PDA

View Full Version : Off Day Question

Rick Danko
09-28-2013, 08:57 AM
Interesting topic on the Dari and Mel show this morning on ESPN radio. They were talking about the emotional moment of Rivera in his final home game as a Yankee. I ask the board:

What was your most emotional sports moment in the history of your being a fan of Mississippi State. There may or may not be many, but just curious if any of you all have some to share.

I would have to say, as a younger fan, mine would be the moment of silence for Nick Bell that was ended by his mother ringing the cowbell. A lot of dust in the air that evening.

Any other moments to speak of?

ETA: This does not have to be a sad moment, but could be one of anger, joy, whatever.

State82
09-28-2013, 01:40 PM
As far as highs go, it would be the win over OSU in Omaha that put us in the championship series. Mainly because I had just driven 900 miles to see it. For me, that was absolutely epic. Only game I saw in Omaha this year, too. But it was well worth every mile out there and back. And I have seen many, many victories and losses over the years in every sport.

Tbonewannabe
09-28-2013, 01:54 PM
Memphis game, Hazelwood kicks game winner and holds up 21 for kieffer. Also Mario Haggan getting carted off and give thumb up

Drugdog
09-28-2013, 05:03 PM
One of mine is when we last played Miss. southern at home. They were in the Metro Conf. After the game I was chanting In an alcohol induced voice " way to go metro".

The Best was actually 2007 Regional Win vc Clemson. I was there with my Dad. He loved MSU Baseball. He passed away the next year, so that was the last time we were together at a baseball game. I have pictures of us, and the crowd rushing the field in my kitchen. Great memories.

CadaverDawg
09-28-2013, 05:06 PM
On the field, I would have to say seeing Sleepy Robinson get hurt as a child....that one stung.

Off the field, the Jerious Norwood Conerly trophy speech was extremely emotional