PDA

View Full Version : D vs LSU

RBritt
09-27-2013, 10:59 AM
Who do y'all think will have to step it up for us to beat da taiga. I would love to see Quay and Adams at DT and Jones, Smith, Ry Brown, and Autry coming off the edge after Mettenberger. Didn't Autry have a good game against them last year. I also hope we can contain Landry and Beckham, they hurt us last year (Chris Wilson D). I would love to end this shit streak of losses to these assholes from Baton Rouge.

CadaverDawg
09-27-2013, 11:27 AM
Our DT's and CB's are going to tell the tale in my opinion. Our DT's will have to at least be able to slow down the run game without having full fledged LB help. And then our CB's will have to make plays after we force them to pass, which will be easier if they can have LB help bc the DT's are getting push

TopDog58
09-27-2013, 11:31 AM
So far we've played either mobile QBs or offenses designed to release the ball quickly. Will be interesting to see if our Dline can generate pressure on a drop back passer. If not, Beckham will torch us in the open field.

msstate7
09-27-2013, 11:54 AM
So far we've played either mobile QBs or offenses designed to release the ball quickly. Will be interesting to see if our Dline can generate pressure on a drop back passer. If not, Beckham will torch us in the open field.

This is the game Preston smith and Autry make their mark. They should do well against a standard drop back qb. We're gonna give their ol some trouble

CJDAWG85
09-27-2013, 12:15 PM
We have to shut down Beckham and Landry. Make them one dimensional.

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2013, 12:21 PM
The LSU game will come down to our d-lines ability to get pressure on Met and our secondary's ability to cover Landry and Beckham on play action. I don't care what LSU does on underneath routes, because I don't think they'll beat us doing that, but we can't allow them to hit HRs over the top on play action.

msstate7
09-27-2013, 12:24 PM
So what should we be pulling for sat? Close win, close loss by lsu? I just want the game to be very physical and be decided at the very end

Barking 13
09-27-2013, 12:50 PM
y'all are forgetting about the stable of RB studs... but I agree.. the D needs to step it up a notch, and the O HAS to put some points on the board... sounds simple...

starkvegasdawg
09-27-2013, 12:55 PM
I just want to see our db's not playing 10 yards off the ball. When they do that my six year old daughter could complete passes against them.

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2013, 12:58 PM
y'all are forgetting about the stable of RB studs... but I agree.. the D needs to step it up a notch, and the O HAS to put some points on the board... sounds simple...

No one is forgetting about LSU's RBs. Its just that our team is built to handle that, and I don't believe their RBs will be what beats us. Biting on play action will.

msstate7
09-27-2013, 01:04 PM
No one is forgetting about LSU's RBs. Its just that our team is build to handle that, and I don't believe their RBs will be what beats us. Biting on play action will.

I agree. Nickoe and cox have to be more disciplined

Political Hack
09-27-2013, 01:58 PM
it's definitely the safeties. We can't let them shift and get Nickoe tied up in a one on one versus Beckham or Landry. That's six if it happens.

That's our biggest vulnerability, but the front seven are going to have to play lights out to stop Hill and Co.

Coach34
09-27-2013, 02:27 PM
If we can stop the run with our front without having to run a safety into the box- we will be able to handle their passing game fairly well. If Hill is ripping off 6-7 yard runs on 1st down- then we are going to be in trouble.

Controlling their run game is going to be the key