PDA

View Full Version : Pads or No Pads?

Doggie_Style
11-20-2017, 11:41 AM
So we did not practice in pads the week after the tough Alabama game and as we know we came out flat against Arkansas. So those that know more than me about game prep, did not practicing in pads make a difference and what will we do this week?

Dawgology
11-20-2017, 11:59 AM
I think that performance had less to do with practicing in pads and more to do with it being a trap game, at 11 am, on the road, with injuries, and a bad offensive game plan/execution for a while.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2017, 12:07 PM
So we did not practice in pads the week after the tough Alabama game and as we know we came out flat against Arkansas. So those that know more than me about game prep, did not practicing in pads make a difference and what will we do this week?

I'd probably go no pads on Monday, pads on Tuesday, & no pads on Wed.

I'd do one day in pads though.

Also consider that since we play on Thursday, the Arkansas game (obviously in pads) also doubles as a padded practice

Cooterpoot
11-20-2017, 12:31 PM
A lot of teams go with no pads this time of year. Many have since the beginning of Nov. Everybody is beat up this time of year and you've got to save some bodies.

msstatelp1
11-20-2017, 12:38 PM
I think that performance had less to do with practicing in pads and more to do with it being a trap game, at 11 am, on the road, with injuries, and a bad offensive game plan/execution for a while.

This. I don't think pads or no pads had anything to do with it.

Lord McBuckethead
11-20-2017, 12:49 PM
I say no pads. At least with it being on Thanksgiving, Dan cannot let the players go home for family things right before the game.

Hasu Dackds
11-20-2017, 12:51 PM
I've seen it work both ways. No real rhyme or reason to it.

Commercecomet24
11-20-2017, 12:58 PM
They made way to much of that during the broadcast. A lot of teams later in the season go no pads no contact. It can work either way.

MetEdDawg
11-20-2017, 01:07 PM
The Arkansas game had nothing to do with pads or no pads. We had a punt hit a guy in the shoulder pads and we fumbled the ball into the endzone. Both of those led to 14 freak points. Defense gave up 7 the rest of the game and the offense still scored 28.

Those two freak plays prevented that game from being a 35-7 blowout.

Jack Lambert
11-20-2017, 02:37 PM
The Arkansas game had nothing to do with pads or no pads. We had a punt hit a guy in the shoulder pads and we fumbled the ball into the endzone. Both of those led to 14 freak points. Defense gave up 7 the rest of the game and the offense still scored 28.

Those two freak plays prevented that game from being a 35-7 blowout.

Don't forget that last seven was a Arky fumble that aided by our guy kicking the ball to the one yard line then Arky falling on it.

Who knows we might have kept it to a Field Goal.