PDA

View Full Version : Abram

Leeshouldveflanked
11-19-2017, 04:16 PM
Abram brings the wood when he hits...cant wait to see Cole back there with him next year... if we can get Sweat to stay one more year with Rivers coming in, the Defense will be a sack of hell! Thompson and Gay at LB are both future all SEC LB's too..

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2017, 04:22 PM
If Sweat returns, defense should be flat out elite next year.

Could still use a legit CB though.

Tbonewannabe
11-19-2017, 04:26 PM

We are probably a lockdown corner from a elite defense like 99.

Dawgology
11-19-2017, 04:32 PM
Any elite JC cb’s out there on our target list that are an actual possibility?

defiantdog
11-19-2017, 04:33 PM
Cole will play DB next year.

HoopsDawg
11-19-2017, 04:38 PM
It would really be a shame if we let one position prevent us from having an amazing year. Coaches, go find a corner ready to play next year!! Please.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-19-2017, 04:48 PM

Was there a question that a DB would play DB? What else would he play?

bulldawg28
11-19-2017, 04:50 PM

DB is a description of the the entire secondary position.

HoopsDawg
11-19-2017, 04:53 PM
DB is a description of the the entire secondary position.

I hope that either Cole or McLaurin play the JT Gray position next year.

WinningIsRelentless
11-19-2017, 05:02 PM
Abram is my dark alley pick off this year's team.

Leroy Jenkins
11-19-2017, 05:03 PM
Cole was moved to CB before the "academic" redshirt, probably where he stays.

HoopsDawg
11-19-2017, 05:18 PM
Cole was moved to CB before the "academic" redshirt, probably where he stays.

He was only moved to corner to work on his coverage skills. He actually asked for the move. If he's at corner, it's only out of absolute necessity. He's a heck of a Safety or hybrid like Gray.

Leroy Jenkins
11-19-2017, 05:21 PM
He was only moved to corner to work on his coverage skills. He actually asked for the move. If he's at corner, it's only out of absolute necessity. He's a heck of a Safety or hybrid like Gray.

We have a lot of S's no CB's so I would call that "necessity".

Political Hack
11-19-2017, 05:23 PM

I think he'll likely return. Seems like a smart kid and I doubt he takes he Bear Wilson route.

justwin
11-19-2017, 05:28 PM
I believe Corrine Harris is an ee. 4* corner do it all from Landry walker. Quarterback, leader

HoopsDawg
11-19-2017, 05:55 PM
We have a lot of S's no CB's so I would call that "necessity".

I guess I will spell it out, Cole is not a corner.

HoopsDawg
11-19-2017, 05:56 PM
I believe Corrine Harris is an ee. 4* corner do it all from Landry walker. Quarterback, leader

Tough to rely on a true freshman, but I would love to land Harris. He would probably be in the rotation.

bostondawg
11-19-2017, 07:06 PM
Agreed that we're lacking an elite corner. Which is frustrating. We'll see the type of strides that Peters and Dantzler make in the offseason. They may not be Banks 2.0, but could be a really solid combo.

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2017, 07:17 PM
Any chance Abram t-bags AJ Thursday night?

Jarius
11-19-2017, 07:21 PM
Any chance Abram t-bags AJ Thursday night?

I hope he knocks his ass into next week

starkvegasdawg
11-19-2017, 07:31 PM

If he gets the chance he will. His business is knocking dicks in the dirt and business is good.

Leroy Jenkins
11-19-2017, 08:09 PM
I guess I will spell it out, Cole is not a corner.

Care to wager where he takes his 1st snap week one next year? Peters is not a CB either but....

louisvilledawg
11-20-2017, 10:04 AM
Abram brings the wood when he hits...cant wait to see Cole back there with him next year... if we can get Sweat to stay one more year with Rivers coming in, the Defense will be a sack of hell! Thompson and Gay at LB are both future all SEC LB's too..

If only we could get Abram to fall on the football when he has a chance to recover a fumble.

Also, PROPS FOR SPELLING HIS NAME CORRECTLY!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/R2HXwaQ26bCHS/giphy.gif

Johnson85
11-20-2017, 11:23 AM
Care to wager where he takes his 1st snap week one next year? Peters is not a CB either but....

I have no clue, but we will have Dantzler, Peters, Rayford, and then some freshmen (not sure who are safeties and who are corners), so we shouldn't have to move Cole to CB unless we have an injury, but with McLauren, Bryant, and Abram coming back, it might be easier to get minutes at CB if he is capable of being a corner.

RiverCityDawg
11-20-2017, 11:39 AM
I have no clue, but we will have Dantzler, Peters, Rayford, and then some freshmen (not sure who are safeties and who are corners), so we shouldn't have to move Cole to CB unless we have an injury, but with McLauren, Bryant, and Abram coming back, it might be easier to get minutes at CB if he is capable of being a corner.

Dantzler - Okay and has potential to be pretty good. Already pretty good at run support.
Peters - tweener, who is good in run support, but lacks the hip flexibility to be a good man coverage guy against quick receivers.
Rayford - Great special teams player. Should only be used at corner in emergency situations and/or against non-conf opponents

We NEED corner help. Maybe the redshirting freshman from Oxford can make a jump and help, but otherwise we don't have even a decent two-deep next year.

Barking 13
11-20-2017, 04:58 PM

I think it would sting more if Leo did.

Turfdawg67
11-20-2017, 05:45 PM
It would really be a shame if we let one position prevent us from having an amazing year. Coaches, go find a corner ready to play next year!! Please.

Boy... you just move position to position looking for somewhere to bitch. WRs, OL, K and now CB... which is not
even to be a detriment yet.