PDA

View Full Version : Flyover today in Fayetteville!! Anyone else notice how low they were?

RougeDawg
11-18-2017, 06:16 PM
The choppers were barely above the scoreboard, no more than 100 ft when they came over. The wind was whipping through the stadium in a vortex type motion. The last helo than came over looked to have been sucked down (library style) as It got to the 30. The pilot had to pull back/up on controls and lift it high enough to clear the south endzone suites. If I?d been sitting down there, I?d have probably needed a new change of underwear.

Anyone else see this?

Coach007
11-18-2017, 07:06 PM
Yep got pics of them

Bothrops
11-18-2017, 08:32 PM
Yep got pics of them

Can you share them? Please I wanna see!

MagicDawg
11-18-2017, 08:49 PM
I saw video on Facebook. Hope this link takes you there: https://goo.gl/Ax16q1

Dawgbite
11-18-2017, 09:19 PM
Years ago I was in a chopper over St Louis and we were headed back to land. As we passed near Busch Stadium I asked the pilot to fly over to get a better look at the stadium. He did and as we flew directly over the stadium the bottom dropped out from under the chopper. The pilot was laughing as he was adding power to stop the sudden drop, he said there is no deader air than over an enclosed stadium. He knew what was about to happen but I thought we wouldn't stop falling until we hit the ground. Scared the crap out of me.

parabrave
11-18-2017, 09:48 PM
We, MSArng, were doing a static display in Jackson at a high school in Jackson back in the 90's when a really good looking teacher asked me how low could I fly the aircraft (UH-1) over their football stadium. Told her to get everyone in the stands and we flew right down the middle of the field exiting with the skids right above the crossbars. AW the good ole days.

Bucky Dog
11-18-2017, 10:57 PM
We were at the game and we were scared shitless. That was a littl too close for comfort.

Schultzy
11-18-2017, 11:51 PM
Anybody at the 1981 Navy game in Jackson for the F-15 flyover? They damn near hit the scoreboard.

IMissJack
11-19-2017, 12:11 AM
Anybody at the 1981 Navy game in Jackson for the F-15 flyover? They damn near hit the scoreboard.

I was 12 and at that game with my family. One of the jets hit the afterburner and scared the crap out of everyone. I think John Bond ran about a 70 yd TD on the first play of that game.

whosyourdawgy
11-19-2017, 12:28 AM
I was 12 at the time. We were running late to get in the stadium for the anthem. Had no idea there was gonna be a flyover and as we came up the ramp, the F4s went by. I literally dropped to my knees and thought the whole dang stadium was coming down. I was shook up for about the 1st 10 minutes of the first quarter. Scared the crap out of me

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2017, 12:39 AM

Those were F-4s from Meridian and I was there. That was the only game that Navy played in the south that year, There were a ton of Navy Brass there. I swear those guys were below the open end of the stadium headed UP when they passed the 50. I looked down at the Navy brass, and most of them were flat on their faces. I always heard those pilots were in TROUBLE when they got back to Meridian. For the record if you ain't never heard F-4 Phantoms at low level, they are LOUD. MUCH louder than anything we fly now. It was awesome.

whosyourdawgy
11-19-2017, 01:12 AM
If they were to fly over Jackson Memorial today, it would cave in.