PDA

View Full Version : OM coaching rumor

NWADAWG
11-17-2017, 03:23 PM
A coworker from Arizona said that the big talk there is Rich Rod to OM. I think it's great fit. 2 arrogant dumpster fires joining forces.

Reason2succeed
11-17-2017, 03:29 PM
Big name. Small game. Perfect fit for each other. Mullen will own him.

BulldogDX55
11-17-2017, 03:34 PM
Big name. Small game. Perfect fit for each other. Mullen will own him.

I'll never forget the 2010 Gator Bowl against his Michigan team. The day before, both teams had pep rallies at some kind of pier area, a few hundred yards apart. Ours was about an hour before theirs. When ours was over, everyone went over to the Michigan one, and unbeknownst to them, the 2k Michigan fans were completely surrounded by 5k+ State folk, cowbells in hand. At one point, an oblivious Rich Rod said something like, "Now, I know that there are going to be some bells ringing tomorrow..." and before he could finish the thought, 5k cowbells started ringing. The Michigan fans suddenly noticed the crowd around them, and Rich Rod looked deeply embarrassed and defeated man. He looked flat intimidated.

The next day, the team finished the job. Truly a thing of beauty.

Dawg61
11-17-2017, 03:39 PM
Rich Rod's West Virginia teams were amazing but then he lost it totally and hasn't gotten it back since. He beat the absolute piss outta us twice with WVU so it was nice for Mullen to take a pound of flesh from him in the Gator Bowl.

ScoobaDawg
11-17-2017, 03:59 PM
I really think noone should believe a damn thing ANYONE is saying UNTIL the COI report is released.
Why the hell would anyone want to look at the dumpster fire that is still burning a giant crater until the ground and you can't see how deep it is yet.

Reason2succeed
11-17-2017, 04:03 PM
I really think noone should believe a damn thing ANYONE is saying UNTIL the COI report is released.
Why the hell would anyone want to look at the dumpster fire that is still burning a giant crater until the ground and you can't see how deep it is yet.

As bad as Rich Rod is I would think he could do better than an on probation OM unless they are paying him big bucks to end his career in four years. He definitely should ask for a tremendous buyout and a guaranteed extension after 3 years since they can?t do a contract over four years.

BeardoMSU
11-17-2017, 04:07 PM
As bad as Rich Rod is I would think he could do better than an on probation OM unless they are paying him big bucks to end his career in four years. He definitely should ask for a tremendous buyout and a guaranteed extension after 3 years since they can?t do a contract over four years.

Agreed.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-17-2017, 04:09 PM
No way I'm buying this

Coach34
11-17-2017, 04:12 PM
Until penalties hit- nobody is taking that job. Once penalties hit- few people will want it

BeardoMSU
11-17-2017, 04:19 PM
Once penalties hit- few people will want it

And those that do will be the desperate re-tread types.

Commercecomet24
11-17-2017, 04:20 PM
No way Rich Rod takes that dumpster fire.

Jack Lambert
11-17-2017, 04:21 PM
Rich Rod's West Virginia teams were amazing but then he lost it totally and hasn't gotten it back since. He beat the absolute piss outta us twice with WVU so it was nice for Mullen to take a pound of flesh from him in the Gator Bowl.

He got really lucky with the QB and Running back he had at WVU that season.

IMissJack
11-17-2017, 04:24 PM
I thought AZ was doing ok this year. Too lazy to look it up.

Commercecomet24
11-17-2017, 04:26 PM
I thought AZ was doing ok this year. Too lazy to look it up.

7-3 and 2nd in the pac12 south. And he's in a very low pressure job.

TrapGame
11-17-2017, 04:35 PM
Arizona job >>> ole miss job post sanctions

If RR does take it then it proves he's an idiot. Dan will own him for several years straight.

SailingDawg
11-17-2017, 04:39 PM
I'll never forget the 2010 Gator Bowl against his Michigan team. The day before, both teams had pep rallies at some kind of pier area, a few hundred yards apart. Ours was about an hour before theirs. When ours was over, everyone went over to the Michigan one, and unbeknownst to them, the 2k Michigan fans were completely surrounded by 5k+ State folk, cowbells in hand. At one point, an oblivious Rich Rod said something like, "Now, I know that there are going to be some bells ringing tomorrow..." and before he could finish the thought, 5k cowbells started ringing. The Michigan fans suddenly noticed the crowd around them, and Rich Rod looked deeply embarrassed and defeated man. He looked flat intimidated.

The next day, the team finished the job. Truly a thing of beauty.

That's a great story! I thoroughly enjoyed that demolition, especially after we adjusted our defense and took care of their QB the rest of the game.

Jarius
11-17-2017, 04:41 PM
He was such a hot name at WV. I wonder what happened ? I mean he’s still ok but nothing like he once was.

Hasu Dackds
11-17-2017, 05:08 PM
Dumbest rumor yet. Rich Rod makes like 3 million and is looking good this year. Guy is a great offensive coach and when he has a DC, much like Mullen, he can smoke. I don't want him anywhere close to Oxford and there is zero chance he takes it anyway.

Too many of you only remember that Gator Bowl. Not to mention he had an uphill battle the entire time he was at Michigan. If he made any mistake, it was leaving West Virginia.

NWADAWG
11-17-2017, 05:13 PM
Dumbest rumor yet. Rich Rod makes like 3 million and is looking good this year. Guy is a great offensive coach and when he has a DC, much like Mullen, he can smoke. I don't want him anywhere close to Oxford and there is zero chance he takes it anyway.

Too many of you only remember that Gator Bowl. Not to mention he had an uphill battle the entire time he was at Michigan. If he made any mistake, it was leaving West Virginia.

Per an Arizonan, he's winning but admin and boosters hate him and want him gone.

Dawg61
11-17-2017, 05:18 PM
He got really lucky with the QB and Running back he had at WVU that season.

Pat White & Steve Slaton, those two years we played WVU they were so nasty. They had back to back 11-2 seasons those years.

Hasu Dackds
11-17-2017, 05:27 PM
Per an Arizonan, he's winning but admin and boosters hate him and want him gone.

If Mullen leaves I hope we hire him

ALL DAY

Commercecomet24
11-17-2017, 05:32 PM
Pat White & Steve Slaton, those two years we played WVU they were so nasty. They had back to back 11-2 seasons those years.

Don?t forget Owen Schmidt that big crazy rb that used to beat his head with his own helmet lol

Dawg61
11-17-2017, 05:49 PM
Don?t forget Owen Schmidt that big crazy rb that used to beat his head with his own helmet lol

Impossible to forget that psycho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcIhNJo1t4A

Commercecomet24
11-17-2017, 06:04 PM
Impossible to forget that psycho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcIhNJo1t4A

I?m thinking ol Owen might have been suffering from rage due to self medication.

MeridianDog
11-17-2017, 10:35 PM

If this rumor came from OM I will give it just as much credibility as anything else they say.

Absolute doubt of truth.

The other part of me says their coach can't suit up and play and they have very limited chances of recruiting anyone worthwhile for the bear future without buying them.

It seems to me that the NCAA will be watching for that.

I almost hope they try to buy their new coach a team. Would be nice being the only SEC team from Mississippi. Maybe the SEC would take Tulane back into the fold as a replacement.

parabrave
11-17-2017, 10:44 PM
He was such a hot name at WV. I wonder what happened ? I mean he’s still ok but nothing like he once was.

It was called Pat White. Just like ole Brett Farve made Curly Hallman a hot commodity; Pat White made RR one also.

Coach34
11-17-2017, 11:03 PM
Nobody will even talk to them until the penalties hit. Plus, few coaches are going to take a job where Boosters are suing student athletes from another school. No coach wants that shitshow unless he really needs a job

Dawg61
11-17-2017, 11:37 PM
It was called Pat White. Just like ole Brett Farve made Curly Hallman a hot commodity; Pat White made RR one also.

Pat White was great but he never ran for as many yards in a season as Fitz did last year. WVU was essentially running the Auburn HUNH before Oregon and Auburn started doing it. They weren't a great passing team. They had 2-3 electric runners and used hurry up no huddle to confuse the defense. Rich Rod's system still works as we don't have to go beyond Auburn to see it being successful. Rodriguez seems to have gone away from that type of offense though for whatever reason and he hasn't seen the same level of success ever since. He consistently has shitty defenses though so that is the other reason for his downfall and it's a big reason.

Todd4State
11-18-2017, 12:08 AM
Pat White was great but he never ran for as many yards in a season as Fitz did last year. WVU was essentially running the Auburn HUNH before Oregon and Auburn started doing it. They weren't a great passing team. They had 2-3 electric runners and used hurry up no huddle to confuse the defense. Rich Rod's system still works as we don't have to go beyond Auburn to see it being successful. Rodriguez seems to have gone away from that type of offense though for whatever reason and he hasn't seen the same level of success ever since. He consistently has shitty defenses though so that is the other reason for his downfall and it's a big reason.

White and Slaton were special players for them and I think that's most of why he hasn't been as successful.

Dawg61
11-18-2017, 12:37 AM
White and Slaton were special players for them and I think that's most of why he hasn't been as successful.

No doubt those two players were electric but if you look at his offenses at WVU and then look at the nine years following his leave from there a very interesting stat stands out. In the last six years he was at WVU the least he ever ran the ball the was 69% of the time in one season. The other five years he ran it 70% or more. Since he left in nine seasons he has ran the ball only once that much and it dipped below 50% at Arizona his first year. He has gotten away from what made him so successful at WVU. Running the ball a whole bunch and using the HUNH.

Dawgfan77
11-18-2017, 07:48 AM
Nobody will even talk to them until the penalties hit. Plus, few coaches are going to take a job where Boosters are suing student athletes from another school. No coach wants that shitshow unless he really needs a job
100% agree! OM is the worst job opening in power 5. Not so much that is OM but let?s look at it like this. Whoever takes the job will have a minimum, a minimum of three years probation, scholarship reductions and trying to compete in the sec West. When you hear rumors about this guy or that guy remember this. OM is the worst job opening in the power 5 this year

Drugdog
11-18-2017, 08:09 AM
No way I'm buying this

Good luck today Dan! Get the boys fired up.

SapperDawg
11-18-2017, 08:16 AM
Let us not forget that Rich Rod was offered the Alabama HC position to replace Shula, and accepted before the WVU boosters changed his mind.

Good AL.com rundown on that episode:
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/12/looking_back_at_what_really_ha.html

Ari Gold
11-18-2017, 10:39 AM
Until penalties hit- nobody is taking that job. Once penalties hit- few people will want it

It's not hard to understand this ☝️☝️☝️.