PDA

View Full Version : Wow- this is greatness. Please claim who did this

Coach34
11-20-2017, 08:00 PM
<sub>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnMoxqSLZDs&amp;feature=youtu.be.

RocketDawg
11-20-2017, 08:07 PM
Fitz really showed out last year didn't he?

Commercecomet24
11-20-2017, 08:11 PM
That?s about as good as it gets! Great work!

Liverpooldawg
11-20-2017, 08:31 PM
Good stuff. Tyrone Keyes, Johnnie Cooks, and Billy Jackson on the same sack.......wow.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2017, 08:31 PM
Pretty bad-A

I always struggle with the Croom era uniforms. Were they that bad or the did the athletes in them make them look that bad?

Same thing with Bama uniforms. Are they that good or do 5* just make uniforms look better?

Either way, we are clearly more athletic nowadays and yestadays

Liverpooldawg
11-20-2017, 08:36 PM
Good stuff. Tyrone Keyes, Johnnie Cooks, and Billy Jackson on the same sack.......wow.

I was at that game by the way.

TrapGame
11-20-2017, 08:36 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coach34
11-20-2017, 08:37 PM
Pretty bad-A

I always struggle with the Croom era uniforms. Were they that bad or the did the athletes in them make them look that bad?

Same thing with Bama uniforms. Are they that good or do 5* just make uniforms look better?

Either way, we are clearly more athletic nowadays and yestadays

LT's incredible stupidity took us from Nike under Jackie to Russell under Crooms. Larry Templeton should literally be shot for all his terrible decisions.

LC Dawg
11-20-2017, 08:40 PM
That was awesome. Someone should definitely acknowledge making it.

TUSK
11-20-2017, 08:43 PM

Yes.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2017, 08:46 PM
LT's incredible stupidity took us from Nike under Jackie to Russell under Crooms. Larry Templeton should literally be shot for all his terrible decisions.

It’s it’s pretty unreal when you look at where we are today to look back and see how mismanaged we were.

LT is from the same lineage of those that decided to not put a major university near Jackson, that drew state lines that somehow managed to not include Memphis, Mobile, or New Orleans, all of which are near our borders, and decided to have 3 major universities and others in a state this small.

We just didn’t know how terrible he was at the time because we didn’t know different. Looking back, it’s just mind boggling how terrible MSU football and athletics in general were run for 80 years.

Say what you want about Doc Fogelsong, but the man destroyed the good ole boy system at our school and changed everything.

BeardoMSU
11-20-2017, 08:48 PM
Great song choice.

BulldogBear
11-20-2017, 08:49 PM
Oh, I can't wait for Thursday. I hope Mullen and company are on a mission to make a statement about the "state" of things in this state now!

Coach34
11-20-2017, 08:53 PM
We played in Baton Rouge 25 times out of 30 years in football at one point. If people couldnt figure out we were mismanaged- they are morons

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2017, 08:57 PM
We played in Baton Rouge 25 times out of 30 years in football at one point. If people couldnt figure out we were mismanaged- they are morons

No doubt & we also hardly ever played home games that would've allowed the rural town we are located in to grow up

And to add to this:

Dan Mullen is an exceptional football coach, but he is also capitalizing off a university & athletic program that was so pathetically run for 80 years, that it's fan & the media don't totally comprehend exactly what the potential of the program is.

It's very unique situation when your program was run by neanderthals for 80 years

sleepy dawg
11-20-2017, 09:16 PM
That was badass. What happened to Derek Cody (I think that was the guy)? He was making some bad-ass hype vids a few years back, then they just stopped.

Liverpooldawg
11-20-2017, 09:19 PM
That was badass. What happened to Derek Cody (I think that was the guy)? He was making some bad-ass hype vids a few years back, then they just stopped.

Cody works for MSU now.

BeardoMSU
11-20-2017, 09:20 PM
It's very unique situation when your program was run by neanderthals for 80 years

What allowed this to happen for so long? Seriously?

Liverpooldawg
11-20-2017, 09:23 PM
What allowed this to happen for so long? Seriously?

The main difference is $$$$$$. It also helps that we have a MSU man that bleeds maroon in the President's office. The old IHL dominated by the folks up the road fought tooth and nail for a long time to keep that from happening. Ending their domination there helped every institution in the state, including Ole Miss.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2017, 09:31 PM
The main difference is $$$$$$. It also helps that we have a MSU man that bleeds maroon in the President's office. The old IHL dominated by the folks up the road fought tooth and nail for a long time to keep that from happening. Ending their domination there helped every institution in the state, including Ole Miss.

This is a good answer.

To add, I also think things lasted so long simply because no one knew any different & accepted the excuses of MSU being an outpost in a small town, with a small stadium, is never on tv, etc.

Now you look up & see that MSU is able to build a top 25 college football program with 3 9 win seasons over our last 4 years, & 8 straight bowl games, on the backs of a roster in which the average player is from only 170 miles away from Starkville & it's very reasonable to ask: "Why the hell was this so hard?" Not saying MSU should be a national championship contender or a blue blood, but, with that much local talent, how did MSU manage to mostly suck at football for 100 years?

Never forget that we are the school that didn't recruit Walter Payton, Steve McNair, Brett Favre, & had Jerry Rice living in Starkville & didn't recruit him. It's mindbogglingly ridiculous that happened & I just can't imagine it happening any longer.

Again, it's mind boggling & now that we've tasted sustained success & understand how it happened, I can't imagine we ever go back to anything close to the LT days.

This chart is fascinating to me & makes me wonder how we didn't accidentally become good at football.

http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8632&d=1511221556&thumb=1

Lord McBuckethead
11-20-2017, 09:53 PM
No idea what that chart is saying.

WinningIsRelentless
11-20-2017, 10:00 PM
How is the Rebelbearlandshark slayer Chris Relf not in that video???

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2017, 10:11 PM
No idea what that chart is saying.

It indicated how far the average player is from campus

MeridianDog
11-20-2017, 10:31 PM
That's Nice Clark!

Reunion Dog
11-21-2017, 01:12 AM
John Hilliard just blind sided #81 at the 1:12 mark... He was a STUD!

Todd4State
11-21-2017, 01:21 AM
John Hilliard just blind sided #81 at the 1:12 mark... He was a STUD!

I don't know how I never noticed that before until now. He and Dorsett Davis were two guys off of that team that I would want on my side if I was in a fight for sure.

Thick
11-21-2017, 08:03 AM
Templeton sold our home game against Florida, and we played them at The Sombrero in Tampa. That’s when Emmitt was still there. It’s a freaking shame how we were treated under Larry Templeton.

Dawgfan77
11-21-2017, 08:10 AM
Templeton sold our home game against Florida, and we played them at The Sombrero in Tampa. That’s when Emmitt was still there. It’s a freaking shame how we were treated under Larry Templeton.
Could be wrong but thought we played then in Orlando not Tampa

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2017, 08:26 AM

Wow. I forgot about him doing that.

He literally gave us no chance to build a program. None

How was Starkville ever supposed to grow up when the AD was selling home games?

Commercecomet24
11-21-2017, 09:21 AM
Wow. I forgot about him doing that.

He literally gave us no chance to build a program. None

How was Starkville ever supposed to grow up when the AD was selling home games?

Exactly. We were much closer to being a usm in those days than a real SEC school.

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2017, 09:32 AM
Exactly. We were much closer to being a usm in those days than a real SEC school.

It circumstances like this that make me believe that MSU is one of the few schools that haven’t won a National Title in the past 40 years, that actually has the ability to win one if everything comes together.

Simply, our history does not represent our ceiling.

DanDority
11-21-2017, 10:21 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Coach34 again.

Commercecomet24
11-21-2017, 10:35 AM
It circumstances like this that make me believe that MSU is one of the few schools that haven’t won a National Title in the past 40 years, that actually has the ability to win one if everything comes together.

Simply, our history does not represent our ceiling.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ShotgunDawg again.

yjnkdawg
11-21-2017, 10:39 AM
I liked it when Billy Jackson sacked John Fourcade. He was a cocky acting quarterback.

BulldogBear
11-21-2017, 07:31 PM
This video needs a bump

Spiderman
11-21-2017, 08:49 PM
Could be wrong but thought we played then in Orlando not Tampa

Yeah, it was the 90's and Emmitt was with the cowboys by then

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-22-2017, 01:27 AM
Bump

Gutter Cobreh
11-22-2017, 08:58 AM
It indicated how far the average player is from campus

With all due respect, that chart isn't worth the time spent on coming up with or even looking at the numbers.

Take Bama for example. Their number is skewed because they picked up the #1 QB in the country that happened to grow up in Hawaii (4,275 mile difference). If the other 104 players were from 60 miles away from Tuscaloosa, when you add him - the average is 100 miles for the whole team.

Offshore Dawg
11-22-2017, 09:26 AM
I liked it when Billy Jackson sacked John Fourcade. He was a cocky acting quarterback.

He was a cocky ass in general, even when he was a replacement player for the Saints.

RougeDawg
11-22-2017, 01:39 PM
That's Nice Clark!

I laughed.

drunkernhelldawg
11-22-2017, 02:24 PM
Awesome!

TUSK
11-22-2017, 03:07 PM
With all due respect, that chart isn't worth the time spent on coming up with or even looking at the numbers.

Take Bama for example. Their number is skewed because they picked up the #1 QB in the country that happened to grow up in Hawaii (4,275 mile difference). If the other 104 players were from 60 miles away from Tuscaloosa, when you add him - the average is 100 miles for the whole team.

I (mostly) agree with you, buddy.... but one thing I did glean from that chart was how low the mileage # is for UGA...

For the level of talent they have, it's staggering, IMO....

Gutter Cobreh
11-22-2017, 05:13 PM
I (mostly) agree with you, buddy.... but one thing I did glean from that chart was how low the mileage # is for UGA...

For the level of talent they have, it's staggering, IMO....

I don't disagree, but a few 5*s or one like I mentioned from far away can skew the numbers.

I don't know who has more talent (Clemson or UGA), but it seems they know their sweet spot and stick to it. No sense in chasing recruits like Michigan does from all over, when you can build a solid team with kids around where you are located.