PDA

View Full Version : Y'all may laugh but......

Liverpooldawg
11-18-2017, 03:35 PM
that's a huge win. It's the kind of win that builds programs. We had so many guys who didn't even travel, we came out totally flat, every break in the world went against us, we played like absolute crap for most of the game, but we found a way to win it. Very, very, very, few teams would have won that game given the way it played out. Almost no MSU team I've ever seen would have.

Hasu Dackds
11-18-2017, 03:35 PM
Jackie lost a bunch of em like that.

Liverpooldawg
11-18-2017, 03:36 PM

He absolutely did.

Statecoachingblows**
11-18-2017, 03:39 PM
I will take ugly wins ALL day every day

MeridianDog
11-18-2017, 03:43 PM
Every win builds character.

Difficult wins build more character.

My Dogs may kill me yet. My Pacemaker worked overtime in this game.

Leroy Jenkins
11-18-2017, 03:43 PM
"struggle win"

msstate7
11-18-2017, 03:45 PM
I absolutely hated we played so poorly and freaked out a bunch, but I am glad we won like this now. We now enter egg bowl week with momentum. I do not think an easy win would create the same momentum

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2017, 03:46 PM
that's a huge win. It's the kind of win that builds programs. We had so many guys who didn't even travel, we came out totally flat, every break in the world went against us, we played like absolute crap for most of the game, but we found a way to win it. Very, very, very, few teams would have won that game given the way it played out. Almost no MSU team I've ever seen would have.

Outstanding post. I obviously agree.

State82
11-18-2017, 03:49 PM

Spot. On.

stungeon
11-18-2017, 03:49 PM
Agreed. We have lost so many games like the one today. Big win.

parabrave
11-18-2017, 03:56 PM

JS hated traveling to Little Rock. He said just the drive there killed the team.

Commercecomet24
11-18-2017, 03:56 PM
This was a gut check heart win! We have blown these games to many times in the past. Dan has changed the culture of our program. We are not the lovable losers anymore!

Mutt the Hoople
11-18-2017, 04:03 PM
Every win builds character.

Difficult wins build more character.

Right now, have character running out my ass.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-18-2017, 04:06 PM
I absolutely hated we played so poorly and freaked out a bunch, but I am glad we won like this now. We now enter egg bowl week with momentum. I do not think an easy win would create the same momentum

I agree.....a tough win is what this team needed going into the Egg Bowl.

defiantdog
11-18-2017, 04:08 PM
I still think Rayford should not play against OM

BrunswickDawg
11-18-2017, 04:15 PM
I?m definitely glad we didn?t have these game threads in ?99. I worry about some of y?alls emotional stability. Some of y?all would not have survived that season

MaroonFlounder
11-18-2017, 05:04 PM
If they ask Rayford to cover either Brown or Metcalf Thursday, it will be a blowout in TSUN’s favor.

Bulldogg31
11-18-2017, 05:16 PM
Never made a bad birdie. Never had a bad win.

RougeDawg
11-18-2017, 05:18 PM
Today my confidence never faded. Nerves or worries never entered my mind. What was concerning was the last of runs early and mixing up the play calls to get our offense in rhythm.

If I?m not mistaken the first 3-4 fake jet sweep handoffs to Aeris all went for 7 yards. Every time we had players in motion we made positive yards. This is a key aspect to our offense, the deception, motion and misdirection. Why we don?t use it more often is baffling to me.

Not running the ball early against one of the worst rushing defenses in the SEC is also baffling.

Either way, character building win and our crowd finally got into the game in the 4th when the defense needed I️t most.

GreenheadDawg
11-18-2017, 05:20 PM
Good teams win games like that. I don’t think we could have played any worse so we have nowhere to go but up next week

GreenheadDawg
11-18-2017, 05:22 PM

I 2nd this. I’m trying not to bash the kid but good lord he’s terrible. He’s completely lost

WSOPdawg
11-18-2017, 05:23 PM
Glad we won, but Bert's boneheaded decision to to for it on 4th&2 gifted us the short field. I'll be surprised if Arky gives him next week's game tbh. Again, glad we won, 9-3 here we come!!!

GOTHOM and Hail State!!!

Dawgology
11-18-2017, 05:29 PM
Right now, have character running out my ass.

Same here. I have the stress shits.

Reason2succeed
11-18-2017, 05:30 PM
Glad we won, but Bert's boneheaded decision to to for it on 4th&2 gifted us the short field. I'll be surprised if Arky gives him next week's game tbh. Again, glad we won, 9-3 here we come!!!

GOTHOM and Hail State!!!

It’s not boneheaded if he gets it. It was aggressive but I can appreciate that. He was tied with a team he was supposed to lose to and his job is on the line. Go out with a blaze of glory not like a coward.

WeWonItAll(Most)
11-18-2017, 05:39 PM
Today my confidence never faded. Nerves or worries never entered my mind. What was concerning was the last of runs early and mixing up the play calls to get our offense in rhythm.

If I?m not mistaken the first 3-4 fake jet sweep handoffs to Aeris all went for 7 yards. Every time we had players in motion we made positive yards. This is a key aspect to our offense, the deception, motion and misdirection. Why we don?t use it more often is baffling to me.

Not running the ball early against one of the worst rushing defenses in the SEC is also baffling.

Either way, character building win and our crowd finally got into the game in the 4th when the defense needed I️t most.
Our offense has looked horrible against UGA, Auburn and Arkansas. In all three of those games we essentially spotted the other team 14 points before we had the opportunity to get into a rhythm on offense. Then (I assume) we started changing our offense due to being down 14 points.

Liverpooldawg
11-18-2017, 05:40 PM
It’s not boneheaded if he gets it. It was aggressive but I can appreciate that. He was tied with a team he was supposed to lose to and his job is on the line. Go out with a blaze of glory not like a coward.

Even if he had got it he would still have been in his own side of the field. The situation there there dictates punt every time.

RocketDawg
11-18-2017, 05:48 PM
Our offense has looked horrible against UGA, Auburn and Arkansas. In all three of those games we essentially spotted the other team 14 points before we had the opportunity to get into a rhythm on offense. Then (I assume) we started changing our offense due to being down 14 points.

We also spotted La Tech 14 before we started playing.

Mimi's Babies
11-18-2017, 05:57 PM
Dantzler needs to be benched or he needs to run the bleachers when they return.

LC Dawg
11-18-2017, 06:02 PM

You?re exactly right. I can?t believe people are still bitching. It was a great win. We?re 8-3 headed into the Egg Bowl. I?m excited.

Jack Lambert
11-18-2017, 06:03 PM
Take back two fumbles and a crazy bounce play we win 28 to 0.

the59dawg
11-18-2017, 06:07 PM

Neither should Cleveland. Maybe we had no choice today, but NO.
Also would make Abram practice about 50 loose ball recoveries w/o trying to pick it up.

Indndawg
11-18-2017, 06:10 PM

sorry Liver...couldn't resist ;)

DLGDawg
11-19-2017, 10:08 AM

If I?m not mistaken the first 3-4 fake jet sweep handoffs to Aeris all went for 7 yards. Every time we had players in motion we made positive yards. This is a key aspect to our offense, the deception, motion and misdirection. Why we don?t use it more often is baffling to me. 65039;t most.

I agree Rogue. Arkansas was over pursuing/guessing the play/great film study? on the base read options. When we added that extra motion the running game opened up.

Spiderman
11-19-2017, 10:24 AM

You are right. No matter how it happens, or against who, winning is all that matters.

Look, we played like crap for certain series, but Arky got basically 14 fluke points and another gift for 7 more. Take those 3 plays out, and State wins 21 or so to 0.

We have to be what we are. Which is Fitz running the ball, on non scrambles, 10-20 times a game. Go back and run the true Relf offense and we move the ball pretty good.

Both against Umass and Ark. we came out trying to limit the hits on Fitz by running pocket passes and straight RB runs. We started very slow in both games.

I agree with the announcers, Fitz is better throwing on the move. And more dangerous

PassInterference
11-19-2017, 10:25 AM
Good teams have to be able to win ugly games. We did that. So it?s a good win.

Your dad?s MSU certainly has lost a lot of games like this one.

Spiderman
11-19-2017, 10:38 AM
Good teams have to be able to win ugly games. We did that. So it?s a good win.

Your dad?s MSU certainly has lost a lot of games like this one.

Yep, and why I told everyone I talked to this week that it was gonna be rough. Brandon Walker, Rosey and Sallee all saying it would be easy are like most I talked to.

My reply was in the last 20 years I think we won at Arkansas twice, and a lot of those losses came when I thought State was as good or better.

And the 2 wins were in OT and blocking a FG on the last play.

Plus it's at 11 am, which is the underdog game, and windy and cold as usual up there.

What made people really think this would be easy?