PDA

View Full Version : Is the Delay of the COI punishment a good thing or bad thing for Ole Miss?

Jack Lambert
11-17-2017, 03:02 PM
I am thinking it is taking so long because of so many violations and multiple coaching staff.

starkvegasdawg
11-17-2017, 03:04 PM
Bears saying it?s because they can?t levy severe sanctions and are delaying announcing them as long as possible to keep the cloud of uncertainty hanging over the program and hurt early signing and the coach search.

Dolphus Raymond
11-17-2017, 03:09 PM
With Ole Miss, it, no matter what "it" is, is always "a good thing".

gravedigger
11-17-2017, 04:23 PM
I am thinking it is taking so long because of so many violations and multiple coaching staff.

1. I don?t think it?s about the egg bowl. Will be contentious either way.

2. I know there is no way it?s about the NCAA saving face. That is preposterous on more levels than I can count. Same odds as getting an apology.

3. I think it?s about trying to explain the matrix and how they couldn?t have conceived of this much on a ?1st? charge. There is a fine line between what they ought to do and what would effectively be the death penalty. I don?t think they want to cross that line but they want to snug up to it.

At the end of the day this is their chance to illustrate they hold the SEC to the same standard as all schools.

Coach34
11-17-2017, 04:27 PM
It's 100% about the Egg Bowl.

BeardoMSU
11-17-2017, 04:30 PM
Their media water-carriers fooled the fan base into expecting the COI decision within 6-8 weeks, when in fact, most COI decisions are released within an 8 to 12 week window (if not longer). Now they can claim this "delay" as a punitive damage from the NCAA because it's ****ing up their coaching search, but it just is what it is; the NCAA works at their own pace, and they don't give a shit about a schools coaching search.

Hasu Dackds
11-17-2017, 04:58 PM
How can the delay be anything except good? Did you think at all before you posted?

ETA: Good for us....bad for them....is what I meant.

fishwater99
11-17-2017, 05:07 PM
I think they still have Luke coaching them next year. Who the Hell is going to want that job?

Indndawg
11-17-2017, 05:15 PM

Very very bad. It prolly means something is going on the ho's side of things

Acid mouth
11-17-2017, 06:15 PM
I think they still have Luke coaching them next year. Who the Hell is going to want that job?

I think Luke is their head coach next year regardless of how they finish the season.

Bubb Rubb
11-17-2017, 06:28 PM
I think Luke is their head coach next year regardless of how they finish the season.

This is the funniest part of the whole thing....that they actually believe anyone is lining up to coach at that place. If they hire someone, it's either going to be someone like Frank Wilson, or an old retread. They're better off keeping Luke, who has already matched Hugh's win total from last year.

RocketDawg
11-17-2017, 06:57 PM
Didn't Bjork say two or three weeks ago that they were just before hiring a coach? I read that as being imminent.

Reason2succeed
11-17-2017, 07:14 PM
OM could have had a new coach a long time ago if they had of canned HF when any sane fanbase would have.

starkvegasdawg
11-17-2017, 07:35 PM
Didn't Bjork say two or three weeks ago that they were just before hiring a coach? I read that as being imminent.

He?s said a lot of things. None of them true.

TrapGame
11-17-2017, 07:47 PM
OM could have had a new coach a long time ago if they had of canned HF when any sane fanbase would have.

Yep, fire Freeze and most of his staff, throw themselves at the feet of the NCAA begging for mercy and they might have gotten out with a slap on the wrist.

coastdog
11-17-2017, 08:04 PM
Their media water-carriers fooled the fan base into expecting the COI decision within 6-8 weeks, when in fact, most COI decisions are released within an 8 to 12 week window (if not longer). Now they can claim this "delay" as a punitive damage from the NCAA because it's ****ing up their coaching search, but it just is what it is; the NCAA works at their own pace, and they don't give a shit about a schools coaching search.

They could?ve already had their penalties announced weeks or months ago had they not delayed throughout the entire process. This timing is all about their earlier choices in delaying the inevitable.

Activated Alpha
11-17-2017, 08:05 PM
Why would releasing the COI before the Egg Bowl be a bad thing? Just curious

msstate7
11-17-2017, 08:11 PM

Apparently the NCAA thinks OM could put a bounty or something on Leo. If the NCAA is intentionally delaying it till after the egg, that tells me it will be bad for OM

West Tn Dawg
11-17-2017, 08:12 PM

Because, if it's not stiff enough, we will use our razor sharp cowbells to maim the Landsharts!****

BeastMan
11-17-2017, 08:33 PM
Gonna get real bad for the shitbirds

https://i.imgur.com/tNu9HbR.gif

Mimi's Babies
11-17-2017, 08:41 PM
It's 100% about the Egg Bowl.

EXACTLY...... Thanks Coach34

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Coach34 again.

Acid mouth
11-17-2017, 08:48 PM
He?s said a lot of things. None of them true.

Which makes it difficult to predict a decision made by an impulsive illogical egocentric AD. Logic says you keep the current coach in an attempt to keep current players from transferring out. But this is Byork. Despite a fan base seeking instant gratification, there is zero chance they will receive it with any coach willing to take the job. In short, they are ****ed #WAOM

MeridianDog
11-17-2017, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE=Is delay of COI a good or bad thing for Ole Miss?[/QUOTE]

There will be no good things for OM for some time to come. Book on that.

bomanishus
11-18-2017, 08:52 AM
i just can't believe the IHL lets djork and vitter remain at crawfish u. after they have nearly totally destroyed it, much less letting djork make a coach-hiring decision!!! i thought the days of the crawfish domination of IHL were over....