PDA

View Full Version : Did Anyone Hear the Story About Aeris Asking Mullen To Speak To The Young Guys?

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2017, 08:39 AM
Apparently, during the remote throwing panic yesterday, the sideline reporter said that Aeris Williams asked Mullen to speak to the young players about how he would be here next year, as some of the younger guys were worried and weren?t used to rumors like the older players.

I was in the middle of a yelling at my TV and punching pillows when this report likely took place.

Did anyone catch the gist of it?

PassInterference
11-19-2017, 08:40 AM
He asked Mullen to explain to the young guys that Mullen rumors come up almost every year and that he isn?t going anywhere.

starkvegasdawg
11-19-2017, 08:44 AM
He also said Mullen told them they weren?t getting out of off season conditioning because he wasn?t going anywhere.

MeridianDog
11-19-2017, 09:04 AM
Sigh...There will be wars and rumors of wars.

Gets old. I know it must for Dan.

msstatelp1
11-19-2017, 09:10 AM
Sigh...There will be wars and rumors of wars.

Gets old. I know it must for Dan.

Dan could stop it if he wanted by telling Sexton to not put his name out there. Maybe it's an ego boost to hear his name mentioned for other jobs or just part of the game for a pay raise that agents play. Sexton did it with Freeze and Florida.

Dawgology
11-19-2017, 09:21 AM
Apparently, during the remote throwing panic yesterday, the sideline reporter said that Aeris Williams asked Mullen to speak to the young players about how he would be here next year, as some of the younger guys were worried and weren?t used to rumors like the older players.

I was in the middle of a yelling at my TV and punching pillows when this report likely took place.

Did anyone catch the gist of it?

I’m glad I’m not the only one that does this.

Really Clark?
11-19-2017, 09:31 AM
Dan could stop it if he wanted by telling Sexton to not put his name out there. Maybe it's an ego boost to hear his name mentioned for other jobs or just part of the game for a pay raise that agents play. Sexton did it with Freeze and Florida.

It's every reporter and pundt mentioning his name for X Y Z job. Sexton and Dan have no control over that and are not pushing that narrative. As long as Dan is successful here, they will mention him for other jobs that they believe is better than MSU. At this point after 9 years, we should understand this by now. And Sexton will do his job to use what the media is doing as leverage for Dan to get more what he wants. Which he should

TrapGame
11-19-2017, 09:52 AM
The last three games an announcer has mentioned in some form or fashion that Dan told them he is happy and not leaving.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2017, 10:10 AM
It's every reporter and pundt mentioning his name for X Y Z job. Sexton and Dan have no control over that and are not pushing that narrative. As long as Dan is successful here, they will mention him for other jobs that they believe is better than MSU. At this point after 9 years, we should understand this by now. And Sexton will do his job to use what the media is doing as leverage for Dan to get more what he wants. Which he should

This. Dan has no control over the talking heads, none. He especially has no control over those that have an agenda.

DownwardDawg
11-19-2017, 10:13 AM
After this year when he shows no interest in Florida, Tennessee, Arkansas, etc..... I think it may die down. I think with us competing for the west again next year like 2014 people may realize he has a really good job.

BrunswickDawg
11-19-2017, 10:18 AM
This isn?t Sexton. Remember everyone said it was his shitty agent before Sexton and that when Dan switched Sexton would not let his name get out because he handles things the right way....

Well right on Q, the Dan to XXX started up again as soon as people realized we are good. It?s not Dan, it?s not Sexton. Dan has said at least 5 times I?m aware of he?s happy, built a great program and isn?t going anywhere. And yet they press still bring it up every single day. That?s not on Dan, that?s an agenda driven press.

MetEdDawg
11-19-2017, 10:26 AM
This is totally media driven. Media says it every day. ESPN has a crisis and they need high profile and good coaches at the institutions that drive hits to content.

ESPN needs schools like Tennessee and Florida to be relevant because of fan base size and the potential for hits on articles that they could write. Mullen to wherever drives hits. But just think about the future potential for hits if Mullen were to go to a higher profile school and improve those teams. Potentially very lucrative because bad teams don’t generate content hits unless it’s about them replacing a coach.

Mjoelner34
11-19-2017, 10:41 AM
The rumors will only get worse if we go to the Citrus and end up playing Notre Dame. Headlines will read "Many consider this game as a job interview for Dan Mullen." The stories are probably already written and they're just waiting to run them.

Dawgology
11-19-2017, 11:17 AM
The rumors will only get worse if we go to the Citrus and end up playing Notre Dame. Headlines will read "Many consider this game as a job interview for Dan Mullen." The stories are probably already written and they're just waiting to run them.

Didn’t realize the Notre Dame HC position was opening up this off season.

MetEdDawg
11-19-2017, 11:18 AM
Well the big thing is there probably aren’t gonna be any jobs open he would even consider. If I were going to get concerned, a job like Ohio State, Penn State, USC, FSU, maybe Oklahoma would have to open up. He’s not leaving us for anything less because we are a Top 25 program now.

He’s not going to rebuild a team that’s similar to us and whether people want to admit it or not, Tennessee and Florida type situations are way worse than our jobs currently. Total rebuilds at programs with massive expectations. 4 years ago those are clearly better jobs. But now we are on the verge of 3 of our last 4 years having 9 wins or more. That change in culture makes this job a hell of a lot more attractive to stay at.

msbulldog
11-19-2017, 11:23 AM
He also said Mullen told them they weren?t getting out of off season conditioning because he wasn?t going anywhere.

As always Vegas, funny!

msbulldog
11-19-2017, 11:27 AM

It is Sexton's job! Make your client look attractive, make him more money in contract negotiations, in turn make Sexton more money. It's a very simple concept.

Mjoelner34
11-19-2017, 11:34 AM
Didn’t realize the Notre Dame HC position was opening up this off season.

It was questionable up until their run this year and some griping could start back if Stanford happens to take them out. The early UGA loss coupled with last year really had them going.

dawgs
11-19-2017, 11:37 AM
This isn?t Sexton. Remember everyone said it was his shitty agent before Sexton and that when Dan switched Sexton would not let his name get out because he handles things the right way....

Well right on Q, the Dan to XXX started up again as soon as people realized we are good. It?s not Dan, it?s not Sexton. Dan has said at least 5 times I?m aware of he?s happy, built a great program and isn?t going anywhere. And yet they press still bring it up every single day. That?s not on Dan, that?s an agenda driven press.

Wat? Sexton doesn’t float names to get his clients raises? Who said that?

TrapGame
11-19-2017, 11:38 AM
It keeps MSU as a program in the spotlight. We have a hot coach.

dawgs
11-19-2017, 11:40 AM
Well the big thing is there probably aren’t gonna be any jobs open he would even consider. If I were going to get concerned, a job like Ohio State, Penn State, USC, FSU, maybe Oklahoma would have to open up. He’s not leaving us for anything less because we are a Top 25 program now.

He’s not going to rebuild a team that’s similar to us and whether people want to admit it or not, Tennessee and Florida type situations are way worse than our jobs currently. Total rebuilds at programs with massive expectations. 4 years ago those are clearly better jobs. But now we are on the verge of 3 of our last 4 years having 9 wins or more. That change in culture makes this job a hell of a lot more attractive to stay at.

Tennessee? Sure. But Florida is a top 10 job and always 2 years and the right coach from a top 10 season. The have talent on the roster and the location and in state recruiting base always has them poised for Aquino turnaround.

tireddawg
11-19-2017, 11:42 AM

I think he does it to keep State in the news. It's alot of pub. He has no intention of leaving Any time soon, but they keep talking about us. I say let em as long as the players and recruits know what's up.

Bass Chaser
11-19-2017, 12:02 PM
It began with Mullen meeting with the leadership team. During that meeting, Aeris asked Mullen to speak to the younger guys because they haven’t been around for these rumors before.

Really Clark?
11-19-2017, 12:07 PM
Wat? Sexton doesn?t float names to get his clients raises? Who said that?

Sexton doesn't have float his name. The media is doing it on their own

Turfdawg67
11-19-2017, 12:44 PM
Sexton doesn't have float his name. The media is doing it on their own

Exactly. Now, does Sexton take advantage once his name is linked to some other job? He better, or he’s a crappy agent.

the59dawg
11-19-2017, 01:31 PM
This is totally media driven. Media says it every day. ESPN has a crisis and they need high profile and good coaches at the institutions that drive hits to content.

ESPN needs schools like Tennessee and Florida to be relevant because of fan base size and the potential for hits on articles that they could write. Mullen to wherever drives hits. But just think about the future potential for hits if Mullen were to go to a higher profile school and improve those teams. Potentially very lucrative because bad teams don?t generate content hits unless it?s about them replacing a coach.

Finebaum is the worst. He must mention it every day on his program.

Reason2succeed
11-19-2017, 01:45 PM
Aeris showed leadership by doing that. I wonder if that’s why he was benched at the beginning of the game?***

preachermatt83
11-19-2017, 01:47 PM
Dan told his players that he was t going anywhere. Period.

Offshore Dawg
11-19-2017, 01:47 PM
On the flip side we could still have Croom and not have to worry about our coach being pilfered by another school.

Get real people, Dan built a successful program here at MSU that many other schools envy. That is the way things work.

RougeDawg
11-19-2017, 02:32 PM
Dan can shut a lot of these f*ckers up next year be beating Bama, winning theSeC and making a playoff run. None of these asshats believe a current SEC championship or playoffs is attainable a lot MSU, even after 2014. Show them I️t can be done and they?ll stop saying it?s impossible and he?s got to leave to win anything.

Rejlector84sports
11-19-2017, 03:45 PM
Sexton helps Dan by keeping his name out there even though Dan has probably told Sexton he is not interested in a change. By keeping Dan's name out there Sexton can go to other potential clients and show the prospect as to what he is doing for existing clients. If Sexton is getting a 10% cut that's half a mil each year just to get his clients name out there. We State fans need to calm down and realize this is a game that we have already won. Dan won't be going anywhere, Sexton will get a nice cut and new clients from his work, and the Dogs will continue to soar. Let's thank Keenum, Strickland and Cohen for keeping things nice.