PDA

View Full Version : A good write up on Mullen from August...

msudawglb
11-16-2017, 11:49 AM
https://hailstatebeat.wordpress.com/2017/08/31/dan-mullen-reflects-on-nine-year-career-at-mississippi-state/

What keeps him in Mississippi is the foundation on which he?s built his entire program: family.

?It starts with that,? Mullen says. ?Starkville is a great place to raise a family. My wife loves living here. My kids love being here. I love the community. But I also love the program. I love the kids that we?re able to recruit here. We have a great administration.

?As funny as this seems, I?ve worked for three different athletic directors, but all three of them sat in my job interview. The three people on my job interview [Greg Byrne, Scott Stricklin and John Cohen] have been the three athletic directors during my time here. Dr. Keenum, our President, hasn?t changed the entire time here. There?s been a great stability in our leadership and administration.

?I get to recruit the players I want. We have great kids here in Mississippi that come in to a program and they want to work, they want to develop. I?ve been able to build this program, not from the ground up because there was great tradition and history when we got here, but if you look at what we?ve been able to build, what we?ve been able to establish as a program since we got here, I like that. Everybody thinks the grass is greener somewhere else. In every part of life, the grass has to be greener somewhere else. Having coached around the country in a lot of different places, you realize that may not be the case.

?We have a great situation,? he finishes. ?We have a great place here. We have a great administration, unbelievable facilities, we get to recruit high-character, hard-working young men, and you get to raise your kids in a great place to raise a family.?

Commercecomet24
11-16-2017, 12:01 PM
Wow, thanks for sharing that! Great article! Dan has become one of us.