PDA

View Full Version : Shea Patterson Rue-mor

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2017, 10:43 AM
Word going round that he is visiting Michigan this weekend for the Ohio State game.

ruh roh

Ifyouonlyknew
11-21-2017, 10:46 AM
What's your definition of "visiting"?

yjnkdawg
11-21-2017, 10:48 AM
Word going round that he is visiting Michigan this weekend for the Ohio State game.

ruh roh

Not surprising, if he looks at other options. . Longo's high school type offense was not going to help Shea in his quest to get to the NFl, even if he hadn't gotten injured.

MetEdDawg
11-21-2017, 10:58 AM
If he's legitimately not at the Egg Bowl with his team, I mean what other conclusion can you draw other than he's out of Oxford.

And if he leaves, the flood gates might really open up. Lot of those guys probably came there because of the thought of having a good QB on campus.

Hasu Dackds
11-21-2017, 11:00 AM
A number of their players are probably HOPING for an additional bowl ban.

MeridianDog
11-21-2017, 11:02 AM
Michigan State is a good school.

I wish him the best in his future life.

Does he owe OM a refund?

If yes, then he needs to honor his contract.

No play, No pay!

Tbonewannabe
11-21-2017, 11:06 AM
A number of their players are probably HOPING for an additional bowl ban.

Don't they have to get 2 more years on their bowl ban for the 2016 class to get to transfer? I thought that was what all the UM fans were hoping that the great signing class of 2016 would help them ride out the storm. If I was a recruit that wanted to transfer then I might contact the NCAA on the sly and try and get immunity for information.

Apoplectic
11-21-2017, 11:09 AM
No if they add another year then underclassman can transfer

yjnkdawg
11-21-2017, 11:09 AM
If he's legitimately not at the Egg Bowl with his team, I mean what other conclusion can you draw other than he's out of Oxford.

And if he leaves, the flood gates might really open up. Lot of those guys probably came there because of the thought of having a good QB on campus.

Add in Mars representing Deontay Anderson and it could get very interesting.

Anonymous
11-21-2017, 11:24 AM
His most recent Twitter "likes" include a Borkey tweet last month about how Ta'amu isn't better than Patterson, and then the other day when he liked the tweet about possibly transferring to Michigan.

Sounds like a real team player.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-21-2017, 11:29 AM
nm

StatesboroBlues
11-21-2017, 11:30 AM
No if they add another year then underclassman can transfer

Where is the rule or example that backs this? USCw contradicts this...it would have to be a special ruling for the 16 class to transfer in that scenario. Which may happen considering...

Political Hack
11-21-2017, 11:32 AM
I thought he had already announced he’s transfeerring.

Sorry, I would’ve posted earlier, he’s transferring.

msstate7
11-21-2017, 11:34 AM
Where is the rule or example that backs this? USCw contradicts this...it would have to be a special ruling for the 16 class to transfer in that scenario. Which may happen considering...

So 2 additional years?

mstatefan91
11-21-2017, 11:37 AM
So 2 additional years?

As I understand it, it's just 2 total. OM already gave themselves one year. All the NCAA has to do is add one more year to it.. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Jack Lambert
11-21-2017, 11:42 AM
As I understand it, it's just 2 total. OM already gave themselves one year. All the NCAA has to do is add one more year to it.. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Just because they get a second year banned doesn't mean the NCAA will allow transfer. That is a separate decision on their part. That is what they have done in the past so I guess it is safe to assume they will do it again.

stalkingpoon
11-21-2017, 11:43 AM
Look for a certain former SHS WR to put on the Crimson threads next season as well.

Political Hack
11-21-2017, 11:44 AM
Look for a certain former SHS WR to put on the Crimson threads next season as well.

I’ve also heard that, which is a killer. I don’t want her m here but I sure as hell don’t want him there. That’s a winnable game for us next year and he’s a game changer.

ETA: I thought he was overhyped coming out of high school. He wasn’t.

Commercecomet24
11-21-2017, 11:47 AM

You are correct it's 2 total.

stalkingpoon
11-21-2017, 11:50 AM
I’ve also heard that, which is a killer. I don’t want her m here but I sure as hell don’t want him there. That’s a winnable game for us next year and he’s a game changer.

ETA: I thought he was overhyped coming out of high school. He wasn’t.

Apparently it's all over Starkville. Someone very close to the situation texted me this morning and told me that. Also, they said it's not just him wanting out.

Commercecomet24
11-21-2017, 11:51 AM
Apparently it's all over Starkville. Someone very close to the situation texted me this morning and told me that. Also, they said it's not just him wanting out.

They'll be lucky if they can field a scout team next year.

Hasu Dackds
11-21-2017, 11:54 AM

Actually, if there's anyone who is very unlikely to transfer, it'd be Brown.

StatesboroBlues
11-21-2017, 12:00 PM
So 2 additional years?

2 additional years would allow the unredshirted 16 class to transfer based on precedent. 16 redshirts and after would be a special case scenario...

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2017, 12:18 PM

Wouldn?t be shocking.

He always takes the easy way out

deltadawg99
11-21-2017, 12:20 PM
Wasn’t bama considered to be the leader for him most of the recruiting process anyway?

Political Hack
11-21-2017, 12:26 PM

There?s a lot leaking on them right now. There?s also talks about cash rent payments for their pad in Bent Oaks in Biloxi back bay. Doesn?t really matter now, but seems like someone is shaking the Patterson tree pretty hard right now because a lot is falling out.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-21-2017, 12:43 PM
I'm not so sure about the SHS WR putting on the crimson. He got a cold look towards him after that game. He ran up to Saban with a big smile on his face after getting shelled 66-3 and Saban did all he could to hurry and shake his hand and walk the other way. I don't think Saban would let him in his locker room. He can go get 2 other A.J. Browns any time he wants to. Without the baggage.

mstatefan91
11-21-2017, 12:47 PM
I'm not so sure about the SHS WR putting on the crimson. He got a cold look towards him after that game. He ran up to Saban with a big smile on his face after getting shelled 66-3 and Saban did all he could to hurry and shake his hand and walk the other way. I don't think Saban would let him in his locker room. He can go get 2 other A.J. Browns any time he wants to. Without the baggage.

Saban would absolutely take him to keep him off of another SECW roster

Activated Alpha
11-21-2017, 12:59 PM
I would rather see AJ Brown changing out my oil then see him play for any other school but Ole Miss. He needs to sleep in the bed he's made

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2017, 01:21 PM
I would rather see AJ Brown changing out my oil then see him play for any other school but Ole Miss. He needs to sleep in the bed he's made

AJ would find a way to 17 us twice.

Lord McBuckethead
11-21-2017, 02:13 PM
The bowl ban should only count if you actually have a record to go to a bowl. Bowl ban when you are 4-8 on the season? How can that be considered a missed bowl? Its just like the scholarships. Just because UM couldn't fill a class a couple years ago should have nothing to do with the scholarship reductions. If I were the NCAA, I would figure out what they need to do to serve out their punishment, and then add it directly on their "self-imposed" penalties. I wouldn't even consider those as part of the penalty. What penalty did they actually already pay. I would argue, nothing.

mo7888
11-21-2017, 02:17 PM
The bowl ban should only count if you actually have a record to go to a bowl. Bowl ban when you are 4-8 on the season? How can that be considered a missed bowl? Its just like the scholarships. Just because UM couldn't fill a class a couple years ago should have nothing to do with the scholarship reductions. If I were the NCAA, I would figure out what they need to do to serve out their punishment, and then add it directly on their "self-imposed" penalties. I wouldn't even consider those as part of the penalty. What penalty did they actually already pay. I would argue, nothing.

A bowl ban means they don't get to participate in the revenue distribution the SEC gives out from the bowl money generated. Its crippling.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-21-2017, 02:41 PM
David reported that Shea will be on the sideline in Starkville Thursday night. This was in response to someone asking him if he was going to Michigan for a visit. I'm sure he could still find his way to Michigan by Saturday. Time will tell.

Tripp McNeely
11-21-2017, 02:47 PM
David reported that Shea will be on the sideline in Starkville Thursday night. This was in response to someone asking him if he was going to Michigan for a visit. I'm sure he could still find his way to Michigan by Saturday. Time will tell.

David also “reported” that they had Norvell locked up too this morning...he’s full of shit

bobtail bob
11-21-2017, 02:52 PM

Will he bring his round mouth skank across state lines ? I wish I could find that pic. Im not going to EB but my nephew is and i want to blow it up sign size for him to take. He's chomping at the bit to do it too.

defiantdog
11-21-2017, 02:53 PM
I would take everything you hear from David with a grain of salt.

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2017, 02:57 PM
Personally, I hope all most of their players stay. They are currently no threat, and the only way they become one is by transferring to teams on our schedule.

paco
11-21-2017, 03:02 PM

Patterson is not on this weekend's Michigan visitor list but the list is dated Nov. 9.

Turfdawg67
11-21-2017, 03:11 PM
I thought he had already announced he?s transfeerring.

Sorry, I would?ve posted earlier, he?s transferring.

He?s declared this? Then he won?t be on the sidelines at the EB, right?

Really Clark?
11-21-2017, 03:14 PM
Patterson is not on this weekend's Michigan visitor list but the list is dated Nov. 9.

He wouldn't be on a visitors list. He is a signed student athlete at another school.

shannondawg
11-21-2017, 03:20 PM
I didn't see tv showing Pat Pat at the TAMU game, which they usually do when a injured star is on the sidelines. Anybody else see him?

shannondawg
11-21-2017, 03:23 PM

Makes sense, they probably the only one that can afford to meet his price.

Spiderman
11-21-2017, 03:43 PM
I?ve also heard that, which is a killer. I don?t want her m here but I sure as hell don?t want him there. That?s a winnable game for us next year and he?s a game changer.

ETA: I thought he was overhyped coming out of high school. He wasn?t.

Ha,Glad you finally agree with me. Around signing day back then yall gave me hell for saying how good he was, and with all the Rebel lover stuff because I said it.

He was a man among boys in HS and not signing him is hurting us now.

Spiderman
11-21-2017, 03:45 PM

I agree. I think he plays there next year then declares. He likes that pass happy O and will put up big numbers.

Spiderman
11-21-2017, 03:48 PM
Personally, I hope all most of their players stay. They are currently no threat, and the only way they become one is by transferring to teams on our schedule.

You honestly think Tamu, Brown and Metcalf are not threats? They damn sure will be Thursday night

msstate7
11-21-2017, 03:49 PM
You honestly think Tamu, Brown and Metcalf are not threats? They damn sure will be Thursday night

Here you go, again... tell us how great OM is

GreenheadDawg
11-21-2017, 03:51 PM

Only way they are a threat is if we don’t get pressure on the Hawaiian. If he sits in the pocket for 5 minutes then yeh they will probably break the record for passing yards. But we will also have the rushing record.

GreenheadDawg
11-21-2017, 03:52 PM
Here you go, again... tell us how great OM is

LOL this is his favorite subject

msstate7
11-21-2017, 03:56 PM
LOL this is his only subject
Fify

FWIW, I think those guys will score some on us, but give me fitz, aeris, our oline, and dline over them all day, every day. OM has wins over USA, ut Martin, vandy, Kentucky, and ull. They lost to 4-6 cal, ark, and just a decent aTm

thf24
11-21-2017, 03:59 PM
What exactly indicates to you guys that Brown has lived up to the hype? He's had exactly one impact game against a quality opponent in his career thus far, which was Auburn this year. The vast majority of his stats are against cupcakes. If you pay attention to him in their games, you notice that he plays soft, drops a lot more passes than a receiver of his reputation should, and usually folds under adversity. He's very talented, absolutely no doubt, but a closer look shows that he hasn't lived up to the elite receiver he's somehow become known as.

Commercecomet24
11-21-2017, 04:06 PM
Fify

FWIW, I think those guys will score some on us, but give me fitz, aeris, our oline, and dline over them all day, every day. OM has wins over USA, ut Martin, vandy, Kentucky, and ull. They lost to 4-6 cal, ark, and just a decent aTm

And adding to your post, this is their second half scoring totals against 3 mediocre to bad defenses: Cal-0, Arky-6, ATM-0. Not exactly a juggernaut after defenses settle in on them.

msstate7
11-21-2017, 04:17 PM
And adding to your post, this is their second half scoring totals against 3 mediocre to bad defenses: Cal-0, Arky-6, ATM-0. Not exactly a juggernaut after defenses settle in on them.

Nice stat

HarryBuff
11-21-2017, 05:10 PM

God forbid you actually look at Ole Miss realistically. Then you become a OM homer.

Only way they are a threat is if we don?t get pressure on the Hawaiian. If he sits in the pocket for 5 minutes then yeh they will probably break the record for passing yards. But we will also have the rushing record.

Too bad in real life you don't get pressure on QB's every snap. They will have a few big plays and they will burn our secondary a couple of times. Mainly because of the size difference. Same way Ridley did (twice). Same way Gaines from La Tech did. Same way Hastings from AU did. Same way Stove for AU did. Same way Isabella did for UMass (twice).

Now, there are 5 different examples of receivers that have busted big plays on us. Some more than once. We can take Ridley out since some will argue that he is elite. And even then Brown still has more than 200 yards receiving than Ridley. Hard to look past the fact that he is the number one receiver in the SEC. Get real if you are in denial that there won't be any big plays from one of their 3 main receivers. I hope our players don't think like a lot of you going into this game. I would've taken one of them over any single one of our receivers any day. Go ahead with the accusations of me saying that I think OM is great. Seems like an easy way to keep your head in the sand after some one says something you don't like to hear.

We will pound the ball until they collapse and then embarrass them. Their run D is atrocious. Pass D is probably almost as bad too. But to think they won't have a big receiving play for a TD or no TD, or that we will have pressure on Ta'amu every single snap is just not being realistic. Not defending or saying they are better, (except in the WR position), just being real. Melt away.

msstate7
11-21-2017, 05:21 PM
God forbid you actually look at Ole Miss realistically. Then you become a OM homer.

Too bad in real life you don't get pressure on QB's every snap. They will have a few big plays and they will burn our secondary a couple of times. Mainly because of the size difference. Same way Ridley did (twice). Same way Gaines from La Tech did. Same way Hastings from AU did. Same way Stove for AU did. Same way Isabella did for UMass (twice).

Now, there are 5 different examples of receivers that have busted big plays on us. Some more than once. We can take Ridley out since some will argue that he is elite. And even then Brown still has more than 200 yards receiving than Ridley. Hard to look past the fact that he is the number one receiver in the SEC. Get real if you are in denial that there won't be any big plays from one of their 3 main receivers. I hope our players don't think like a lot of you going into this game. I would've taken one of them over any single one of our receivers any day. Go ahead with the accusations of me saying that I think OM is great. Seems like an easy way to keep your head in the sand after some one says something you don't like to hear.

We will pound the ball until they collapse and then embarrass them. Their run D is atrocious. Pass D is probably almost as bad too. But to think they won't have a big receiving play for a TD or no TD, or that we will have pressure on Ta'amu every single snap is just not being realistic. Not defending or saying they are better, (except in the WR position), just being real. Melt away.

Spider predicted OM to beat LSU and be 8-3 in the egg bowl. Spider has built OM up to be more than they are... well, since I can remember. Last year in the egg, he pronounced the game was over and we were gonna lose even though we were winning at the time. He told us how much stronger shea?s arm was than kelly?s (Lol). Spider looks at OM like the rest of us look at bama. He overvalues them, period.

BTW, who said we would shut them down completely? They will score some and we will score more, maybe a lot more

Hasu Dackds
11-21-2017, 05:26 PM
I agree. I think he plays there next year then declares. He likes that pass happy O and will put up big numbers.

and he wants his check

Really Clark?
11-21-2017, 05:33 PM

Ridley actually has a little more receiving yards than Brown in conference only games. Not saying Brown isn't good but his total yards are somewhat inflated vs weak opponents. He did have a good game against Auburn but it was 9 for 69 yards without the one 40 yard reception after they were down 38-3 in the second half.

HarryBuff
11-21-2017, 05:40 PM
Spider predicted OM to beat LSU and be 8-3 in the egg bowl. Spider has built OM up to be more than they are... well, since I can remember. Last year in the egg, he pronounced the game was over and we were gonna lose even though we were winning at the time. He told us how much stronger shea?s arm was than kelly?s (Lol). Spider looks at OM like the rest of us look at bama. He overvalues them, period.

BTW, who said we would shut them down completely? They will score some and we will score more, maybe a lot more

Just seems like a common response around here if any one even thinks about saying one positive thing that OM's team does.

By saying the "Only way they will be a threat is if we don't put pressure on the Hawaiian" is being unrealistic. Look at how much pressure we dialed in on Hurts. Ta'amu is no Hurts, but it takes one or two slip ups to put points on the board or have an explosive play. My point was our secondary has had plenty of slip ups this year and they have 3 solid receivers to have to pay attention to. Period. We will dominate across the board otherwise IMO.

HarryBuff
11-21-2017, 05:42 PM
Ridley actually has a little more receiving yards than Brown in conference only games. Not saying Brown isn't good but his total yards are somewhat inflated vs weak opponents. He did have a good game against Auburn but it was 9 for 69 yards without the one 40 yard reception after they were down 38-3 in the second half.

Bama has played plenty of cupcakes, like OM, to make up the difference.

Not gonna try to prove my point anymore. Then it would seem like I'm defending OM. I'm no Spidey.

msstate7
11-21-2017, 05:50 PM
I'm no Spidey.

Spider is a good poster... I like him. He just really thinks OM is good

Really Clark?
11-21-2017, 06:09 PM
Bama has played plenty of cupcakes, like OM, to make up the difference.

Not gonna try to prove my point anymore. Then it would seem like I'm defending OM. I'm no Spidey.

Those were conference only games I compared Ridley and Brown's stats. You point was that Brown had so much more yards than Ridley but that was for all games. Cupcake Games where Brown played the entire game and Ridley played for a half inflated the numbers. Against conference only teams, Ridley actually has a few more yards. Both very good but let's look at the whole picture when using stats. If you take it even further against ranked opponents Brown is like 8th or 9th in the league

Entodawg
11-21-2017, 06:23 PM
Ole Miss offered a Juco QB today for what it?s worth

Pollodawg
11-21-2017, 06:24 PM
Ha,Glad you finally agree with me. Around signing day back then yall gave me hell for saying how good he was, and with all the Rebel lover stuff because I said it.

And how do you propose we would have accomplished that.

Jarius
11-21-2017, 06:28 PM

They make a really shitty team less shitty. If they go somewhere else they could make a pretty good team that we have to play really good, which would suck. I would prefer they stay there and get their asses kicked by us and everyone else like they are currently doing.

Hasu Dackds
11-21-2017, 06:48 PM

In a normal year they'd be fighting for a bowl, just like us last year or 2013. Did you think we weren't any good those years? Were we any good in 2009? Seems to me we were good enough to beat down an 8-3 team. Now I get it, we're at home, and they are in a different situation, facing a hazy future while we were in year 1 of Mullen and optimistic. But face it, they aren't bad. People earlier this year were saying they were historically bad, that's laughable. They might be next year if they have mass transfers and heavy penalties, but their 2017 version has a pulse whether you want to believe it or not. Unfortunately Taamu has proven he can play.

Now, go ahead and call me a rebel, and totally dismiss (or try to) my point.

Pollodawg
11-21-2017, 06:50 PM
In a normal year they'd be fighting for a bowl, just like us last year or 2013. Did you think we weren't any good those years?

Face it, they aren't bad. People earlier this year were saying they were historically bad, that's laughable. They might be next year if they have mass transfers and heavy penalties, but their 2017 version has a pulse whether you want to believe it or not. Unfortunately Taamu has proven he can play.

The only decent defense Tamu faced all season shut him down in the second. They didn’t score a point in the second half verses ATM.

bulldawg28
11-21-2017, 06:51 PM

It's not hurting us now. He wouldn't have changed the outcome in any game this year.

msstate7
11-21-2017, 06:51 PM
In a normal year they'd be fighting for a bowl, just like us last year or 2013. Did you think we weren't any good those years?

Face it, they aren't bad. People earlier this year were saying they were historically bad, that's laughable. They might be next year if they have mass transfers and heavy penalties, but their 2017 version has a pulse whether you want to believe it or not. Unfortunately Taamu has proven he can play.

Are they 8-3 like spider predicted? No, well then spider overvalues OM.

Hasu Dackds
11-21-2017, 06:54 PM

I'd rather err on his side rather than yours. Look I get wanting MSU fans to not be defeatist about everything, but I don't understand us disrespecting our opponents like we're some type of traditional powerhouse. We have to win this game, and the team better damn well be treating it that way. We show up like Arkansas or UMass and we'll get our ass beat.

Winner of this game is USUALLY the team that physically imposes their will.

msstate7
11-21-2017, 06:57 PM
I'd rather err on his side rather than yours. Look I get wanting MSU fans to not be defeatist about everything, but I don't understand us disrespecting our opponents like we're some type of traditional powerhouse. We have to win this game, and the team better damn well be treating it that way. We show up like Arkansas or UMass and we'll get our ass beat.

Ark beat OM at OM. Just saying...

Oh and I do not have a dang thing to do with the outside Thursday night, but thanks for thinking I have that power

Pollodawg
11-21-2017, 06:57 PM

How fans feel has nothing to do with how the team feels. How would you have us treat EB week? Blow smoke about what a great team this OM team is?

Hasu Dackds
11-21-2017, 07:14 PM
How fans feel has nothing to do with how the team feels. How would you have us treat EB week? Blow smoke about what a great team this OM team is?

How fans/team view an opponent is very much human nature. I'd be 100% willing to bet that the team's view and the fans' view are somewhat similar.

As for your question, you can treat it however you want. Strikes me as strange that somewhat would go out of their way to call out a poster for daring to respect a decent opponent though. It's your strong opposition to his point that is weird to me.

bulldawg28
11-21-2017, 07:45 PM
How fans/team view an opponent is very much human nature. I'd be 100% willing to bet that the team's view and the fans' view are somewhat similar.

As for your question, you can treat it however you want. Strikes me as strange that somewhat would go out of their way to call out a poster for daring to respect a decent opponent though. It's your strong opposition to his point that is weird to me.

Your wrong. Players have coaches and film to tell them how good an opponent is or not. Truth is Ole Miss sucks and playing on fumes. However, they're an SEC team which means something. But let's not act like we have to play our best game to beat them.

Mimi's Babies
11-21-2017, 07:49 PM

Hearing that also.... I believe Jackson state would be a better fit or Tulane.....

Ole dad visited there 1st and attempted to extort money from big boosters there first... js

Mimi's Babies
11-21-2017, 07:53 PM
I?ve also heard that, which is a killer. I don?t want her m here but I sure as hell don?t want him there. That?s a winnable game for us next year and he?s a game changer.

ETA: I thought he was overhyped coming out of high school. He wasn?t.

????? How can you transfer when you are owned by the boosters and their $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$'s ???????

Hasu Dackds
11-21-2017, 08:24 PM
Your wrong.

No, I'm not.

Further, 19 year old kids really believe everything their coaches say. FART

dawgday166
11-21-2017, 08:36 PM

Don't take 'em long, do it? You'd think some folks would learn from the past. We may wax their ass but I'd rather respect their ability going into game, than not and lose one we shouldn't ... like 2014.

A wounded bear can be pretty dangerous. Better use a big gun on him. Maybe Arky game woke up the team at least.

Spiderman
11-21-2017, 08:39 PM

AGAIN, I NEVER predicted OM would go 8-3 without beating LSU. I said they would IF they beat LSU.

#RIF

Spiderman
11-21-2017, 08:41 PM
Just seems like a common response around here if any one even thinks about saying one positive thing that OM's team does.

By saying the "Only way they will be a threat is if we don't put pressure on the Hawaiian" is being unrealistic. Look at how much pressure we dialed in on Hurts. Ta'amu is no Hurts, but it takes one or two slip ups to put points on the board or have an explosive play. My point was our secondary has had plenty of slip ups this year and they have 3 solid receivers to have to pay attention to. Period. We will dominate across the board otherwise IMO.

Don't bother being rational around here when talking anything OM.

Spiderman
11-21-2017, 08:42 PM

No, their D is shit. But their passing game is light years ahead of us, and our DB's are our weakness. So they have a puncher's chance.

Spiderman
11-21-2017, 08:43 PM
And how do you propose we would have accomplished that.

Who knows, but just because he went to OM he sucked according to most here. He was, and is a hell of a player

Spiderman
11-21-2017, 08:45 PM

You find where I predicted they would be 8-3 without beating LSU

bulldawg28
11-21-2017, 08:47 PM
No, I'm not.

Further, 19 year old kids really believe everything their coaches say. FART

So they don't listen to coaches or observe film instead they think like you an outside fan reading espn?

Dolphus Raymond
11-21-2017, 08:50 PM
I hate Ole Miss with a passion, but I'm with you, Spider. Anyone who does not think we could lose this game is brain dead. Will we lose? I doubt it seriously, but anyone who thinks we can just show up and win is delusional, in that Ole Miss has a lot of talented players, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Fortunately, I do not for a minute believe our players and coaches think we can just sleep-walk through this game.

GreenheadDawg
11-21-2017, 08:52 PM

Get off my dick,man. They are going to score but if we consistently get pressure like we know we can then no they won?t be a big threat. I.e. the second half of the A&M game.

Hasu Dackds
11-21-2017, 09:47 PM
So they don't listen to coaches or observe film instead they think like you an outside fan reading espn?

Damn straight they do. Coaches try their best, but if all players listened to the coaches they'd never have a down game at all.

I hate to pull this card, but you'd know this if you'd ever been involved with football. Ever heard of teams having trouble dealing with success?? Obviously you're one of those clueless fans who expect perfection every damn week

HarryBuff
11-21-2017, 11:11 PM
Get off my dick,man. They are going to score but if we consistently get pressure like we know we can then no they won?t be a big threat. I.e. the second half of the A&M game.

I'm not "on your dick"......man. Chill out. You've been in 2/3 threads I've even posted in and had something to say about close to half my posts. And I'm the one that was told to get some thicker skin. Riiiiiiight.

Our D-line should wear them down and eat them up. You're right. But I damn sure thought we were going to eat up Arkansas' line too. Just go out there and put some pressure on them. Simple as that.

msstate7
11-21-2017, 11:15 PM
I'm not "on your dick"......man. Chill out. You've been in 2/3 threads I've even posted in and had something to say about close to half my posts. And I'm the one that was told to get some thicker skin. Riiiiiiight.

Our D-line should wear them down and eat them up. You're right. But I damn sure thought we were going to eat up Arkansas' line too. Just go out there and put some pressure on them. Simple as that.

Ark had 221 total yards, avg?d 2.9 per rush, and allowed 4 sacks. Our defense did eat up ark

Commercecomet24
11-21-2017, 11:31 PM
Ark had 221 total yards, avg?d 2.9 per rush, and allowed 4 sacks. Our defense did eat up ark

This^^^^arky offense did nothing against us.

HarryBuff
11-21-2017, 11:38 PM
Those were conference only games I compared Ridley and Brown's stats. You point was that Brown had so much more yards than Ridley but that was for all games. Cupcake Games where Brown played the entire game and Ridley played for a half inflated the numbers. Against conference only teams, Ridley actually has a few more yards. Both very good but let's look at the whole picture when using stats. If you take it even further against ranked opponents Brown is like 8th or 9th in the league

We are talking 25 yards difference in conference ha. We are talking just over 200 overall. I hear what you're saying that Ridley doesn't play the whole game but OM definitely doesn't have a bench full of 5* WR's to spread it around to either.

But, wait for it..... Ridley had twice as many yards against MSU's suspect secondary as any other game they have played this year except CO state. But now we are comparing Bearsharts to Bama. No reason to even try to find common ground there.

HarryBuff
11-21-2017, 11:52 PM

You're right. They also have a worse record than OM and finished last in the West. I can't name one other player on their team besides Allen.

And before we point out AR beat OM, LSU beat AU. Big whoop.

msstate7
11-21-2017, 11:57 PM
You're right. They also have a worse record than OM and finished last in the West. I can't name one other player on their team besides Allen.

And before we point out AR beat OM, LSU beat AU. Big whoop.

So we can count ark losing to Missouri, but not om to state? The spread is closer in the ark game than ours.

BTW, ark is 9th in the sec in total offense, so they aren?t the worst. We held them to less yards than bama.

Commercecomet24
11-21-2017, 11:58 PM
The juggernaut of unm offense scored all of 6 second half points in losses to 3 bad to mediocre defenses, in cal, arky and am. Yeah they got good wrs. You know what they also have? A matchup problem of Rawlings on Simmons and Taylor on Sweat, Green or whoever we put over him. AM abused Rawlings and Taylor. Once a defense adjusts after their first couple of drives they have no answer. You know what they also don?t have? Any kind of defense. They have way more matchup problems with us than we do with them. Can we just throw our hat on the field and win? No. But that ain?t happening. Dans gonna put a STATEment on them Thursday

HarryBuff
11-22-2017, 12:41 AM
So we can count ark losing to Missouri, but not om to state? The spread is closer in the ark game than ours.

BTW, ark is 9th in the sec in total offense, so they aren?t the worst. We held them to less yards than bama.

Not sure what you are trying to say in the bold.

OM is 4th in total offense. So you saying they're a better than Arky? Better than us by that stat? No. Mostly cupcakes.

Either way the conversation has gone way off track from where it started with my first post. And even farther off track from Shea transferring. I wasn't trying to thread jack or ruffle feathers or say TSUN has any answers or good matchups against us any where besides WR. I'm not overly concerned about a loss or them throwing bombs on us the entire game. I'd be shocked and severely disappointed just like all of you. I agree with y'all on all of the other stuff like I said when I stated we would dominate across the board otherwise.

Todd4State
11-22-2017, 01:02 AM

The score of that game takes away from how dominant our defense was in that game. If we don't fumble the ball and recover their fumble, we blow them out and possibly shut them out.

Todd4State
11-22-2017, 01:03 AM

OM is 4th in total offense. So you saying they're a better than Arky? Better than us by that stat? No. Mostly cupcakes.

Either way the conversation has gone way off track from where it started with my first post. And even farther off track from Shea transferring. I wasn't trying to thread jack or ruffle feathers or say TSUN has any answers or good matchups against us any where besides WR. I'm not overly concerned about a loss or them throwing bombs on us the entire game. I'd be shocked and severely disappointed just like all of you. I agree with y'all on all of the other stuff like I said when I stated we would dominate across the board otherwise.

Total offense and defense are misleading stats. Ole Miss runs more plays probably than anyone in the SEC and they run it up on lesser teams if they can.

HarryBuff
11-22-2017, 01:20 AM
Total offense and defense are misleading stats. Ole Miss runs more plays probably than anyone in the SEC and they run it up on lesser teams if they can.

Yeah. I agree. Was basically pointing out those stats don't add up when comparing teams.

Turfdawg67
11-22-2017, 02:04 AM
The score of that game takes away from how dominant our defense was in that game. If we don't fumble the ball and recover their fumble, we blow them out and possibly shut them out.

...and 34 of their 97 rushing yards came on the fumble and kick down to the goal line. So a "rushing" team had 63 yards against us.

bulldawg28
11-22-2017, 06:13 AM
Damn straight they do. Coaches try their best, but if all players listened to the coaches they'd never have a down game at all.

I hate to pull this card, but you'd know this if you'd ever been involved with football. Ever heard of teams having trouble dealing with success?? Obviously you're one of those clueless fans who expect perfection every damn week

Lol... I'm actually glad you pulled the card. I played at State underJackie Sherill, beat many teams, and laughed at stupid fans like you that think they know it all. So yeah i know how players think. Had they listened to talking heads like you they'd be a 6 win team, because you've watched enough football to know. I can promise you they ain't scared of Ole Miss regardless of what you think you know.

msstate7
11-22-2017, 07:08 AM

You said ark will finish last in West. They are 1-6. OM is 2-5. Both have a game left, so I assume you saying mizzou beats ark

HarryBuff
11-22-2017, 08:39 AM
Yeah. They'll finish last in the West. Could be a tie, but will still be last. I guess if you go to head-to-head they will be up on OM. Still last though when you look at it.

I'd argue that Ark didn't play Vandy either.

msstate7
11-22-2017, 08:45 AM
Yeah. They'll finish last in the West. Could be a tie, but will still be last. I guess if you go to head-to-head they will be up on OM. Still last though when you look at it.

I'd argue that Ark didn't play Vandy either.

Yeah, I guess tie breakers do not matter at the bottom, but head to head and the fact OM would be 0 for the west

Pollodawg
11-22-2017, 08:52 AM
Lol... I'm actually glad you pulled the card. I played at State underJackie Sherill, beat many teams, and laughed at stupid fans like you that think they know it all. So yeah i know how players think. Had they listened to talking heads like you they'd be a 6 win team, because you've watched enough football to know. I can promise you they ain't scared of Ole Miss regardless of what you think you know.

Roasted.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-22-2017, 10:04 AM
based on this thread about a Tweet from Shea from back in May...I don't think Michigan fans like Shea too much.
unless you consider "Hey Patterson..F%^# You" terms of endearment.
https://247sports.com/college/michigan/Board/59424/Contents/Shea-Patterson-miffed-that-HarbaughMichigan-didnt-recruit-him-52956040?Page=2

DawgPoundtheRock
11-22-2017, 12:52 PM
I just hope Leo wears number 39 on his jersey. The rest will take care of itself.

Percho
11-22-2017, 03:52 PM
Yeah, I guess tie breakers do not matter at the bottom, but head to head and the fact OM would be 0 for the west

I thought OM won that game 31 - 7.*

Mimi's Babies
11-23-2017, 07:14 AM
What exactly indicates to you guys that Brown has lived up to the hype? He's had exactly one impact game against a quality opponent in his career thus far, which was Auburn this year. The vast majority of his stats are against cupcakes. If you pay attention to him in their games, you notice that he plays soft, drops a lot more passes than a receiver of his reputation should, and usually folds under adversity. He's very talented, absolutely no doubt, but a closer look shows that he hasn't lived up to the elite receiver he's somehow become known as.

Exactly.... He doesn't play well in cold weather either. This should be interesting.

lastmajordog
11-23-2017, 08:11 AM
?It depend?s on what your definition of is...is? Bill Clinton