimi's Babies
11-22-2017, 08:14 AM
IF Dan wins the Egg Bowl and whatever bowl we go to he and the entire staff- yes even Hevesy- deserve a big raise.

I think he stays. Here's the thing no one is talking about- IF he really thinks the 2018 team is special and could be even championship caliber potential his earning potential is likely to be even better after 2018 than it even is now. And that's not to say that I think he would leave after 2018- sometimes in the job world the best job and fit is the job you currently have. I think that's the case with Dan after he has looked around some in the past. But if he does well again after 2018- let's theoretically say 11-1 with a road loss to Alabama I could see him getting 10 million from MSU if that's the rate for a coach of his caliber- and I do think it is starting to trend that way for the very best coaches in college. That is quite a jump in salary from where he is now, but I'm speculating that as long as he wins the Egg Bowl he will get at least 6 to 6.5 million from us probably.

At any rate if he finishes 9-4 or 10-3 with an Egg Bowl win and then has a special season next year, I would be totally fine paying him 10 million and I think that extra 4 million would be taken care of in terms of fan support and other extrinsic factors. A coach winning at a 9-12 game level is worth probably even more than 10 million to us to be honest because of what it would do for MSU.

The assistant coaches salariy need to be raised before Dan's salary.

Entodawg
11-22-2017, 08:25 AM
I was in Oxford this weekend with some A&M people. One guy I didn?t know was a petroleum engineer and kept talking about how his boss is the biggest athletic donor at A&M and he?s been told Dabo Sweeney will be offered the job for $9M. Could be a lot of lies in that, but if they pulled that off, would Clemson be interested in Dan?

Really Clark?
11-22-2017, 08:31 AM
I was in Oxford this weekend with some A&M people. One guy I didn?t know was a petroleum engineer and kept talking about how his boss is the biggest athletic donor at A&M and he?s been told Dabo Sweeney will be offered the job for $9M. Could be a lot of lies in that, but if they pulled that off, would Clemson be interested in Dan?

That means they potentially have to wait around to the middle of Jan to get a coach. And if Clemson plays in the playoff again I have a hard time seeing Dabo leaving an established contender he built for A&M. Bama is the only school I could see him leaving Clemson for

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2017, 08:42 AM
I'll be honest- going to Texas A&M this year it was just kind of meh. Plus you have a lot more pressure. I would honestly if given the choice just stay at MSU.

A&M is an infinitely better job than TN

- A&M is one of the youngest teams in the country this year.
- Have the same size stadium as TN
- Better recruting ground
- Kellen Mond already on campus
- Has been a 7-9 win team already which is better than TN

Todd4State
11-22-2017, 08:55 AM
The assistant coaches salariy need to be raised before Dan's salary.

They all need to be raised.

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2017, 09:05 AM
You have to be a woman. And his talks with Maryland were 2 years ago. Nobody was chasing him last offseason when we went 5-7

Nope, not surprised you would resort to that tactic though. Just an old dawg who is tired of the same old MSU attitude and actions.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2017, 09:19 AM
FSU = great job, but I was surprised by some things I learned while on a college visit there w/ my son in August. At that time, they were a Top 5 team less than 10 days away from playing Bama. There was a lot of chatter around challenging for the national championship. Despite this, they were actively still trying to sell out their Club seats for both the season and individual games. Their top 2 home games, Clemson and Louisville, we're both still widely available. I was stunned by this given our club seats are consistently hard sellouts as season tickets. I've got some well connected Gator friends that were not at all surprised by that news and stated that the big dollar booster support is not nearly as strong at FSU as you would expect for a program of its caliber.

This doesn't surprise me because the program wasn't very good when most of the "big dollar" boosters were in school there.